KotZ

24: Mafia - Hour 4: 3pm to 4pm

12 hours ago, jluck said:

Idk how Moore has skated by with such a weird display but I know it does seem too bold for a scum player. Still, why is he voting for me then? He’s also responsible for the votes on MT with his vague “the investigator doesn’t trust MT” line. He’s basically created both candidates for today’s lynch and yet given us no reason to trust him. I don’t know what to make of it. 

Um... I am not voting for you.  In fact, I haven’t since my day 1 prodding to get you to post something.  I have been voting for Tariq and accused you of trying to bully me off that vote in Day 3.

Why do you keep bringing me up btw? Did you get the character name wrong, cuz most of the above doesn’t apply to me.

11 hours ago, fhomess said:

It must be hard when your teammate is a likely lynch candidate and you can't figure out how to turn the tide toward a townie, huh?

Huh...

Just now, Kwatchi said:

Um... I am not voting for you.  In fact, I haven’t since my day 1 prodding to get you to post something.  I have been voting for Tariq and accused you of trying to bully me off that vote in Day 3.

Why do you keep bringing me up btw? Did you get the character name wrong, cuz most of the above doesn’t apply to me.

Yep, name mixed up. I meant Benson, sorry about that. 

Im willing to support the lynch on MT, seems like our best shot of completing one. 

Vote: Zip (mostlytechnic)

without the aid of our town block, this feels like a 50/50 proposition. 

Unvote: Dr. James (Tariq J)

I got the response I was looking for, and the good doctor has returned to participate.

As others have stated, his statement about all the scum being on the bandwagon came off as incredibly off, and I'm to agree with this. I've been going back through yesterday's logs, and his insistence that he didn't say that all the moles were on the Lewis bandwagon, when in reality he did, seems incredibly strange. I also don't believe that he replied to the senator's initial prodding yesterday involving outsider voting.

You know just as well as I do that scum love to spread out their votes. Especially if they know that whoever is being voted on is a townie. They know it may make them look better in the morning. There are scum on the wagon, no doubt. But to completely ignore the outsider votes is a bad thing, as I have a suspicion that there is a scum there somewhere. Might just be all the mess about politics and moles in my head, but this sort of sounds like someone trying to distance discussion about outsider votes. Interesting. 

I find question dodging to be pretty suspicious, especially now that Zip is accusing the senator of being scum.

Also, not entirely sure, but is anyone else getting the vibe that Zip is role fishing with that last statement of his? He wants Benson to tell us what PR's he's been in contact with? Isn't that explicitly PR fishing, or am I not reading that right?

46 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he meant Benson, not you, based on what was said. 

36 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Unvote: Dr. James (Tariq J)

I got the response I was looking for, and the good doctor has returned to participate.

As others have stated, his statement about all the scum being on the bandwagon came off as incredibly off, and I'm to agree with this. I've been going back through yesterday's logs, and his insistence that he didn't say that all the moles were on the Lewis bandwagon, when in reality he did, seems incredibly strange. I also don't believe that he replied to the senator's initial prodding yesterday involving outsider voting.

I find question dodging to be pretty suspicious, especially now that Zip is accusing the senator of being scum.

Also, not entirely sure, but is anyone else getting the vibe that Zip is role fishing with that last statement of his? He wants Benson to tell us what PR's he's been in contact with? Isn't that explicitly PR fishing, or am I not reading that right?

Nope, not fishing at all. Benson has already revealed he's in contact with at least 2 other PRs. That's who I'm asking about. If there's more (and I hope there are, so the town can turn this disaster around) don't reveal them. BENSON, DON'T REVEAL ANY MORE PRS! Is that clear enough for you? 

Now, please show me where I ever said that all the scum WERE on the wagon. I said over and over they could be, because others were saying they weren't. I was trying to make people keep both options open, since it was such a weird vote. Why do you keep twisting everything I say? I try to help the town, and everything gets distorted. And as for "dodging the senator's question".... first, there's NO QUESTION in what you quoted. If you mean the comment that I'm "trying to distance discussion about" off-wagon voting, nothing is further from the truth. Go megablocking read everything I said. That's a perk of playing in this format - everything is there and can be reviewed. I never said don't talk about it. I never said everyone WAS on the wagon for sure. I was in fact INCREASING DISCUSSION by saying there are more possibilities. I WANTED people to discuss where the scum voted and look at things. Instead all that happened was people attacking me for trying to help. 

And you wanna talk off-wagon voters? Well, there were three. Bob, Moore, and Barry. Barry's dead, and confirmed CTU. Bob claims to have been cleared by the investigator. So that leaves just Agent Moore. So yep, there could be a scum who didn't vote for Lewis. But the statistical odds are, there wasn't. If all of you are so megablocking convinced that there must be a scum off the wagon, then go vote for Moore.

Well, we have to lynch someone. 

Vote: Zip / mostlytechnic 

I don’t agree with the lynch, but we have to vote somebody out so we can learn something. I feel like it’s Day One. 

23 minutes ago, Bob said:

Well, we have to lynch someone. 

Vote: Zip / mostlytechnic 

I don’t agree with the lynch, but we have to vote somebody out so we can learn something. I feel like it’s Day One. 

Who do you suggest otherwise?

For the record, I'm perfectly comfortable with lynching Zip despite his protestations.  If someone wants to present a strong case for someone else, I'm happy to listen.  None of Zip's counter arguments sound like anything more than "You're right, but lynching me for the wrong reason!" to me.  Where is the helpful analysis to try to steer us toward someone else?

6 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Now, please show me where I ever said that all the scum WERE on the wagon. I said over and over they could be, because others were saying they weren't. I was trying to make people keep both options open, since it was such a weird vote. Why do you keep twisting everything I say? I try to help the town, and everything gets distorted. And as for "dodging the senator's question".... first, there's NO QUESTION in what you quoted. If you mean the comment that I'm "trying to distance discussion about" off-wagon voting, nothing is further from the truth. Go megablocking read everything I said. That's a perk of playing in this format - everything is there and can be reviewed. I never said don't talk about it. I never said everyone WAS on the wagon for sure. I was in fact INCREASING DISCUSSION by saying there are more possibilities. I WANTED people to discuss where the scum voted and look at things. Instead all that happened was people attacking me for trying to help. 

Here is the statement in question.

On January 15, 2019 at 8:08 AM, mostlytechnic said:

Well, bummer to have lost more CTU members. DARN IT!

That said, why do you assume that there are moles off of the Lewis wagon? Assuming like you did that a mole voted for him before he went crazy, then why wouldn't the rest of the moles jump on after the penalty since it was a completely safe, blameless place to vote? If I was on the scum team that's what I'd have done. 

You pretty much say it's unlikely that the moles would've been anywhere but the Lewis wagon. Your position has been since then that the scum more than likely were on the Lewis wagon, which in my book is the same as saying "they are on the Lewis wagon", especially since you haven't backed down from this position. It's not always about what is said explicitly, but what is implied.

33 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

You pretty much say it's unlikely that the moles would've been anywhere but the Lewis wagon. Your position has been since then that the scum more than likely were on the Lewis wagon, which in my book is the same as saying "they are on the Lewis wagon", especially since you haven't backed down from this position. It's not always about what is said explicitly, but what is implied.

