Sign in to follow this  
Versteinert

[MOC] Angelo Kelly's camper

Anybody knows the Kelly Family?

This is the motorhome used by Angelo Kelly, their youngest son, and his family to make their journey through Europe from 2010 till 2013, called the Off Road Tour.

I originally designed the camper for my wife as a birthday present early in 2017. I think, today I would build this model more detailed but also much more fragile. And since my wife should be able to build it by instructions and there was the eventuality that our kids would play with it afterwards, I then put a focus on playability and relatively easy building steps.

I tried to build the exterior as detailed as possible as long as it fits my mentioned goals (and according to my mocing skills in early 2017 ;) ). Finally the interior is reminiscent of the interior of the original motorhome - an alcove, a seating area in the front, a kitchen in the middle, bunk beds in the back and the bathroom in the rear.

To be able to play with and in the camper, the roof can be removed. In order to be able to put a driver in the car, in a second step the alcove can be removed, too. You can also open and close the door to the living area.

This posting is ment for showing you the camper and not for gathering supporters. But since I'm writing it anyway, I don't want to leave unmentioned that for reasons I submitted it to LEGO IDEAS, too. So, if you like it, feel free to visit and you-know-what... This way to the LEGO IDEAS project

46088565374_cd5132a06b_c.jpgAngelo Kelly - Off Road Tour by Versteinert, auf Flickr

46088562334_5923cc0f90_c.jpgAngelo Kelly - Off Road Tour by Versteinert, auf Flickr

46088563874_1d163e83fc_c.jpgAngelo Kelly - Off Road Tour by Versteinert, auf Flickr

45898520165_a89836b9b8_c.jpgAngelo Kelly - Off Road Tour by Versteinert, auf Flickr

46088567264_2fac9797ee_c.jpgAngelo Kelly - Off Road Tour by Versteinert, auf Flickr

45898521345_66f973e19e_c.jpgAngelo Kelly - Off Road Tour by Versteinert, auf Flickr

1 hour ago, SwissBrick said:

Wow, very realistic! Only missing the "squared" shirts :-) Well done and thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Thanks. Yes, there were some torsos that would have fit better, but at that time they were either too expensive or they weren't available at all.

23 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very nice MOC! :wub:

Is the steering real or fake?

Of course this is fake :D

I only added it to this one photo because it fits more my today mocing style ;)

6 hours ago, carebear said:

Love the Kelly's and love this creation!

thanks for this!

Greetings!

Thanks, glad you like it :)

5 hours ago, adwind said:

The chair design is great )

Thanks. Actually I built this chair some time ago and just added it for this picture.