WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71023 LEGO Minifigures - The LEGO Movie 2 Series

71023 LEGO Minifigures - LEGO Movie 2 Series  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire LEGO Movie 2 Series?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for LEGO Movie 2 Series?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series

19 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

Now I built all the minifigures I wanted, I think the Giraffe Guy should have had a tail. 

Well I don't think giraffes have long tails in the first place. So I can see why he was not given a tail. 

For the Abe figure, am I the only one thinking he was going to fight the gang from Clockwork Orange. Especially when he is just holding the two sticks that he comes with (for the axe). 

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well I don't think giraffes have long tails in the first place. So I can see why he was not given a tail. 

For the Abe figure, am I the only one thinking he was going to fight the gang from Clockwork Orange. Especially when he is just holding the two sticks that he comes with (for the axe). 

Well, considering the color of the costume, that tail should have been a great piece. We have 2 tails is this series, one for the Lion, which is great, and one for Kitty Pop. A white one. I was just saying that I think it is too bad that Kitty Pop won the Tail Battle. It is white, so a plus for TLG, easy. While I am loving the great colors of the Giraffe Guy, I think about that looser tail with great colors too.

I got my sealed box today.  I haven’t open any pack yet but despite sealed in carton the inside of the box looks a bit lose.  It’s odd because previously inside looked much more organized.  Will update when I opened all packs.

I got my hands on a bunch of these today.  Pretty happy with them.

I got all 4 Wizard of Oz characters, Rex and his Raptor, Benny and his toolbox, the Giraffe, and the Crayon (and a few duplicates).

I may still get some more (and definitely a few more duplicates).

Managed to pick up Apocalypseburg Abe this past Friday when I went down to the LEGO store at Arundel Mills to get the Welcome to Apocalypseburg set (which is HUGE!).  Really love that figure, I must say.

Just got a bunch of minifigure packs and really surprised with quality! It seems this series( most of it anyway) isn't made in China, but rather European factories, and prints are superb. This just proves they could make CMF in Europe! 

Ps. new bags are made from different material, and it's way easier to feel minifigures you want.

25 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Just got a bunch of minifigure packs and really surprised with quality! It seems this series( most of it anyway) isn't made in China, but rather European factories, and prints are superb. This just proves they could make CMF in Europe! 

Ps. new bags are made from different material, and it's way easier to feel minifigures you want.

Proves that they can, not that they could. The fact that some of their European factories have recently expanded enough to satisfy the global demand for CMFs doesn't mean that they had that capacity to do so when the series was first starting out.

(also quality has improved over the years for CMFs even when they were still being produced in China and has very little to do with the country of origin but go off I guess)

Just managed to find an unopened box in Asda(Hull), took the whole of the left hand side. Ended up with 19 unique figures, just missing Scarecrow. Got two golfers! Quite pleased with that and the figures are excellent.

Finally opened up my sealed box of 60.  Got 3 sets inside.  However, it does not come with complete set in each row.  I got at least one duplicate in each row but I'm happy as long as I get 3 complete sets!  (My opening progress if you are interested)

Loving the Wizard of Oz figs so far.  The baby raptor in dark blue is great.  Walmart had a huge display with the CMF's and other sets and other lego movies in it.  Probably go back this weekend to find more.  

3 hours ago, Borex said:

Can’t seem to feel the cowardly lion :-(

I find the easiest way is to look for the 1x2 tile used for the medal. Candy Wrapper is the only other minifigure that comes with that piece. Once you find it try and feel for either the Lion's tail (its rubber so should be squishy) or Candy's tutu. Whichever you find should let you know which of the two characters it is. Hopefully that helps. :classic:

8 hours ago, Borex said:

Can’t seem to feel the cowardly lion :-( 

5 hours ago, wesker said:

I find the easiest way is to look for the 1x2 tile used for the medal. Candy Wrapper is the only other minifigure that comes with that piece. Once you find it try and feel for either the Lion's tail (its rubber so should be squishy) or Candy's tutu. Whichever you find should let you know which of the two characters it is. Hopefully that helps. :classic:

If you can't find both tail and 1x2 tile, you can also use the  Cowardly Lion headgear to double confirm. It  has 2 curved ears and open front area. 

