Tomik

[MOC] 70827 - Alien Queen

Hi all,

when I saw new The LEGO Movie 2 sets I fell in love with Ultrakatty set 70827 and began thinking about what else I can build out of this set. The first idea was to build Ultrapuppy but I was not able to give it cool enough appearance and personality. Then I got another idea that excited me much: What about giving Emmet and Lucy real alien that would fight with those Duplo monsters? ...and it should be the coolest alien of all - alien queen! :devil:

45901949505_68c0451c1c_c.jpg

"Who is cooler alien now?"

I tried to build her as close to original as possible with limited sort of parts in set so I added such details as second jaw, big collar behind head and many thorns on back and tail. I also had to forfeit some details like the second pair of hands on chest and use pretty "wild" color scheme. Finished model features good articulation and big feet gives it some stability.

45901949465_719ea97fe0_c.jpg

39851613913_9c11f869df_c.jpg

31875433337_8423535613_c.jpg

I hope you like it. Any comments are welcome.

Edited by Tomik

On 1/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, TeriXeri said:

Alternate builds of a single set are one of my favorite types of MOC.

Well done.

Thank you for comment.

Another alt-build fan here *waves*. This is incredible! Even if you hadn't been trying to replicate a specific look, the shaping and coloring is absolutely tremendous. But to top it all off, it really resembles the inspiration behind it--a hard task even when not limited to pieces from a single set. Many kudos to you :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is fantastic.  I love how it looks, almost like the old 16 bit Heat Vision.  Any chance you would be willing to draft instructions?

Thank you all for your comments!

4 hours ago, Asphalt said:

This is fantastic.  I love how it looks, almost like the old 16 bit Heat Vision.  Any chance you would be willing to draft instructions?

Yes, I plan to create building instructions for it and put them to others at buildinst.cz

On 1/31/2019 at 8:53 PM, Asphalt said:

I will need to check that out.  Thanks.

Building instructions for alien queen are already available at buildinst.cz

Very well done. For the limited pieces and color palette, you had to work with this is still a very faithful adaptation of the Alien Queen.