Anonknee Muss

Favourite TLM2 CMF Minifigures and Accessories Poll

Favourite TLM2 CMF Minifigures and Accessories Poll   

86 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite minifigure of the series?

• Awesome Remix Emmet
    • Battle-Ready Lucy
    • Swamp Creature
    • Crayon Girl
    • Giraffe Guy
    • Watermelon Dude
    • Sherry Scratchen-Post & Scarfield
    • Apocalypse Benny
    • Vest Friend Rex
    • Dorothy Gale & Toto
    • Cowardly Lion
    • Tin Man
    • Scarecrow
    • Gone Golfin’ President Business
    • Flashback Lucy
    • Candy Rapper
    • Kitty Pop
    • Apocalypseburg Abe
    • Unikitty
    • Hula Lula
  2. 2. Which minifigure contains your favourite accessories of the series?

• Awesome Remix Emmet
    • Battle-Ready Lucy
    • Swamp Creature
    • Crayon Girl
    • Giraffe Guy
    • Watermelon Dude
    • Sherry Scratchen-Post & Scarfield
    • Apocalypse Benny
    • Vest Friend Rex
    • Dorothy Gale & Toto
    • Cowardly Lion
    • Tin Man
    • Scarecrow
    • Gone Golfin’ President Business
    • Flashback Lucy
    • Candy Rapper
    • Kitty Pop
    • Apocalypseburg Abe
    • Unikitty
    • Hula Lula

18 minutes ago, Laura Takayama said:

I think a big part of why people are voting for the Giraffe dude is because of the new, never-before seen plant accessories.  Which I am planning on getting, but separately through either BrickLink or in the Build a Minifig things at the LEGO store I go to when stuff from this CMF series starts to show up in it...

Well in this poll you vote for one fig and one figs accessories. So the giraffe should not get a single vote based on his accessories! And I do not think he does either, personally I voted for him, because he is very well made. Most of the other are below par, if they had put him in a normal series I would probably rate several more interesting figs over him.

By the way the plant was in last years WW series with Neville :wink:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Well in this poll you vote for one fig and one figs accessories. So the giraffe should not get a single vote based on his accessories! And I do not think he does either, personally I voted for him, because he is very well made. Most of the other are below par, if they had put him in a normal series I would probably rate several more interesting figs over him.

By the way the plant was in last years WW series with Neville :wink:

Yeah, I don't see what's so great about the Giraffe guy:  Just another useless fig in a goofy animal mascot outfit that (like the two I bought in previous series solely for their accessories or because I wasn't quite as good at feeling out which fig I was getting & got by mistake) will likely end up sitting in my "sell or trade" bin, but I probably couldn't even GIVE away (like what happened when I tried to get rid of the ones in the previous parenthesis at the community minifig swap event at BrickFair VA last year....)

I mean every single one of the Apocalypseburg figs in this series are far more interesting to me, and even the "yet more pop group band members" at least have interesting head prints & hair pieces.  And since you mentioned that the plant did, in fact, come with Neville from the HP series (which tends to have more useful figs than this one anyways), that just took out the only redeeming quality of the Giraffe dude IMO, and at this point, I'd rather end up with Golfer President Business, because his golf club actually IS a new accessory, and I could probably use him in one of my relatively rare civilian builds...

5 hours ago, Laura Takayama said:

Yeah, I don't see what's so great about the Giraffe guy:  Just another useless fig in a goofy animal mascot outfit that (like the two I bought in previous series solely for their accessories or because I wasn't quite as good at feeling out which fig I was getting & got by mistake) will likely end up sitting in my "sell or trade" bin, but I probably couldn't even GIVE away (like what happened when I tried to get rid of the ones in the previous parenthesis at the community minifig swap event at BrickFair VA last year....)

I mean every single one of the Apocalypseburg figs in this series are far more interesting to me, and even the "yet more pop group band members" at least have interesting head prints & hair pieces.  And since you mentioned that the plant did, in fact, come with Neville from the HP series (which tends to have more useful figs than this one anyways), that just took out the only redeeming quality of the Giraffe dude IMO, and at this point, I'd rather end up with Golfer President Business, because his golf club actually IS a new accessory, and I could probably use him in one of my relatively rare civilian builds...

Because Giraffe Guy is unique

The pop band members are 4 in this series alone

And you also find those in City, Friends, other CMFs, promo sets, etc... 

There are other minifigures who are not pop singers but can easily pass as one, like the N-Pop girl from the Ninjago Movie CMF

On the opposite, there is only 1 Giraffe Suit Guy in 40 years of LEGO minifigures... 