6 hours ago, wesker said:

1 hour ago, makoy said:

If you can't find both tail and 1x2 tile, you can also use the  Cowardly Lion headgear to double confirm. It  has 2 curved ears and open front area. 

Thanks! Is the headgear made out of hard plastic or the same rubbery stuff as the tail? 

Hopefully i’ll be able to go to the toystore later on!

2 hours ago, Borex said:

Thanks! Is the headgear made out of hard plastic or the same rubbery stuff as the tail? 

It is made of hard plastic.

3 hours ago, Borex said:

1 hour ago, wesker said:

It is made of hard plastic.

Do note that there are 2 CMFs with tails - Cowardly Lion & Kitty Pop. You can instantly eliminate Kitty Pop if you found a mic, or when you feel the hair piece has pointy ears and has a sharp slope at the end.   

On 2/3/2019 at 4:53 AM, Robert8 said:

There are reports on Instagram of boxes having only 2 full series 

I also received a sealed box (was in the brown distribution box) that contained only 2 full series.

71023-1 Awesome Remix Emmet 2
71023-2 Battle-Ready Lucy 2
71023-3 Apocalypse Benny 3
71023-4 Giraffe Guy 3
71023-5 Crayon Girl 3
71023-6 Sherry Scratchen-Post & Scarfield 3
71023-7 Hula Lula 3
71023-8 Watermelon Dude 3
71023-9 Flashback Lucy 3
71023-10 Swamp Creature 3
71023-11 Candy Rapper 3
71023-12 Gone Golfin' President Business 3
71023-13 Apocalypseburg Abe 3
71023-14 Vest Friend Rex 3
71023-15 Kitty Pop 3
71023-16 Dorothy Gale & Toto 3
71023-17 Cowardly Lion 4
71023-18 Scarecrow 3
71023-19 Tin Man 4
71023-20 Unikitty 3

Few days after I opened my box, like most of you I really feel Unikitty is unnecessary and it's a more inferior version compared to other Unikitty version available.  The swamp monster/creature also a bit boring in my opinion.  I wish they gave us more interesting characters or even different version of characters with exclusive accessories.   Check you my review if you are interested.

There are about half a dozen minifigures (some barely in the movie, if at all) in this series that could have been replaced by... 

Bruce Willis

2 hours ago, BitByBrick said:

There are about half a dozen minifigures (some barely in the movie, if at all) in this series that could have been replaced by... 

Bruce Willis

I imagine negotiating for the likeness rights of him as an individual might be more complex if he were to appear in sets in addition to appearing in animated form in the movie. We've heard that Ruth Bader Ginsburg will be released in a set but from the sound of it it doesn't sound like she charged any fee for the rights to represent her likeness, something a professional actor like Bruce Willis is likely to take a little more seriously.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be a great fig (just like Shaquille O'Neal would have been for the first movie), but once you start dealing with the likenesses of real individuals instead of just licensed fictional characters, the licensing probably gets a lot more complicated.

Got my Giraffe and Watermelon today from an online seller.

Since I skipped the Unikitty series last time, I thought the packaging or overall quality of this CMF set has gone down. Like I thought the seller sent me some fake Lego.

Anyways, looking forward to get the 4 Oz minifigs. The rest I'll wait for prices to go drop.

You know what keeps spinning around in my head; why didn’t they give the Oz figs yellow baseplates? 

I accidentally cut the very bottom of Dorthy's dress with scissors when I opened the package. I shook the pack before opening but the dress was wedged in the sealed end at the top. SNIP It ended up being pretty unnoticeable but a little irritating nonetheless.

Haven't been able to find but a couple of leftovers in stores so I did what in the past turned out to be foolish and ordered... direct from Lego Shop@Home.

Something of an amazement: 24 ordered, got 1 full set and 4 duplicates. *oh2* My luck is officially over for the year.