Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

Knight's Quest [Ch II Cat B]

- Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Knight's Quest! - the men announcing the event, on top of the stage. - I'm your host, Rolet de Rivel, and also welcome Syelrehe!

- Hi there! - the elf woman waved, and smiled to the crowd.

- We got a specal guest here! - Rolet continued. - The last years champion, of Knight's Quest, Lance A'lot!

- Just call me Lance. -Smiled, and waved the young knight.

- Alright Lance, lets start it. There are so many, who don't know, what is Knight's Quest. Please, tell us more what is it.

The knight coughed, to clear his throat. He was expecting, to introduce the race, but he was a bit nervous, in front of so many people, who came to see the entertainment.

- Knight's Quest, is a sports entertainment competition. The competitors attempting to complete a series of obstacle courses, similar what a really knight must face during their heroic quest.

- Sounds fun! - said Syelrehe, trying to look like, she isnt here, because she looks pretty.

46521304522_12ec10ac0e_c.jpg

- In deed Syelrehe! - noded Rolet. - but there can't be fun, without a little danger, am I right Lance?

- Yes, the obstacles are dangerous, but not deadly. If you are unlucky, you will have some bruises.

46521306922_07384ce043_c.jpg

- Don't worry folks, the previous competitor is good hands, But let see, the next one! He is climbing up the ladder, and ready to go! Lance, can you narrate us through the obstacles, as the competitor progress?

45659222575_a2d9e0d551_c.jpg

- Sure Rolet! - and both the knight and the two hosts turned around, to see the show, and narrate it. - The first obstacle is the moat. You must cross it, on the wooden logs, without falling in the water.

46521301852_c9ca47dcc6_c.jpg

- Next, you must climb up, to the tower. The wind working againts you, and you have only a hanging vine, on the walls of the tower.

45659229115_cdde563259_c.jpg

- Now, you are inside, the crumbling castle! Make hast and cross the ruined hall, befor the celling falls down!

45659227995_266e689928_c.jpg

- Watch out! in the courtyard, there are the lackeys of the Black Knight. You must avoide them!

45659226295_a65ed570da_c.jpg

- And the all time favorite, the Pendulum of Death! You must get over it, in the right mome... Ugh.. well, that wasn't the right moment...

32699778518_bb28f6886d_c.jpg

The herald of the race quickly ordered the troll, to stop the mechanism, so the cleaning brigade can clean up the bloody mess, at the end of the race.

45659224255_19e6b44e3c_c.jpg

- And thats all folks! - ended the grievous moments Rolet. - We thank again for Lance, to come up here on the stage, and tell us more about Knight's Quest! - the knight smiled and went down from the stage. Rolet continued: - and we will stay here, for the rest of the month, so if you think, you are brave enough, comeand try out Knight's Quest!

45659230145_150662da9b_c.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope most of you will enjoy it, cause I really liked to creat this gauntlet style entertainment. I was inspired, from the "First Knight" movie, where Richard Gere beats it, for a kiss. Oh, didn't I mentioned, the whole race was designed, to move. So, you don't have to imagine the crumbling halls, or crossing the moat part. Checkthis video out:

And also, some pictures too:

46521309622_3dd452cc8a_c.jpg "What dou you mean, You need to be this tall?"

46521303262_7c02146e76_c.jpg "Do you want a lick Mr. Troll?"

Edited by kahir88

:laugh: :thumbup:  Lovely little obstacle course mate, and fantastic work making it all work!  They're all great, but I think the pendulum of death is my favorite! :grin:

What a fun creation!  I love the movement in all of it.  Reminds me of those ninja warrior courses but medieval.  Great job!

This is certainly the most novel concept entered into Challenge II! I did laugh out loud when I read the story :laugh:

The build itself is really nice, I like the tower and the way you've used the barriers to separate the crowds from the contestants.

Yeah, this rules. Such a clever approach to the challenge and MOCing in general. Great work.

8 hours ago, Grover said:

What a fun creation!  I love the movement in all of it.  Reminds me of those ninja warrior courses but medieval.  Great job!

Yeah, When the Challengecame out, the Hungarian Ninja Warrior was broadcasted, and I was inspired from that too a bit. First, I wanted call this "Assasins Warrior" but I thought, calling the race Knight's Quest sound better :D

Anyway. Thanks the comments, it was a fun and challenging build, figuring ot, how to build the moving obstacles, and then hide them, under a medieval theme. :D

About the story: I wanted to make it, like the cheesiest broadcasting, like in the TV. An attention-focused host, a female host, who dosn't belong there,just to attract more viewers, and a guest star. :D

Loving it! Great build, but the real star is the presentation - pictures and writing are perfect! :thumbup:

Might steal that idea... :pir-grin:

4 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Might steal that idea...

Thanks, Go on mate, I gladly see others Ideas. :)

This is a great medieval take on those Ninja Warrior challenge courses that seem to be popping up like flies! I love all of the moving functions that you have put into the build, as that gives it something extra that a static build would not. The crowd and the minifig posing is nicely done, too. A nice entry!

Fantastic work!  The concept is one of the most original, but the moving parts for every portion of the obstacle course is Phenomenal!  The story and presentation are also very well done, and add a lot to this build.  The figs, troll, frightened competitor - Love it!

Wonderfully entertaining obstacle course :excited: Great work going the extra mile to make the obstacles actually function :thumbup:
The rolling logs and crumbling castle sections are my favorites :dsweet: