Looking good :thumbup:, but I'm a fan of old school building just with hands (and bricks). "Modern" technology I use mainly to see original machinery and even in that case I prefer printed drawings...

...so I hope to see your MOC with real bricks asap...

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Looking good :thumbup:, but I'm a fan of old school building just with hands (and bricks). "Modern" technology I use mainly to see original machinery and even in that case I prefer printed drawings...

...so I hope to see your MOC with real bricks asap...

Me too, if someone decides to buy its instructions and take pics because I am not going to buy all these white pieces that it needs. I have a lot of orange, grey and red that I never use... well I have used the red ones for cars...

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

Me too, if someone decides to buy its instructions and take pics because I am not going to buy all these white pieces that it needs. I have a lot of orange, grey and red that I never use... well I have used the red ones for cars...

I have some white panels and parts, but I usually stick to "vibrant" colors when building machinery like orange in Unimog and yellow on Fastrac; telehandlers (that I plan) will be yellow and Syn-trac will be red...that is my plan... I hope to finish Fastrac untill end of January; propulsion and suspension are finished and (finally satisfying - stiff and no clicking gears etc...).

I like your solution with truck wheel to do simulate smaller rim on machinery.

And about "modern" technology - I'm trying to take care about my eyes as much as possible and last few years I have realised how traditional things can be interesting, relaxing and health caring at the same time...

Regards Jorge

Another step done, at least a robust and aesthetic cabin I like, I am with the instructions and I will put the hood at the end. I have doubts with the color, maybe the arm all in black be better.

W4lPLRD.jpg

AwayNby.jpg

BsL3qYt.jpg

Edited by jorgeopesi

On 1/11/2020 at 2:24 PM, jorgeopesi said:

Rendering with Studio, I am thinking that it is the way for me to take good photos :laugh:

Looks good, one tip I can give you to make the render look better is to use rubber black color fore tires and not just black.

4 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

Looks good, one tip I can give you to make the render look better is to use rubber black color fore tires and not just black.

Thank you I will remember it, in fact I will put that color in my MLCad.color toolbar right now.

Another beast is coming, maybe it looks better with a smaller cabin I do not know what to do yet. Now it has 974 pieces I think it will have less than 1100, like the mining truck.

VEH7swu.png

xEBFulr.png

You always surprise me with efficiency when building your mocs, but I see you steel have CAB problem :wink:

5 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

You always surprise me with efficiency when building your mocs, but I see you steel have CAB problem :wink:

My style is a little minimalistic for what Lego nowadays wants :laugh: , with this size it would have to have more than 2500 pieces... cabin problems are my signature...

6 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

My style is a little minimalistic for what Lego nowadays wants :laugh: , with this size it would have to have more than 2500 pieces... cabin problems are my signature...

To be honest, yesterday I had similar problem, but I have decided to make tilting cab (in forward direction) in order to replace batteries in battery box. Minimalistc approach is something that I try to implement (so I can make more additional mocs :laugh:)

My cabin is very easy to remove so I can change it what I want until I finally like. You can hold the machine for the cabin and only 4 axles are holding it.

8Dw2Air.jpg

Hm, somehow frames at the front and back are familiar to me :laugh:

My goal is to make Fastrac cab that is holding with 2 or 4 pin and tilting forward, I'll post images when weather will be less cloudy, my weekends will be less chaotic and when I finish at least one side including axles

(I see you have changed your avatar image; again)

Look great Jorge! Just on suggestion: I don't know if you have them, but what if you used 7x5 frames in black?

28 minutes ago, jotta93 said:

Look great Jorge! Just on suggestion: I don't know if you have them, but what if you used 7x5 frames in black?

Thanks, I will do it, I had a reason for grey ones but is better to use the black ones as you say.

If you plan to put yellow panels on top of the cab then light bluish gray frame could be ok. Impressive is to make such Moc with less than 1100 pieces :thumbup:

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

If you plan to put yellow panels on top of the cab then light bluish gray frame could be ok. Impressive is to make such Moc with less than 1100 pieces :thumbup:

Optimization is my favorite game :wink: .

@jorgeopesi The cabin has been the biggest problem? :D

Jokes aside, really nice model! I really like your solution of the cabin with steering links, this just give the perfect shape without many parts.

There are however two things I find strange: Is this 5 studs thick arm (and thus the 5x7 frame) really needed for stability? The other thing is just for the looks: There is a big hole in the backend floor next to the engine, maybe use some panels to cover this?

5 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Optimization is my favorite game :wink: .

Mine to, but very often I need even dimensions and all LEGO beams have odd dimensions :angry:

Very nice and solid wheel loader! I would cover the engine with some (opening) panels too :thumbup:

17 hours ago, Jundis said:

@jorgeopesi The cabin has been the biggest problem? :D

Jokes aside, really nice model! I really like your solution of the cabin with steering links, this just give the perfect shape without many parts.

There are however two things I find strange: Is this 5 studs thick arm (and thus the 5x7 frame) really needed for stability? The other thing is just for the looks: There is a big hole in the backend floor next to the engine, maybe use some panels to cover this?

It seems a joke but aesthetic parts are a real problem for me because they are the opposite to optimization and this answers a little everything. I used 5x7 frames because it is the best way to get a strong arm with few parts and the back part has the receibers and autovalves maybe I could cover it a little more but the back part has so many parts that I can hardly add more, I think the front part has less than 340 of the 1100 parts.

14 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Mine to, but very often I need even dimensions and all LEGO beams have odd dimensions :angry:

You are right.

11 hours ago, mpj said:

Very nice and solid wheel loader! I would cover the engine with some (opening) panels too :thumbup:

I will try but I do not promise anything :laugh: .

36 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

You are right.

Now you understand why I do not count parts in my MOCs. (Specially when I make full suspended systems tractors; OK I'm stuck on Fastrac for now but it is slowly progressing)...but I have decided to make first RC Moc without fake engine (inspired by your great front loaders and dump trucks)

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

It seems a joke but aesthetic parts are a real problem for me because they are the opposite to optimization and this answers a little everything. I used 5x7 frames because it is the best way to get a strong arm with few parts and the back part has the receibers and autovalves maybe I could cover it a little more but the back part has so many parts that I can hardly add more, I think the front part has less than 340 of the 1100 parts.

I have the same struggle, often I leave my MOCs unfinished because I don't have the motivation to do the aesthetics and details. The functions and "engineering" are far more interesting

50 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Now you understand why I do not count parts in my MOCs. (Specially when I make full suspended systems tractors; OK I'm stuck on Fastrac for now but it is slowly progressing)...but I have decided to make first RC Moc without fake engine (inspired by your great front loaders and dump trucks)

I do not know when but someday I got tired of fake engines too maybe a dark fake engine age :laugh: .

25 minutes ago, jotta93 said:

I have the same struggle, often I leave my MOCs unfinished because I don't have the motivation to do the aesthetics and details. The functions and "engineering" are far more interesting

That is why I loved Technic but nowadays there is a Model Team Creator Collectable with some functions rare thing called Technic too...