Previously:

Out of the Ashes -Roadmonkeytj

To hell (and back?) -Keymonus

Meanwhile in Acropolis -Keymonus

Devastation of Charlatan Bay -Roadmonkeytj

Waiting in the wasteland -Keymonus

Those Damned Cannons -Keymonus

Infero Pordejon, somewhere near to Northern Coast, 619

The new year had been a success so far - the retaking of the Hidden Battery allowed Gustaf to Direct ships to His Private Docks and also to the FTA docks. Both of which were out of reach of the main forts cannons, and well protected locations.  Missives were sent out to begin smuggling supplies in under the cover of dark.  Tristan and Gustaf had taken leave of the Patrols to do some hunting.

Gustaf: Tristan do you see that up there?

Hunt1.lxf

Gustaf: It never ceases to amaze me at how quickly Nature can restore order to her created chaos.  The lava flows have recreated the territories and now the Males fight to reestablish their Positions in the Land.  

Huntlook.lxf

Gustaf: It seems we too fight to reestablish order, although it seems manmade chaos takes much longer to restore.  However the work we have been doing has not gone unnoticed!  I wanted to be the first to tell you that we have a new backer to our cause.  As you know I'm a Member of the Board of the FTA.  The decision was made Last night that the FTA will now finance Charlatan Bay back to its former glory with me as her Captain.  I have it on good faith that with the Military supplies that your ship is bringing in combination with the goods that the FTA fleet is bringing next month we will be in great shape to continue our push into Low town.

Huntcone.lxf

______

OoC: This is a continuation of the Joint Story of Charlatan Bay 

Comments and Criticisms are welcomed

Also this build is to Publicly declare Charlatan Bay is now Financed by the FTA with Gustaf VonBricktin [Roadmonkeytj] remaining as its Mayor.

Currently the Port Still Remains Closed to Any Nations other Than Sea Rats without prior Approval (PM)

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

Those birds are brilliant! As is the minifig posing. How did you manage to get the kneeling effect in LDD? The vegetation is also well done and I like the lava flow.

If you are interested here is a design for a style of palm tree similar to yours that I have recently started using (both physically and in LDD). I always found it hard to get the style using those leaves not looking flat on top and the use of the life rings in the linked tutorial solves that problem nicely. Just a thought!

Just now, Ayrlego said:

Those birds are brilliant! As is the minifig posing. How did you manage to get the kneeling effect in LDD? The vegetation is also well done and I like the lava flow.

If you are interested here is a design for a style of palm tree similar to yours that I have recently started using (both physically and in LDD). I always found it hard to get the style using those leaves not looking flat on top and the use of the life rings in the linked tutorial solves that problem nicely. Just a thought!

Thank you!  The Birds resulted from several ideas scattered from places all over that I liked in brick built birds.   This is how I accomplished the Kneeling pose - if using the sword holster the straight leg needs to be on that side and place a tile under the straight leg with the other leg on a stud top to get the gap right.  Ive seen it done before with the arched piece but Ive never been happy with the straight leg so came up with my own lol.   I will definitely have to give that design a try maybe there is a way to combine the two styles? Here is the way I did mine - in real Brick your able to push the trunk section further into the bush to hide the bar.  I'm thinking the lower couple with my method do give the tree more width with the upper being done with the life ring should give a nice shape!

This is a lovely build. To fix the issue with the visible bar in the tree use a 1x1 cone, with the thinner end facing the bush.

4 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

this palm tree design is wonderful !

4 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

This is how I accomplished the Kneeling pose -

The kneeling technic is great too... I will keep this in mind

Really nice built !!

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

This is a lovely build. To fix the issue with the visible bar in the tree use a 1x1 cone, with the thinner end facing the bush.

Thank you … fixed and updated

24 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

this palm tree designe is wonderful !

The kneeling technic is great too... I will keep this in mind

Really nice built !!

Thanks!

excellent work on the birds. I also like how you put the two scenes on two baseplates. That really gives the impression they are watching the brids from a distance. 

I like your trees, the lava flow is instantly recognizable, and the birds look good too.

I'll have to parrot what was aid before: those birds are wonderful.  The cooled lava flow on the left was also quite inspired.  Great job 'Monkey!

8 hours ago, Bart said:

excellent work on the birds. I also like how you put the two scenes on two baseplates. That really gives the impression they are watching the brids from a distance. 

Thanks that was the idea that they were further down the clearing

5 hours ago, Bodi said:

I like your trees, the lava flow is instantly recognizable, and the birds look good too.

2 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

I'll have to parrot what was aid before: those birds are wonderful.  The cooled lava flow on the left was also quite inspired.  Great job 'Monkey!

I'm glad the lava translated.   I looked at alot of pictures of the recent eruptions in Hawaii for inspiration on this one.   Thanks for commenting! 

29 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

Beautiful. Very fun concept. 

Thank you! 

Excellent build Roadmonkey, the birds are definitely the highlight. Great job continuing the story, and I can't wait to see more. 

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Excellent build Roadmonkey, the birds are definitely the highlight. Great job continuing the story, and I can't wait to see more. 

Thanks!  The birds are actually what prompted the whole build... As I wanted to try my hand at some exotic fowl.  Originally I was just going to have the males the left with the females...  But as I was playing around with parts usage I decided the one on the right looked like its chest was puffed up.   So I sound parts to make it looked like his feathers were ruffled.  Then added the cocked wings i'm glad they take center stage

Very nice. The birds are great, but I think the hardened lava and scorched plants is my favorite part. Good minifig posing and a nice scene all around.

Sorry I commented so late but, since it is  our collab, I think I should say something! This build is great: the turkeys are very nice, but the real protagonist is the solidified lava with the burned plants around. Hopefully I'll soon be back with another part, describing these months of "military campaign"... at least to show that Tristan is still alive! :grin:

On 1/24/2019 at 10:39 AM, Captain Dee said:

Very nice. The birds are great, but I think the hardened lava and scorched plants is my favorite part. Good minifig posing and a nice scene all around.

Im glad that came across well! Thank you.

6 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Sorry I commented so late but, since it is  our collab, I think I should say something! This build is great: the turkeys are very nice, but the real protagonist is the solidified lava with the burned plants around. Hopefully I'll soon be back with another part, describing these months of "military campaign"... at least to show that Tristan is still alive! :grin:

No worries I figured life had gotten ahold of you.  I look forward to our next chapter