So, your position is that 

1. Saying something is possible and even likely is the same thing as saying it's a 100%, guaranteed sure thing and therefore I must be scum to have that kind of insider knowledge
  2. When the voting was 9 to 4, with the lynchee committing suicide, the scum would still never all jump on a completely safe bandwagon
  3. When the voting was 9 to 4, the lynchee committed suicide relatively early in the day, and all four of the "against" votes were before that suicide, so if the scum had waited at all to vote (and they often do!) then they were all on the Lewis wagon BUT I MUST BE WRONG
  4. When the voting was 9 to 4, 3 of the "against" votes were placed before the suicide, the 4th voter (placed at the end of the day, knowing it didn't matter) has since been confirmed town, 1 is likely cleared, and so there's really only 2 possible scum left who could have voted against the wagon BUT I MUST BE WRONG

And I haven't backed down, because MY LOGIC MAKES SENSE! Yes, there's a chance that Diane or Moore is scum. According to you, one of them must be. And yet YOU'RE VOTING TO LYNCH ME AND NOT THEM!

What a crazy day, I certainly hope the town is on the right track here. 

I would like to note that I never said there I am absolutely certain that there was a mole outside of the wagon. 

On 1/15/2019 at 12:01 AM, Khscarymovie4 said:

Well that's a shame. I do not understand why Officer Lewis reacted the way he did. Reminds me of the last game where on day 2 the person who was close to being lynched just gave up. Day 2, that an odd day it has become. Sad about Barry, he seemed like a good man, and a potential running mate if I might add. 

Ok so here is yesterday's vote count. Scum love to spread out their votes, so based off that logic I'm willing to say that their were definitely scum on the Lewis wagon. I also would not be surprised if some scum voted for Lewis before he gave up, which I think is from kintobor down. Also it's logical to think that a scum or two spread their filth elsewhere. 

If it is true that one of the scum voted before the wagon rolled then that would narrow it down to me, Alfred, and Jason. I'm CTU so you can trust me (lol). Me personally I will be keeping in eye on the other two. 

The votes after Lewis gave up most definitely hide a scum but I think narrowing down the other votes leads to more. The votes not against Lewis came from Lewis, Bob, Diane, Moore, and Barry. Well we know that both Lewis and Barry were town so that leads the other three. Again I will keep both eyes on these people, ad there activities I find insightful. 

What Dr. James said yesterday was very odd indeed, it's even more curious that one of the ones who voted for James is now dead. Somewhat suspicious if you ask me. On the other hand surely a scum would not be so careless and revenge kill when they are already in hot water. To me it looks a little too scummy, where I'm starting to wonder if it's townie mistake. 

Curious to see what you think of all this mess. 

On 1/15/2019 at 8:08 AM, mostlytechnic said:

Well, bummer to have lost more CTU members. DARN IT!

That said, why do you assume that there are moles off of the Lewis wagon? Assuming like you did that a mole voted for him before he went crazy, then why wouldn't the rest of the moles jump on after the penalty since it was a completely safe, blameless place to vote? If I was on the scum team that's what I'd have done. 

I said that there is a great possiblity, as it seems logical that scum would want to spread out their votes like they always do. I still hold this thought to be true, which is why have kept my eye on Moore and Diane (hi babe). Truthfully neither have done anything as suspicious as your post which I put below mine. Your stance against what seems like a very logical idea as to where scum might be is why we find you the most suitable today. It really seems like in attempt to get town to ignore the outside votes. Your post afterwards did not help much. Especially the one where you said "if I were scum" which is never a useful phrase in this situation. Trust me, if you come up scum, which I hope you do. Then the first thing I will point my eye towards will be the outsider votes. Hope all goes well in during the lunch break. Good luck everyone. 

Little heads up from our investigator asking any possible vig to be careful tonight. Potentially losing three townies would royally suck.

Current vote tally
Riley Marshall (jluck) - 1 vote (legomonorailfan)
Jason White (Kintobor) - 1 vote (mostlytechnic)
Dr. James (Tariq J) - 1 vote (Kwatchi)
Zip (mostlytechnic) - 8 votes (fhomess, khscarymovie4, tariq j, Asphalt, jluck, Kintobor, Bob, zepher)

With 11 players, a majority of 6 is needed to lynch. Zip/mostlytechnic has been lynched. Get those night actions in.