Sign in to follow this  
Giacinto Consiglio

[MOC] Modular Clock Tower Square

Hi everybody! I'm back with my ninth modular building and the second with an expanded footprint of 32x48 studs. It features three different buildings: the sand green/yellowish green on the left houses an Ice Cream Parlour on the ground floor and an apartment on the upper two. The clock tower is inspired by Prague renowned towers, and it's accessible through a spiral staircase; I also included a mechanism to turn the dials! The building on the right is a Toys Shop with a LEGO store on the first floor. Hope you appreciate it!

46719731692_7d86901076_c.jpg

39807226203_fc29acf00c_z.jpg

46772502161_20c9ec1f09_c.jpg

45857400105_e94ce4e616_c.jpg

46047368994_e7581deab2_c.jpg

45857396965_59c8bd787a_c.jpg

Edited by Giacinto Consiglio

That's awesome, especially that clock tower. Could probably do with some signage to indicate what's in the storefronts.

What's the technic connector on the back for?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Merlict said:

That's awesome, especially that clock tower. Could probably do with some signage to indicate what's in the storefronts.

What's the technic connector on the back for?

There's a teddy bear outside the toys shop and two ice creams outside the parlour, but they're hidden...The connector is to turn the clock's dials:wink:

Awesome! This is a great continuation of your recent Art Nouveau inspired MOCs. It's nice and colourful with some lovely textures created on the facade. The microscale wind turbine is a nice touch on the interior of the LEGO store. :thumbup::classic::thumbup:

O My!!! Looks amazing!!!

Love the tower-staircase!!!

Love the counter of the lego-store!!!

Thanks for this!

Greetings!

Another drop-dead gorgeous addition to your Art Nouveau streetscape @Giacinto Consiglio! I absolutely adore the pairing of Spring Green and Sand Green for the left-hand building, and the spiral staircase within the clocktower is most extraordinary! :thumbup: :sweet:

Awesome MOC, @Giacinto Consiglio! Some really bold design choices throughout. The first thing I noticed were the very surprising colours you've given to both the left and the right buildings and while it's definitely something I wouldn't have even tried, they look rather awesome! I really like the shaping of all the buildings, the left one is very cool and shows me that Lego towers can look amazing. I really like the Bartizan tower and is white accents, but I feel like it's a bit out of place in this model, especially how it abruptly ends on the ground floor. The building on the right has a very unique shape and reminds me of certain half-timered homes. It certainly has a lot of charisma! The detailing is at bit bizarre, but works for the layout even if I wouldn't have gone for it. I'm generally not a big fan of towers in modulars but yours sort of brings Big Ben to a modular house block by using sort of a neo-Gothic architecture. I really like the fact that you've put a little tunnel next to it with a passageway between buildings in the middle! :laugh: I love it! It's thing I want to put in an upcoming model of mine. Reminds me a little bit of the Ponte dei Sospiri in Venice.

It is overall very reminiscent of Assembly Square and to other MOCs that take it as inspiration (such as Old Town Pub by @lookl) but has a very unique spin to it. A great model!

Whoop! Almost forget! Your rendition of an ice cream parlour is much better than my poor attempt in "A Summer in Tuscany"

Edited by paupadros

Wow, your building skills and creativity is so impressive! 

Could you explain why you decided to make those side towers on the left building in black? I though there supposed to be windows? 

3 hours ago, adwind said:

Wow, your building skills and creativity is so impressive! 

Could you explain why you decided to make those side towers on the left building in black? I though there supposed to be windows? 

Thank you, they're actually trans black but the render made them look a bit too dark

5 minutes ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

Thank you, they're actually trans black but the render made them look a bit too dark

I got it )

Do you use Studio or maybe Mecabricks? The quality of renders is awesome and all the prints look great. 

I didn't like the color choice at first, but it's growing on me fast.  

I LOVE the vestas and death star sets in the Lego shop. Brilliant versions in tiny scale. 

Fantastic MOC Giacinto Consiglio! The color and construction choices are wonderful. I wouldn't have considered many of the combinations here but they work so beautifully. A really excellent building and top notch modular. Great work!

Gorgeous, especially the clock tower!  The other detail that really stood out for me was the design of the ice cream counter.

I swear I've seen a similar MOC like this before...

On the other hand, I absolutely love it! It's very colorful, detailed, and lively! Even though the three structures in this MOC are old, they have distinct styles that show that they were not built at the same time. This way there is a sense of growth and layers that you can find in many cities. The alleyway by the clock tower is a nice touch, maybe your next modular should be continuing that alley? There's such cool little storefronts you can squeeze in there!

1 hour ago, Lamborghini Waffle Sauce said:

I swear I've seen a similar MOC like this before...

On the other hand, I absolutely love it! It's very colorful, detailed, and lively! Even though the three structures in this MOC are old, they have distinct styles that show that they were not built at the same time. This way there is a sense of growth and layers that you can find in many cities. The alleyway by the clock tower is a nice touch, maybe your next modular should be continuing that alley? There's such cool little storefronts you can squeeze in there!

Thank you! You're probably referring to Brickative's Old Town Pub, which also features a clock tower, but buildings like these are quite common in central Europe: for example in Munich

233px-Altes_Rathaus_M%C3%BCnchen_Ostseit