kahir88

Wolfs in the Sand (Part I.)

I did not lost! Just had a really s#@& years end in my workplace,and also tried to build a couple of entries to the CCC, (if any of you interested)

I returned, and I will continue Conrad's strory,but first, the Bread and Circuses Challenge! To understand my C category entry, we must look back to that point, when Conrad ordered three of his most trusty generals, in secret missions. (here is the recap: Scarlet's Scarlet Brothel)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the story of Zan the Black Arrow.

Zan was tasked to travell south, to the sandy land of Kaliphlin, with a small company of mercenaries. They traveled in secret across Avalonia. When they crossed the border, they were advised by a merchant, to buy a camel, it will help their journey.

45837935345_1f0fa6155b_c.jpg

- Stuborn animal... Come on! - one of the soldier beging for the camel, while trying to force his will on the animal.

- I told you, camelss are different from horses. - the other mercenary tired to caml the other down. - Can you remember the command word?

- "Can you remember the command word?" - the mercenary stopped pulling the camels chains and started mimicing the other. - Wanna try it smartass?

If Zan didn't arrive, the two soldier surely kill each other.

- What are you arguing again morons? We must reach Barqa, as the boss tasked us, and you two thought it woud be a good time, to show which one has a bigger mouth? - he went to the camel, picked up the chains and pulled it. - Hut hut hut! - said the words, and repeated the pulling, and repeated the words again.

The camel started to move again, the two soldiers was speechless. Zan gave the end of the chain to one of them, and continued the journey. He looked back:

- When this is over, I will advise Conrad, to teach all of you some command words...

Spoiler

46700420592_b6d8135a11_c.jpg45837938715_eec9785304_c.jpg

Edited by kahir88

Really fantastic brick-built camel and the minifig posing (especially the soldier pulling the chain) is very natural looking.

The desert scene is quite simple but works well here, I like the layering of tan and dark tan plates. I'm not too sure about the black base, it's a bit distracting for me.

Great job!

Great build, iffy base, but it's "wolves"!

That camel is super impressive.

Nice brick built camel.  I agree that the base is a little off.  I think a bigger base of tan and brown plates would be better.  Figs are nice though.  

I really like this build.  The brick built camel works well, I think, and the layered dark and light tan wedge plates looks great.  The tree with the small rock stand out on a small vignette like this and look good.  As others have said, the black base has a lot of contrast, and I think you could probably get away without it, but it doesn't really detract from the build, so it doesn't really bug me much.  Very nice job!

Haven't seen many custom made camels, and yours works very nicely! Especially considering how pose-able it is :thumbup:
Nice little desert base to go with it :classic:

I like that camel a lot, and the fig posing is great, too. The base could be improved by removing the single 1x1 pyramid from the middle front, since that spoils the clean look that the black base gives to the irregular-based build.