Sign in to follow this  
Tuskano

YT-1300 LMS Finder

Hello there!  So it has been a long time since my last post I believe.  But I have still been busy.  For one of my latest custom ongoing builds has been a 7965 Millennium Falcon.  At first, I just did a reversed setup and reinstalled the cockpit on the port side of the ship.  Then I gave her to my Rock Raiders.  Because, what are space exploration miners without a ship to carry their stuff.  A few months later, I bought the Chrome Crusher... and the goal to make a YT-1300 into a true cargo carrier to carry something that size started.  Someday it will all become UCS size, but I am happy with the scale for now.

A few of some early pictures.

Spoiler

45025842351_805dff1864_b.jpg

45025850491_9f1bd7c2e5_b.jpg

45025847071_2f1fbf0aca_b.jpg2

New front with loading arms and bigger cockpit.

43214707590_9d2808f981_b.jpg

Start on the cargo container.

43214726250_d9f1332025_b.jpg

44384064780_e070a2a8b5_b.jpg

Finished most of the outside.  Whole ship is able to be picked up and the connection between is strong enough to even hold just the cargo container and suspend the YT-1300.

44978010032_46a97642fe_b.jpg

44978011142_8bc32df5bc_b.jpg

All that room!  Just imagine if UCS scale!

44978010662_df032d31e1_b.jpg

Cargo ramp big enough for big machines.

44978011522_e8a0c6cc7a_b.jpg

Disconnected.

44978009202_fbb3059f25_b.jpg

Newly updated look.  Interior is roughly the same.

Now to finish the cargo container for the new cargo locks.  Maybe even give it its own mining lasers so it can mine on it's own like a portable station if left in a asteroid field.  Wanting to also build a ore processing system within it as well.  Hope you guys enjoyed it all!

Edited by Tuskano

This is great.  Mash-ups like this are what Lego is all about!  Just make sure the crew's papers are all in order, because there's no way this thing is going to outrun an Imperial cruiser, at least not one of the big Corellian ships.  Maybe a bulk cruiser.

Just now, icm said:

This is great.  Mash-ups like this are what Lego is all about!  Just make sure the crew's papers are all in order, because there's no way this thing is going to outrun an Imperial cruiser, at least not one of the big Corellian ships.  Maybe a bulk cruiser.

Thank you!  This is my love of Rock Raiders and putting the question of "how would they put a YT to better use if they landed in the SW universe?"  

Yes, she has nothing fancy for weapons for fighting back unless you count using a mining gun which I guess could be used for salvage work.  The front of the cargo container is bulky enough for ramming (but maybe not the best of ideas..) but, while both halves are together she requires the extra engines for maneuvering or launching/landing.  With that said, paperwork is a yes haha.  She has a sizeable crew although I still need to have more crew quarters as the YT itself only has 2 beds.  That's another thing maybe needed in the cargo container... 

Now THAT is interesting - the rock raiders teal on the falcon is sexy, and the modded cockpit is great, too. Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, jamesn said:

Now THAT is interesting - the rock raiders teal on the falcon is sexy, and the modded cockpit is great, too. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!  My only regret is not enough teal colored brick variants.

Alrighty... so I have done the unthinkable and tore down the current cargo container my modded YT-1300.  It might have been posting this thread, adding teal to the ship, and cleaning the Lander up.  I have lots of ideas that might work to hold the full Rock Raider vehicles and crew.  Plus be able to house a rock processing system, extra crew quarters, maybe even a landing pad that could open up for the Tunnel Transport to launch from (when in atmosphere or landed).

Obviously, with all these ideas and size, visual flying won't be as easy and would have to utilize cameras. Planning to focus on building a frame first that I could maybe build around.

46817207142_21e2694922_b.jpg

46817208412_a3317e04e3_b.jpg

Oh... and have added foldable landing gear.  But might wait for later to post unless requested.

Edited by Tuskano

So this idea is turning the Rock Raider YT into more of a connectible cockpit for the cargo container I have in mind. Very big and very slow but she'll be a true freighter. There could be engines near the aft and sides built in to allow for somewhat atmosphere flight? But at the same time, I am wanting the front to have the ability to attach more similar containers for like a space train setup. Not that I would ever build more.

The container would have a ramp somewhere on the bottom for large vehicles to access. Maybe at fore and aft. The RR Tunnel Transport could maybe have a space in the upper container through a part that can maybe open on the roof to fly out of? But other then that, both top and bottom would be similar like they were simply stacked and connected in the middle.

The middle can be mobile living stations/labs/ect which the YT would be able to directly connect to via its forward airlock. Then would be stairs up and leading down.  Right now, like before, I am just focusing on the frame and build a very... very good base. Hopefully to pickup, I really don't know lol.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:17 AM, jamesn said:

It's an interesting shape - good luck with the build.

Thank you... it'll keep me busy.

Still working on the cargo container but.... the YT itself has leds now with an onboard battery!

The only thing I need to find though is lights that fit on the front mandibles and the floodlights near the forward airlock.  The ones that come with the kit were all red and blinked.

Edited by Tuskano

With my luck of bulk cargo container ideas, I seem to drain the important bricks really fast and kill my supply haha... so I decided to do a redesign of the front of the Finder to something more adaptable to container ideas.  Now gone are the foreword mandibles to something more simple.  Then with a attachable cargo clamp to the "magnetic buffers" up front, it can hook to a wider range of sized containers while still able to have a forward airlock.