Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[Cor-Rebuild] The Flooded District

Type: Rebuilding

Studcount: 16x32 (512)

After the Tsunami, most of the water receded. however, one district of Mesabi Landing, Uptown, was reclaimed by the water. 

32906665718_edb8e9b277_z.jpgMesabi Landing Repairs by North White, on Flickr

Mordo and Captain Angles explored the waterlogged buildings by boat, while a Marine tried to make the best of the situation. 

32906665788_c2e0c6cd08_z.jpgMesabi Landing Repairs by North White, on Flickr

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build. Again, thanks to @Elostirion for his suggestions and recommendations. The idea behind this one was inspired by the flooded district of the game dishonoured, and I hope to do more with the concept. I just ordered 100 1x2 trans blue tiles for future projects, as I barely had enough to cover this build. C&C appreciated!

Another nice build! The buildings are nicely broken and battered and the water turned out great! Having the WTC marine fishing is a great touch as is the TNT floating in the water. Overall, another nice build. But clean that boat! :laugh:

That boat still looks dirty...

Other than that - and this is for both of your current builds - you only need to add to the story. It is pretty bare bones right now.

Considering your attention to feedback and the overall quality of this build (and the impressive improvement in other builds posted is helping too!) we have decided to approve this build as is.

Great work!

A personal note: on future builds, trying to work with alternative angles of the buildings may help get a more realistic look. Lego builds naturally tend to have buildings sitting square on the baseplate, but even a single rectangular building at an angle can do a lot to liven it up. The above build, while nice, does come across as very rectangular.