Junis

[MOC] Serenity (Firefly)

This ship has been a work in progress for two years. This weekend I and my co-builder Stej123 finally finished the small details we had left. Some greebling, smother attatchment between the neck and cargobay. Som small pieces, that probably only we will notice.

Next exhibition will be in Borlänge in Sweden, Swebricks main event, may 2019. After that at Nordsken, Skellefteå, Sweden.

40756162540_25961e50bb.jpg

26785402147_acfe26fcca.jpg

26785402357_7dbee140d7.jpg

40756162360_cc4fb3e55f.jpg

More pictures to come...

Amazing! :wub:

One of my alltime favourite shows, and a great ship design. The MOC is extremely well done (not quite minifig scale though, is it?).

I would love more pictures, especially if there is an interior! The minifig crew also deserves some close-ups. :classic:

46 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Amazing! :wub:

One of my alltime favourite shows, and a great ship design. The MOC is extremely well done (not quite minifig scale though, is it?).

I would love more pictures, especially if there is an interior! The minifig crew also deserves some close-ups. :classic:

It's minifig scale, according to the Blueprints we found. The lego model is 160 cm long. We have some interior pictures we will post later.

1 minute ago, Captain_Quinn said:

Epic! Well done. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Where'd you get the blueprints?

Thanks!

We've used several diffrent sources during the project. But the most used blueprints is to be find on this page,   https://firefly.fandom.com/wiki/Serenity_Blueprints

There was also a short behind the scenes-film on Youtube that helped us to understand how diffrent areas were connected to each other. 

Here are some more pictures:
46086953344_b4a130d26d.jpg
46759526862_9b2bea178f.jpg
46759526662_74516fd235.jpg
46086953584_2652368aab.jpg
46086954124_6f18928d0a.jpg
46086953774_630e7fa5d2.jpg
32936208038_8f0416d313.jpg

32936174978_5604065844.jpg
31870473087_3ce3392327.jpg

Hopefully we will have som more photos of the entire ship soon (it's hard to take good pictures of a creation this big!)

Awesome, most detailed Firefly ship I've seen! That requires a song; "Jaaaayyyynnnneeee... The man they call Jayne!" :laugh::thumbup:

Any chance on a 'MF-813 Flying Mule' as well? Would love to see that. :grin:

Edited by -zenn

I know it's an awfully little thing to complement in light of your foremost work of two years, but I adore how the tile-built font turned out for your Serenity title card display! :thumbup: :blush:

2 hours ago, Junis said:

It's minifig scale, according to the Blueprints we found. The lego model is 160 cm long. We have some interior pictures we will post later.

That is quite a bit off:

Spoiler

The Serenity is about 82m long. A minifig without hair is 4cm tall, so if your model of 160cm had to be in scale, the humans had to be at least 2,05m. Since I started with "bald" minifigs, the real value would be even greater.

Assuming a minifig without hair stands for a human of 1,80m, your model would represent a length of 72m - so 10m too short.

BUT

I think the difference is not that big, and I still consider it minifig scale. After all, it is terribly difficult to get the scale on point with Lego, and this is an excellent compromise. The finished model looks gorgeous!

I also really love the additional scenes. Can we get some more shots of the shuttle(s?) and Earlys ship? Thanks in advance! :classic:

Edited by Drunknok

26 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

That is quite a bit off:

Reveal hidden contents

The Serenity is about 82m long. A minifig without hair is 4cm tall, so if your model of 160cm had to be in scale, the humans had to be at least 2,05m. Since I started with "bald" minifigs, the real value would be even greater.

Assuming a minifig without hair stands for a human of 1,80m, your model would represent a length of 72m - so 10m too short.

BUT

I think the difference is not that big, and I still consider it minifig scale. After all, it is terribly difficult to get the scale on point with Lego, and this is an excellent compromise. The finished model looks gorgeous!

I also really love the additional scenes. Can we get some more shots of the shuttle(s?) and Earlys ship? Thanks in advance! :classic:

Thanks for the feedback!

The specifications varies depending on what source you look at (ranging from 63-82 m in lenght). We settled somewhere in beetween because we felt that it looked the best with the minifigs.

I will post some pictures of the shuttle and Jubals ship later on!

Edited by stej123

The crew and some other caracters.

32942682578_0198020940_k.jpg

46818427221_d20c750fe4_k.jpg

32942682228_5ba744a86f_k.jpg

31877051667_b8d3322bd9_k.jpg

Edited by Junis

awesome job. Will you be doing a second version with the Reaver spear going through the cockpit window (and Hoban's chest)?

On 1/25/2019 at 11:19 PM, peedeejay said:

What a beauty! Fantastic shaping!

Thanks! The shaping was a true challange. Fun, but hard.

Whoah, that's an amazing model -- so much detail!  I especially like how you've made the scene of Mal and Inara overlooking the cows after the episode with the duel.

It’s truly awesome and as someone who has been fortunate enough to see it in person I can tell you it’s even more impressive IRL :excited:

This is just amazing. I remember seeing some older MOCs of Serenity and its nice to see that you took advantage of some newer parts. That front shot is especially satisfying for some reason.

Wow. Pretty, pretty please with whipped cream and sprinkles on top, please sell instructions on brickvault. There were other good MOCs in the past, but this is superb.