KotZ

24: Mafia - Hour 3: 1pm to 2pm

38 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

I was torn on how to vote until I read this. Your second paragraph there is blatantly a lie, so I'm going to 

Vote: Dr James (tariq)

I never once said that all the scum MUST be on the bandwagon. Never. In fact, I did the opposite of what you're accusing me of. People were saying that there MUST be scum NOT on the bandwagon. I argued that was a foolish assumption and that we can't ignore that all the scum COULD BE on the wagon. Never did I say that they were or that I was certain or any such thing. You're putting words in my mouth and flat lying. And then trying to say you're on the border of voting for me because of it. 

Really?

On 1/15/2019 at 2:07 PM, mostlytechnic said:

Why? Why do people keep saying this? Why wouldn't the moles pile on the sure thing, where they'd get zero criticism when Lewis flipped town? 

Let's look at the numbers. Here's the vote tally:

I marked our two dead CTU members in green so we can easily ignore them for now. If we look at the rest, there's 3 votes on other people, and 9 total votes on Lewis. Just by the odds, the moles are probably all on Lewis. The only reason I see to think there's a mole in that group of 3 (bob, Moore, and Diane) is that all 3 votes were placed BEFORE the suicide edit. Given that, if one of those 3 was scum, they'd probably just leave their vote. But if the scum were waiting a little to vote, or one or more of them was already voting for Lewis, it'd be easiest for the rest to jump on the wagon. 

On 1/15/2019 at 2:10 PM, mostlytechnic said:

Yes, they do, UNLESS the wagon is big enough to hide in so easily and so safely. I'm not ignoring the possibility that one of the 3 off-wagon votes is a mole. I am in fact trying to INCREASE discussion - since there were multiple people saying "there MUST be a mole off the wagon!!%#$!" and that's simply not true. Odds are, that all the moles are on the wagon. 

This I agree with - the last hour sucked and turned into a near waste of a day (and 2 CTU lives). 

Admittedly yes, maybe you never out right said “there have to moles on the bandwagon” but you kept on heavily implying that that was the case here. Like I said earlier, I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying here, it’s jsut the assertion with which you’re saying it makes you sound like you no it’s correct.

19 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Vote for me in another voting system for an even better future! I'm still offering you the.V.P position. 

As a lowly janitor I don’t think I’m quite qualified for that position. 

However you and others are right. We are splitting the vote a little bit, which is troubling. Are the scum trying to split it up between people? Is Benson some sort of good power role on the scum team? Maybe he’s not scum at all and he’s just really really scummy looking. I don’t think the scum team would try to split a vote so blatantly when we could always get rid of Benson another day if not today and find out he’s scum. 

There’s still some people that haven’t voted yet. Or that have voted but then unvoted. There’s only so much time you can spend gathering your thoughts before it turns suspicious looking. We can’t go for not lynching sometime today. At least go for one vote. Preferably the one on Benson. The day is almost over now. Coalesce around one lynch and let’s see what happens tomorrow. 

I said I'd be willing to change my vote to get a conviction, and I stand by that, but time is running out, and I think changing my vote would do little to help since I ended up on someone with a decent number of votes. Changing my vote from Benson would drop Zip from 4 and push Benson to 5... I really still most suspect Moore and Zip. But the PMs Lewis had yesterday really do make Benson seem weird - I'm surprised the case against Benson hasn't cited those more... is it worthwhile to change my vote?

At the current moment it seems the Moore Lynch won't happen. I suppose some of that had to do with his last post, which to me does not change my view on him too much. Though I am inclinedlined to discuss the issue he brought up in the postal mail. If it makes anyone feel any better I don't get too many pm that often either. So far nothing has sparked my suspicions about the Benson lynch, and even though that is close to a real lynch I can't vote foot it. I am inclined nto vote for Xip who I have stated some reasons before on this hour. 

Unvote: Agent Moore (Kwatchi) 

Vote: Zip (mostlytechnic)

18 hours ago, fhomess said:

Unvote: Agent Moore (Kwatchi) - I don't feel good about this vote.

I will vote again later.

Why in particular honey? You had good reasons for placing the vote, and I know Moore gave along rant right above. But I would like too know what in particular about his actions made you unvote?  

How much time do we have left to work this out?  A no lynch day is not what we want for day three. 

Current Vote Count
Benson (Legomonorailfan) - 4 votes (Bob, Asphalt, Kintobor, Tariq J)
Agent Moore (Kwatchi) - 1 vote (jluck)
Zip (Mostlytechnic) - 4 votes (legomonorailfan, Zepher, fhomess, Khscarymovie4)
Dr. James (Tariq J) - 2 votes (Kwatchi, mostlytechnic)

With 12 players, a majority of 7 is needed to lynch. There are 3 hours left in the day.

10 hours ago, fhomess said:

Despite some scummy behavior, this is the reason I'm not voting for Benson.  I don't think this is the type of statement a mole would make.  I don't actually agree with it logic here, but why bother stating this so matter of factly if he could have just let Officer Lewis get lynched?

I always thought of summer as a happy season!

I think it's unlikely that Benson and Zip are both scum.  Since Benson and Alfred voted for Zip, there are now three people who've commented on Zip and then voted in other directions.  Those are Larry, Curly, and Moe... or as we know them, Larry, Kaster, and Dr. James.

Vote: Zip (Mostlytechnic)

I haven't voted yet; but you list me as someone who commented on Zip but voted in another direction.

4 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

I believe Zip and I are tied. 

A very odd thing to say.

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

Current Vote Count
Benson (Legomonorailfan) - 4 votes (Bob, Asphalt, Kintobor, Tariq J)

With 12 players, a majority of 7 is needed to lynch. There are 3 hours left in the day.

As we need a lynch for today I will for who I suspect the most; Benson.  I do find Zip's behavior very odd for his normal working behavior; it still stands out as too obvious for scum.  Or I could be wrong.  Benson really has stood out more and his most recent post advertising that he and Zip are tied, like in some sort of contest, is truly odd.

Vote:  Benson (Legomonorailfan)

Just two more votes for a solid lynch on Benson; then we can deal with Zip tomorrow.

Current Vote Count
Benson (Legomonorailfan) - 5 votes (Bob, Asphalt, Kintobor, Tariq J, Lady K)

With 12 players, a majority of 7 is needed to lynch. The day has ended with a no lynch. Get those night actions in.