Scene

[MOC] Snubfighter SF-1

I've recently finished a new starfighter design which was partly inspired by something @Digger of Bricks had mentioned regarding my original Modular Starfighter design, and the curved canopy (amongst other things). I too prefered my original concept with the canopy, but felt it needed more functionality, so I changed it for the retro design. But a part of me still wanted to use that canopy. So...

After mulling some ideas around in my head, I came up with something that incorporated the canopy into a functioning piece and then built a ship around that, resulting in the following design:

snubfighter_01

Since then I have made some further design changes to the nose and have also come up with an additional alternative wing design:

Snubfighter 06

The design is up on both LEGO Ideas and Rebrickable, allbeit the rebrickable one has slightly different colouring due to part availability. I haven't included the alternate wing design yet.

Edited by Scene

SWOOOOOSHY!!! :thumbup: :grin:

I mean, dang, the tri-colored striping going along the length of this fighter really puts it into motion! :smug:

52 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

SWOOOOOSHY!!! :thumbup: :grin:

I mean, dang, the tri-colored striping going along the length of this fighter really puts it into motion! :smug:

Seriously! Built-in speed lines! :oh:

3 minutes ago, danth said:

Seriously! Built-in speed lines! :oh:

It's a known fact that go faster stripes add 200mph per stripe :wink:

Edited by Scene

I prefer the alternate wing design (with them angled forward), but also like the classic wing with fins. They are both great! But the standout is definitely the stripes and the sleekness of the ship/cockpit area.