Elostirion

[ESL-FB] A letter to the Colonial Council

46090872014_297edb6316_c.jpg

Dear Eslandola,

word has reached my ears, even here in Terraversa, about the most concerning recent financial reports. Be assured, my
dear friends of the Colonial Council, that you do not stand alone in this struggle. The Fontonajo family is with you in these
difficult times.

I am certain you all realise any taxation of wealth is not an option? After all, the freedom of choice is what has made our
nation great, and most certainly you will not dispossess your citizens of this freedom! I have always been in favour of 
further taxation - port taxes, taxation of new investments (properties), even taxes for living in the most luxourious towns,
taxations for larger fleets, for titles, for offices - just about for everything that leaves us with a choice to decide against it,
and thus against the taxes. While taxes on regular income might be a grey area, taxing our possessions leaves us with
no choice to take another path - which is essentially the demise of freedom and thus the doom of our Empire.

To express my support with more than just words I hereby transfer some of my most valuable possessions. While I give
the Cotton Island near Salida Este to the Merchants Colonial Trading Company, which should be netting the MCTC around
150 Dubloons in monthly revenue, the Colonial Council Hall in Montario is hereby transferred to our nation. I entrust you,
my friends in the Colonial Council, to use the money wisely.

Also as of today, all port taxes acquired by Nova Terreli shall go directly to the treasury of our great Colonial Eslandolan
Empire.

My utmost respect to the work all of you are dedicating to our nations in those hard times. My finest regards

Román Esteban Fontonajo, Colonial Grand Ambassador

46090872894_1b56cf47d5_c.jpg

I might license this as a small commerce in Kings Port, Terraversa.

And some more detail-shots of the furniture:

Edited by Elostirion

12 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

That floor... *oh2* Beautiful!

You took the words right out of my mouth! Fantastic details all around: the cabinet, the row of gold around the wall, those "wallpaper" bricks (where are those from?)! Those little quarter-round tiles above the windows are great, too. Stunning build! :thumbup:

Firstly my eyes were abused by the most lovely wall treatment I have ever seen ( I as well NEED to know where those tiles come from)  as I looked around the room the candelabra was my next oh ahh moment … but then I scrolled and the entire build was nothing because I was staring at the beautiful planked flooring.  seriously well done - all of the furniture compliments the floor and wall treatment and really gives off the feeling of wealth … great build!

Fantastic! This is one of the best interiors I've seen! My particular favourite is the cabinet!

I will go against the crowd a bit concerning the floor; while the technique is really innovative and works fabulously, I think the amount of different colours makes it a bit busy.

It's this brick, apparently from the Batcave. I ordered it a while back via bricklink (not the cave, just some of those bricks) and never had a chance to really use it since. :-) 

Edited by Elostirion

The wall looks fantastic, so does the floor, and those furnitures*oh2*, wonderful job!

The whole build is lovely, and I like that potted plant in particular.  However, the floor- wow!  The floor is amazing!  Love that technique.  :grin_wub:

This is an absolutely amazing build. The floor, the furniture, the detailing, it's just excellent @Elostirion. The only thing I would change is the brick built background in the windows, it's a little dark and seems out of place. 

As for the story... Figures the richest man in BoBS would be opposed to taxes. :pir-laugh:

Shame on you for trying to distract us from the issue with this excellent build! :pir-tongue:

I saw it first on my phone, but this is defeniatly a must see on a big screen! to many details.

I love how you did the drawers, that's a bucket handle in the bottom of a 2x1 brick?

What an elegant mix of colors for the floor!  Great furniture too, especially the candlestick.

Beautiful build. The floor technique is fantastic. The dark red pieces might clash a bit with the others, but the rest makes a striking display.

All the furniture is lovely, and I finally figured out what those decorated wallpaper bricks are and where they come from!

All in all an excellent way to illustrate the story. And gotta love the new candles. (Took 'em long enough to make, if you ask me. Like some other things...)

1 minute ago, Captain Dee said:

And gotta love the new candles. (Took 'em long enough to make, if you ask me. Like some other things...)

That's what I forgot to ask. Where do those candles come from?

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

That's what I forgot to ask. Where do those candles come from?

The new Hairy Pottery, er, Harry Potter sets. (Not a fan, but I did buy a few... for the parts.)