So, that's why

35 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Because Giraffe Guy is unique

Yes, but Unique =/= good or useful.  The pop band minifigures while being fairly common, are still, IMO 1000X more useful because of their hair & head prints, all of which are usable in far more themes & settings than some animal mascot figure, which might be useful in a town setting if you have a sports team with that particular animal as a mascot.  The only one of these costumed characters I have ever found a use for outside of some sort of sports arena or theme park is the lizard suit guy, who makes a decent Lizardman warrior if you replace the minifig head that came with it with one of the transparent red minifig heads with the shark teeth printed on it (the ones that came in some of the Atlantis sets).

...But that's just my opinion, which might be tainted by still being rather bitter about series 18 being nothing but useless, gimmicky costume mascot characters (aside from the lone exception of the classic police officer)...

Edited by Laura Takayama

4 hours ago, Laura Takayama said:

...But that's just my opinion, which might be tainted by still being rather bitter about series 18 being nothing but useless, gimmicky costume mascot characters (aside from the lone exception of the classic police officer)...

And the 2 children...

15 hours ago, Laura Takayama said:

I think a big part of why people are voting for the Giraffe dude is because of the new, never-before seen plant accessories.  Which I am planning on getting, but separately through either BrickLink or in the Build a Minifig things at the LEGO store I go to when stuff from this CMF series starts to show up in it...

The plant was first seen in the Harry Potter series and also the poll asks your favourite minifigure and then asks your favourite accessory. The giraffe only has 2/47 votes in terms of “favourite accessory”.

Oh just realised there was another page where the question was already answered. Nice one @Roebuck.

I'm surprised Dorothy has this many votes, but I guess those are really voted for Toto.  At least in the second part...

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:39 AM, Laura Takayama said:

Yes, but Unique =/= good or useful.  The pop band minifigures while being fairly common, are still, IMO 1000X more useful because of their hair & head prints, all of which are usable in far more themes & settings than some animal mascot figure, which might be useful in a town setting if you have a sports team with that particular animal as a mascot.  The only one of these costumed characters I have ever found a use for outside of some sort of sports arena or theme park is the lizard suit guy, who makes a decent Lizardman warrior if you replace the minifig head that came with it with one of the transparent red minifig heads with the shark teeth printed on it (the ones that came in some of the Atlantis sets).

It´s a matter of taste. I love all the good costumed minifigures (Gorilla, Lizard, Shark, Chicken, Dragon, Elefant, Penguin, Bunny, Panda.... Rocket suit guy) and with good i mean cute looking instead of cheap like the cactus Girl in only one colour without any detail. They are on my wall and look adorable. That´s why i buy them. Usability is relative. If you want to make a custom figure of Snake from the MGS V: Phantom Pain-Videogame you have the perfect hat with the chicken suit guy. 

9 hours ago, x105Black said:

I'm surprised Dorothy has this many votes, but I guess those are really voted for Toto.  At least in the second part...

We got a second dirndl. The one from series 11(?) was very popular and Dorothy doesn´t have a yellow chest. She comes with a great hair piece for younger women and girls. She has dual moulded flesh arms, which is allways nice to get. You could put her in a town or a medieval Moc. i will give her short legs and an other hair piece and and use her as Rose, Sam´s Wife in tlotr. Toto is also cute. Except for the red shoes there is nothing to specific about her. She is basicly a very good normal cmf with flesh colour and also a pefect representation of the movie character. I understand the votes.

Technically every series could be a costume series if you want

just saying....

probably not the best place for this but whenever I see someone complain about series 18 I just have to point that out.

Edited by 1Panda

Another thing to keep in mind when interpreting the data is the fact that everyone who has voted is an AFOL or late TFOL. This data doesn’t necessarily represent children’s opinions.

I think the series is pretty good, I adore the Wizard of Oz figs. they totally nailed em! I wish they had been out a while back when I did my oz figbarf. I don't like the K-pop style figs but the Oz figs, Abe and Rex Dangervest make up for it. There are some quite cool accessories especially the Abe hat hair and the golf club!

A little sad that i could not vote for a runner-up. It was so hard to choose. Tin-man/giraffe are both so great. Everything about the giraffe is awesome: the colours, the headpiece, the idea of having a giraffe suit. But the tin-man with the silver on it and the axe and small heart piece and the hat! That hat! Insane!

Just got Tin Man, among a few others, and looking at a picture from the movie I see the hands on the LEGO clock differ from the movie one. I wonder if it’s a designer Easter egg or just random?