Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

They are hungry like wolf! [Ch II Cat A]

Northgrove is a small hamlet, near the north border of the region. The last destination for Conrad, to visits the hamlets storehouse. The Queen's lieutenant came to the mercenary leader, and took half of the winters stock, without permission. Altho, he left some hefty sacks of gold, as payment. "-And with what should i fed my soldiers? With coins" - Conrad's commentary still haunts his mind. The lieutenant didn't looked back with his answer: "- This is not my problem, you got plenty of storehouses across Deepgarden, solve it!" He still grumbled, while got of the cart,with the workers:

- Moron, he thinks, i got time for this...

45850519805_c57c09af06_c.jpg

Meanwhile, in the storehouse, the keeper just finished the charts. He heard a cart stoping nerby, then knocking on the window. He opened it, a man stood befor him, black hair and beard, wearing armor, with a wolf insignia. He never met with the defender of this region, but he had a guess who stands befor him.

45850517555_6a3af3411f_c.jpg

- Greetings good man, I would like to see the stocks in this storehouse.

- Sure,amoment please. - answered the keeper, and picked up the keys, and went to the door.

Conrad came in, signaling to the workers, to wait outside. The keeper ran back to his desk, took the charts and gave it to Conrad.

31823977047_f425abd66d_c.jpg

- Is there a problem my Lord? - asked the keeper humbly.

- Yes, there is... But a little reorganization could solve it. - and with that, he gave back the paper, and turned to the workers: - Alright boys, load the cart, with the followings...

31823989647_ae5a7102cb_c.jpg

31823996617_3de182f142_c.jpg

Spoiler

Also, I would like to use this building in the HSS, in the SERVICES sub category:

32889976678_9cc5bf9531_c.jpg32889971428_b228f8ee4a_c.jpg

Edited by kahir88

Nice build!  I like the practical use of the interior space, and especially the rafter beams.  The roof is creative as well and looks good.  I like the barrels stacked, too.  Why do they have a tan lid?  Is that supposed to signify something?  I like the working doors and the service window, too.  Nice work!

9 hours ago, Grover said:

Why do they have a tan lid?  Is that supposed to signify something?

The simply answer: I dont have brown round tiles :D and I didn't wanted to put round plates with studs.

The really, I can say, "lorefriendly" answer: The barrels were opened long ago, by smashing the old lids. Then, they cleaned the barrels, filled them, and put newly crafted lids, and they are not yet darkened yet.

Edited by kahir88

Conrad might be sly, but he is not nice! I like what you have done with the texture on the roof, though I do wish that the eaves were a bit cleaner-looking. There is a lot of nice functionality here, with doors and windows that open, as well as easy-access to the back, making this a nicely play-able build. Besides the eaves, I think a better way of joining the two sections of roofs (one that does not leave an awkward gap) would improve the build. 

I hope Conrad puts those supplies to good use!

Nice build - I like the tiling in front, and the support sticking out under the roof.  Good story as well!

On 2/5/2019 at 4:43 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Besides the eaves, I think a better way of joining the two sections of roofs (one that does not leave an awkward gap) would improve the build.  

Yes, I saw the huge gap too, the sad part, I wasn't able, to come up with a solution to hide it. Now I know, if I built that roof part, from the other roof, I could be able, to hide the gap, but I built it separately, and just put on top of the building.

But anyway, thanks to the criticism, I will learn from my mistakes, and I will be able to improve my builds.

Nicely done, kahir!  The storehouse and desk are very neat, and I'm liking that cat going after the bird on the rafter :laugh:  Kudos on making the doors all actually functional too, and you've got quite a cool mercenary captain there! :pir-classic:

Excellent stone building. The various offsets and arched portions give a very solid look :thumbup:
Good use of the round tile cobblestone technique, and your mix of colors there works well.
Plenty of goods and activity in the scene too!