Sign in to follow this  
XGBC

Phantograp

Has anyone got ideas on how to make a nice siccors pantograph like the ones seen on older elecric locomotives

my problem is that it has to fit on a 4x6 plate and it should be in black

XGBC

Thank you i just need to make your design smaller i want to use it for a narrow gauge electric locomotive

@XGBC Sounds promising, do keep us updated on the progress!

Speaking about electric narrow gauge... Did you have a look at Beck's entry for OcTRAINber? 

Or Aishi Valkoinen's narrow gauge Stadler GTW, even though that one does have the more recent diamond pantographs;

I do know there was also a german builder who once build an amazing narrow gauge electric, but unfortunately I forgot his name and the name of the creation he build... He even made totally tailor-made tracks etc...

/edit: It was the user Space2310. He build an Enoden 1000. Unfortunately he has deleted his flickr account and his picutres. A shame, because he had some great techniques and ideas! Best I could find is this old Pinterest link...

Edited by raised

thanks for the suggestions i will definitely keep you informed about the process

I have not so good news: Best looking and most realistic for a current pickup is a pair of "Belville ice skates" 42013 (*). I saw just on bricklink that they are nearly sold out. Since the belville series is stopped since 10 years there is little hope of a large resupply. We have to look for an alternative or somebody with 3D printer skills. The original LEGO pickup 37494 or the old version  2922 have only 4 studs width and are to short for realistic designs.

*Remark: The original usage for 42013 was really weird: Little bunnys on skates, really!

i just need a four wide power pickup because my pantograph is about 2.7 bricks wide and im building a mining locomotive so it doesnt need to be that big. thanks for your suggestions anyway

i have built the pantograph like beck but with a bit bigger contact wich consists of two rods instead of one