16 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Nice! I like the subtle final tweaks, makes the model just that little bit more consistent. A worthy studless successor:thumbup:

7 hours ago, nigel1975 said:

Very nice. I enjoy seeing MOCs that pay homage to the originals. Makes me very nostalgic for the Technic I had as a kid.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. :classic:

BTW, I've updated the main post with the photos of the final version. I'll be adding more stuff to it over the next few days, such as some renders comparing it to the original set, and of course the video and instructions (though those will take more than a few days...)

Edited by mocbuild101

No offense, but the original model looks better in terms of design, proportions and "matureness".

If both helicopters were available in stores now, I would easily purchase the old one.

Generally speaking I miss the classic Lego Technic. Why don't TLG create an alternative range of Technic sets or at least re-release some classic set once a year?

2 hours ago, Yevhen said:

No offense, but the original model looks better in terms of design, proportions and "matureness".

I actually kinda agree... I mean, a remake can never be quite as good as the original, can it?

Really it's not supposed to directly compete with the original, as they're built in two completely different styles...

Also, much of the design is better suited to studded Technic - in particular the rotor assembly, which I found quite difficult to transfer to studless.

Anyway, thanks for the comment.

Edited by mocbuild101

Nice! Looks good and seems to work flawlessly. Great build!

<rant>

Seeing you work that crank really makes me think back of the good old studded era. Why are there no cranks on modern sets anymore...:hmpf_bad: A crank instead of those double bevel gears would make some of the controls so much more user friendly.

<\rant>

18 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Nice! Looks good and seems to work flawlessly. Great build!

16 hours ago, brickhappy said:

Great tribute! 

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

A crank instead of those double bevel gears would make some of the controls so much more user friendly.

I agree, especially when it comes to 9395...

Just finished making some renders: (first two made with Blender, last one made with Stud.io, both gifs created with ImageMagick)

800x450.jpg

Animation%20(Blender).gif

Animation%20(Stud.io).gif