Sign in to follow this  
adde51

A day at the Town hall in Mophet

After the build of the town hall was finished, it became one of the more central places in the city. Roads had been established and more and more travellers came through. Caravans of soldiers, workers and merchants frequently passed through hauling the black oil, and with it came opportunity. It was now common to see people from all walks of life passing beneath the town hall, which stood as a testament to the accomplishments of Tabib D'Odo as well as others who had helped transform Mophet into what it had now become. Trade with other parts of Historica had also begun to take off, as word spread about the city. 

46692121921_210ea57b58_c.jpg

A caravan carrying the precious black oil passes aoutside the square in front of the town hall

32893136078_e9c7e4373c_c.jpg

Merchants using ostriches, one of the most common animals in this part of Kaliphlin, carry their goods on the way to the marketplace in hopes of making a decent profit. 

46715793232_abf8c821a7_c.jpg

32893135958_9c23033bbf_c.jpg

So this is what I had envisioned the town hall would look like when the build was complete and a bit of wear and tear had begun to set in. I redid quite a bit of the walls to give them a more "aged look" and tried to give the whole thing a more finished feel. I realize the original build, showing the building process, did look a bit too simple so it was fun to show it the way looked in my head as the finished article. Thanks again for the feedback I recieved during my first stage of establishing Mophet. Cheers!

Lovely. I like all of the arches and the architecture all around. I also enjoy that you've been consistent with your previous builds of Mophet (palette, architecture in general and that red decorative line in the upper part of the towers). I'm in love with the black oil cargo! :wub::laugh:

Very cool, I like the streets and the lower rooftops that are flat with small domes! I'm not sure about the overall colors of the build though, the sand green mixes up too much with everything, in fact, maybe get rid of all the green?  Or something else, just experiment and you'll hit something!  Great work, liking the details! 

Edited by W Navarre
Spelling

Very nice build.  I really like all the arches especially the double ones and all the little details and touches on top of the walls.  I really like the aqua colored pieces on top of the two towers and the accent around the middle piece, matches nicely with the door.  The tree is a nice touch too.  All of the figs taking their goods around makes for a lively scene well done.  

Really great MOC! Love the overall architecture, the arches, the domes, and the walkways all make it obvious this is a Kaliphlin settlement. Did you have a piece of concept art to inspire it?

Great colour choices throughout, the tan, orange and dark red look great. I do agree that the sand green is the weakest choice, but I don't think it's that bad.

You've populated the scene well with great minifig action and it certainly feels like a lot of hustle and bustle going on.

Superb job! :thumbup:

I really like the way you finished this MOC off, great to see the towers completed and the ostrich caravan is one of the best additions! :grin::thumbup

This is a very much improved and vibrant town hall now. I think the sand green works as copper decorations. The bustle of the streets is really good too. I like the little rickshaw for the merchant. The way the courtyard has been finished with a fountain is nice too. Much better for bustling Mophet.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:08 PM, en_zoo said:

Lovely. I like all of the arches and the architecture all around. I also enjoy that you've been consistent with your previous builds of Mophet (palette, architecture in general and that red decorative line in the upper part of the towers). I'm in love with the black oil cargo! :wub::laugh:

Thanks! I'll try to keep the architecture somewhat consistent for my Mophet builds, glad you liked it! Haha, glad to hear you liked the oil cargo :laugh:

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:27 AM, W Navarre said:

Very cool, I like the streets and the lower rooftops that are flat with small domes! I'm not sure about the overall colors of the build though, the sand green mixes up too much with everything, in fact, maybe get rid of all the green?  Or something else, just experiment and you'll hit something!  Great work, liking the details! 

Thanks man! Went a Little back and forth with the sand green but I actually like it :wink:. Appreciate the feedback though, cheers!

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:09 AM, zoth33 said:

Very nice build.  I really like all the arches especially the double ones and all the little details and touches on top of the walls.  I really like the aqua colored pieces on top of the two towers and the accent around the middle piece, matches nicely with the door.  The tree is a nice touch too.  All of the figs taking their goods around makes for a lively scene well done.  

Thanks a lot! Had some fun trying to create a more vivid scene this time around with all the figs :classic:.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:46 AM, Basiliscus said:

Really great MOC! Love the overall architecture, the arches, the domes, and the walkways all make it obvious this is a Kaliphlin settlement. Did you have a piece of concept art to inspire it?

Great colour choices throughout, the tan, orange and dark red look great. I do agree that the sand green is the weakest choice, but I don't think it's that bad.

You've populated the scene well with great minifig action and it certainly feels like a lot of hustle and bustle going on.

Superb job! :thumbup:

Cheers man! No concept art for inspiration, though I have of course been looking at other Kali-builds for inspiration (especially Gideon's, haha!).

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, Kai NRG said:

I really like the way you finished this MOC off, great to see the towers completed and the ostrich caravan is one of the best additions! :grin::thumbup

Thanks man, appreciate it! Glad you liked the ostriches as well :laugh:

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:46 PM, mccoyed said:

Excellent details and palette. I love a good ostrich caravan too.

Thank you man! The ostriches seem to be a hit, haha!

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:15 PM, Muakhah said:

This is a very much improved and vibrant town hall now. I think the sand green works as copper decorations. The bustle of the streets is really good too. I like the little rickshaw for the merchant. The way the courtyard has been finished with a fountain is nice too. Much better for bustling Mophet.

Thanks! Glad I could finish it off the way I wanted it to look all along. Glad you liked the fountain as well!

This looks very nice fully completed like it is! The details are all there that were missing before, especially the excellent traffic on the busy street. I am not sold by the central tower's top, however; it seems too spindly and out of scale to the rest of the building. Something a bit more robust would have improved the overall feel of the building, I think, either another dome, a flat-topped tower with a place to stand, or something like that. 

Nice to see that you completed the moc and put so much effort into making in a busy street! Great work!!

The finished build turned out very well! A fitting place to govern the fast growing city from :thumbup:

Great to see the town hall finished :thumbup: The various modes of transport traversing the busy streets all look very cool and fit well in Kaliphlin.

I have no idea how I missed this the first time around, but what a spectacular build!  The color choices are outstanding--the golds, sand greens, tan, white, dark red... it all works well to give a great feel of a thriving administrative building.  I like seeing it being built and then finished with business going on.  The ostriches in the street are both hilarious and great.  The traffic in the street is wonderful, and I really like the fountain being the centerpiece of the building, as it probably would be in a water-poor area.  Great job!