800x626.jpg

Where does your character lay his/her head at night? Do you crash in a berth on your starship? Do you have a luxury apartment? Maybe your species is more aquatic like the Mon Calamari and sleeps in the water or breathes a different atmosphere mix like the Kel'Dor and sleeps in an ammonium chamber. Or maybe you're part of an organized fighting force and you sleep in the barracks. Wherever you call home, show us your digs for this contest.

The Rules:

• Portray your character or one of your supporting cast in his/her quarters/bunk.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Factions subforum, the title prefixed by, "[Factions Ep. I]"
  • All entries must be entered using this form: Link to Submittal Form
  • All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation or the rules above.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds, as long as they follow the above described goals.
  • The Episode will run from Jan 17th to Feb 25th. As long as it is still Feb 25th somewhere in the world, you can still enter. 
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points or XP.
  • Entries will be judged according to the following rules:
    • Your build can earn up to 50 points.
    • The amount of points you earn is also the amount of XP your character earns.
    • IP will can be earned from entries for this contest if the build follows the normal IP rules.
  • The faction that earns the highest cumulative XP will be the Winning Faction
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Factions, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to the start date of this episode. You can use creations for this contest in other forums or contests, but it should not have been displayed before the start date for this contest. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer.
  • Post pictures no larger than 1024x768, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited,.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

The Prizes:

• All the players on the winning faction will receive a PM with the location of the first holocron.
  • You will receive XP equal to the number of points you are awarded from the judges.
  • Your faction will receive IP if your MOC is eligible for them.

Is there a limit of "one entry per player?"  Or, could a player (of factions) submit additional builds of different living quarters for other characters in the player's fold?

9 minutes ago, Vedauwoo said:

Is there a limit of "one entry per player?"  Or, could a player (of factions) submit additional builds of different living quarters for other characters in the player's fold?

One entry per player. You can  show multiple quarters in the same build, but it'd have to be just 1 MOC.

I know we've had a few entries so far. Just a reminder that the deadline is coming up soon!

29 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I know we've had a few entries so far. Just a reminder that the deadline is coming up soon!

Thanks for kindly reminding, just finished the MOC, pending photography and edit. Trying to capture the deadline of 2/25

Be sure to get forms submitted for your Episode Entries. That's the only way to get judged and IP to your planets.

Right now we have 13 entries submitted for 

CR: Darth Bjorn, Gubi0222, Commander Beltar

BS: Nicotoa, Ross Fisher, MstrOfPppts, dvogon

CS: DarthDonuts54, MKJoshA

CFS: BlueSamuraiNinja, goatman461, puvel

STG: Vedauwoo

Edited by goatman461

Mine should be submitted now. Easy to loose track of the submitting process since there's no way of checking if a build is submitted. 

@goatman461 Maybe you should tag the other players so they don't miss it? :) Thanks for the heads up.

Just now, Darth Bjorn said:

Mine should be submitted now. Easy to loose track of the submitting process since there's no way of checking if a build is submitted. 

@goatman461 Maybe you should tag the other players so they don't miss it? :) Thanks for the heads up.

your's was already submitted, the list i put up shows the ones that already submitted their builds. Sorry, but I don't have time to track down everybody that built something, that's the factions' job. We're working on a way to tag y'all's builds as submitted/judged/etc. 

28 minutes ago, goatman461 said:

Be sure to get forms submitted for your Episode Entries. That's the only way to get judged and IP to your planets.

Right now we have 13 entries submitted for 

CR: Darth Bjorn, Gubi0222, Commander Beltar

BS: Nicotoa, Ross Fisher, MstrOfPppts, dvogon

CS: DarthDonuts54, MKJoshA

CFS: BlueSamuraiNinja, goatman461, puvel

STG: Vedauwoo

My apology, I forgot and just submitted, do know whether it's count?

Just now, JoeChu1980 said:

My apology, I forgot and just submitted, do know whether it's count?

It's okay that the forms are a little late, but please do encourage your faction members to fill them out or ask for help

17 hours ago, Nicotoa said:

I kinda feel myself out of league with my small entry.

We all have to start somewhere! Don't be afraid to join in. My first builds were small and lacking in technique. But I've been able to learn a lot over the years building in this community. 

For everyone who forgot to submit your form, as long as your build was up before the 25th you're fine. Just get your form in ASAP.

Sorry to disturb the schedule, but should it be conceivable to have some spare time to finish my first challenge.

When I say spare time, I think about one more day ->  so february the 28th ( I won't be able to have my built posted today, but it will be OK for tomorrow  - IRL was not with me today :wall: )

It would be at least a built for the Mining Guild

54 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Sorry to disturb the schedule, but should it be conceivable to have some spare time to finish my first challenge.

When I say spare time, I think about one more day ->  so february the 28th ( I won't be able to have my built posted today, but it will be OK for tomorrow  - IRL was not with me today :wall: )

It would be at least a built for the Mining Guild

Sorry Professor. The contest officially ended on Monday. We'd be happy to see it as a freebuild, it just won't count for the contest.

57 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Any ETA on an official result and what happens next? :classic:

Scoring is almost done. I think we will have results out late next week.

Scores are in, and we have a winner!

The Commenor Remnant is in 1st place with 53 points.
Black Sun is 2nd with 49 points.
Confederacy of Free Systems is in 3rd with 31 points.
CorSec is in 4th with 23 points.
Socorro Trade Guild is in 5th with 10 points.

And the Mining Guild had no entries.

All scores have been added to the top of the first post. The Remnant will receive the location of the 1st Holocron soon.