I'm very happy, to present you today something, which I worked in the last 12 month on! The project is probably one of my craziest MOCs!

39650658743_147d21eb3a_z.jpg

45701215365_c28d413c0a_z.jpg

At first I suggest you to watch this video, if you understand German. It was made on Zusammengebaut 2018. In the interview I tell the story of the creation. If you don't understand German, then please, read further below the video!

The idea came into my mind at first in approx 2012. That was the first time, when I swam alone in deep water, in Lake Balaton. And during swimming I saw these ships, and I saw, what people usually are doing on the deck. They are sunbathing, while they hold a smartphone in one hand and something alcoholic in the other one! :D I thought, that it would be cool to copy the scene!

The second thing, which influenced me, was our summer holiday in Venice, in 2017. That was the first time, when I swam in the see. And the present from the see was a jellyfish-bite... Well, under the water surface would be three jellyfishes a little bit too few, so I decided, that I make fishes, scuba divers, and a whole coral reef!

45701216595_77091d9b0f_z.jpg

32741539208_206f3e59da_z.jpg

45701215995_8bf176d217_z.jpg

You can see some crazy plants among the corals: broomplant, flipperplant, hairbrushplant, skeletonarmplant, etc. Some of you know, that in the last 1.5 years I had a store on Bricklink. So I saw usually all of the new elements, and colours. Sometimes I thought, that a part would be cool for corals, so I didn't sell it :) 

A lot of things, which I did or do in my life, helped to create this MOC!

46615632281_c887cd3a1f_z.jpg

45701214505_5894581467_z.jpg

We can see sometimes on exhibitions things, which imitate flying. The solution is usually something trans-clear (Lego bricks, glasses), but I wanted nothing between water and corals. So the only one way was me to hang the whole construction from the ceiling by string, which is used by anglers, so almost invisible!

46615630491_2c08681251_z.jpg

32741539848_012efb7097_z.jpg

Finally the experience: the visitors often push the tables. If the ship sits on glasses, the first push means a disaster. But with this method the ship is independent from the table, so I was completely calm during the two days.

That's the story of my newest creation, hope you like it! :)

Thanks for visiting!

Edited by Gabor

First I was wondering why the boat was flying...., then I realised the awesomness in how its displayed and I really love it!! :wub_drool: Very well executed!! Love the boat/build as well, well done!

Incredible! Love your parts usage in the reef, especially the cheerleader parts, the jellyfish and the flippers. :sweet:

The yacht looks a big grim in stormy gray, without the sunbathers it could pass for a warship!

But that reef and display mechanism, pure genius. 

That is a lot of Nice Part Use there. Really liking some of those techniques and colours.

Thanks for sharing it with us :sweet:

Really good! The way you've displayed it, makes it seem almost like it's coming from an art expo! Detail-wise, it's awesome and I particularly like that the coral reef base's irregular. :wub:

What a great build!! The coral reef looks perfect with the variety of colours and textures you've used (great parts usage!!) The way you've made the yacht "float" is very effective too, as is the design of the yacht itself (although I think it'd look better in white but that's just me nitpicking!!)

Excellent work and thanks for sharing!!

Nice!  The coral reef is awesome, with a great selection of plants!

Thanks guys! It's great to read these nice wirds aboit my MOC! :classic:

@Merlict, greg3: The colour of the ship is a message, I have made it on purpose. Most of them are white, so if someone has a dark grey one, the other ship owners know immediately, that this guy has a lot of money! :classic:

This is a stunning display well executed ship alone with the water...  But suspend it over a reef!  Well done on the reef as well a lot of good parts usage there! Great job. 

This is absolutely amazing :wub:. Not only the display, but the scene itself as well. I like the coral reef a lot. And that yacht looks really great. Although I think it would look a little better in white with perhaps some colour accents. But then again, I don't understand the tastes of those rich people that can afford those yachts...:tongue:

The incredible parts variety in the coral is something to be celebrated all on its own...but the display method really makes the whole creation look amazing. The lack of trans-clear supports doesn't seem like a big difference until you see it without them. Very cool, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

This display is absolutely incredible! The coral is really beautiful to look at, and I love the multiple tiers and layers too. Keep up the fantastic work!