Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

Kashgar Theater [Ch II Cat B]

Although the Khaor family thinks that anything cultural is a waste of precious time, they can't let the golden city of Kashgar live without the grandeur of a theater. Every seventh day of the week a small group of actors perform a comedy play. In this case a Kaliphlin soldier who has to fight an evil witch.

46684714272_7713bf3414.jpg

This way, the Khaor can contol the entertainment in the city. Circus and other artists have to audience before Throll first before allowed in the city.

46684713992_b642c96044.jpg

*HSS - Entertainment
The open air theater is also suited for my MOC of Kashgar

46684713712_bc2090baf3.jpg

Nice idea, and well built! I like the tree, the candles, and the way the snake head is on one end and the tail on the other! 

This is very cool and another nice addition to the stuff you've been doing. Bringing a whole city or town to life with all these builds that show off different buildings and institutions is a great idea and it's awesome to see you throwing yourself into this, since it'll set the pace for Varlyrio builders who come after.

Very nice entry. I like the little castle and props on stage in the performance.

So the Khaor family control the theatre? Does this mean that performances in bars and cafes are banned too? This could be the kind of thing where people grow to resent restrictions on their entertainment... 

I also really like the steps so the whole theatre is raised slightly.

Another interesting bit in the story is that a family that thinks entertainment is a waste of time is in control of the entertainment in the city... 

Really great MOC! Love the brick built clouds and sky! The concept itself is a great idea and something I had been looking into myself.

The benches and surrounding stone statues and tree are really well built and make the scene seem larger than it really is.

Probably your best MOC yet! :thumbup:

Always a pleasure to see your city expanding :classic: Say, where is Kashgar located exactly?

Thanks for all the positive reactions. I really enjoy building this Moc and trying to incorporate the challenges within it.

9 hours ago, en_zoo said:

where is Kashgar located exactly?

Kashgar is the most northern larger red dot on the eastcoast of the map. 

43784529021_ac3ca3fcb5.jpg

31 minutes ago, narbilu said:

Thanks for all the positive reactions. I really enjoy building this Moc and trying to incorporate the challenges within it.

Kashgar is the most northern larger red dot on the eastcoast of the map. 

43784529021_ac3ca3fcb5.jpg

We really need a more detailed map of Varlyrio showing this stuff on it!

Love all the little details with the canopy, the snake head, all the painted skies with the clouds, etc. as the background!  The candles, tree, and stone benches make a believable but clean scene.  Nice work!

Fun little scene with nice details. Really liking the curtains, nice job!

This is a nice little theatre, with all the details that one would expect to see: curtain, stage, stands, scenery, actors. The microscale castle elements work well here as the backdrop, and the grey columns add a sense of dignity to the whole thing. Too bad they don't value the arts more, though; a bigger theatre would allow them to present better and more elaborate plays that allow more citizens to be indoctrinated into the worldview that they want to encourage; the arts are the most potent forms of thought control and mass-education...

Excellent work!  I love how the steps rise up to the theatre, I really like how you used the red and white (the alternating cheese slopes on the top and the round studs on the bottom) as well as how everything worked with the stone benches and wood benches and the tree.  Great job!

Very comfortable looking open air theater. The bench arrangement is nicely framed by the stone pillars :thumbup:
Good choice to include a tree for a bit more color in the scene :classic: