Sign in to follow this  
PBRStreetgang

Hello, My name is Christian

Hello to all the Lego Community.

My name is Christian, from Sydney Australia.

I am a 49 year old NSW Paramedic, which is a relatively new career as I was a soldier for 29 years (yes its as long as it sounds).

I have a mancave,......my first Hobby is Diecast Aircraft and some armour (over a 1000 pieces).

Years ago, when I was a kid I collected Space Lego. I cannot even remember where it all ended up, which is a bugga because clearly I should have kept it.

But couple of years ago, I caught the Lego bug again. It started off with Apollo 11 and then the ginormous Millennium Falcon,...which I loved building (all 7000 odd pieces of it). These days, I collect the old Space Lego (started with Galaxy Explorer), Ninjago and Creator. I am finding myself getting into building the cities from Creator and Ninjago world. Currently finishing up with Ninjago Docks, where I just cannot wait to join it with Ninjago City. Next will be Creator 'Assembly Square'.

I really like the big sets,...preferably over 3000 pieces and I am really looking forward to the next Ninjago set to join Docks and City.

Fantastic forum,.....and I am just stunned and envious of the "MOC" (did I get that right?) sets. Maybe one day I can give that a go. I had forgotten just how clever Lego is.

Stay well all. 

Welcome Christian, I feel your pain on losing those old Space sets.

Yes, you did say "MOC" correctly which means My Own Creation.

You've joined at a fortuitous time because Classic Space is actually seeing some love this year.

First, there's Benny's Space Squad from the Lego Movie 2, and rumours that we'll see some spaceships in the summer.

There's also heavy rumour that the City theme will see a Space sub-theme that will cover more realistic modern space themes, as well as the Shuttle Transport that was recently unveiled.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:19 PM, leafan said:

Welcome Christian, I feel your pain on losing those old Space sets.

Yes, you did say "MOC" correctly which means My Own Creation.

You've joined at a fortuitous time because Classic Space is actually seeing some love this year.

First, there's Benny's Space Squad from the Lego Movie 2, and rumours that we'll see some spaceships in the summer.

There's also heavy rumour that the City theme will see a Space sub-theme that will cover more realistic modern space themes, as well as the Shuttle Transport that was recently unveiled.

Thank You Leafan,...and to Reaper, Technics and Dr Spock for the welcome.

That's great news on the spaceships. No doubt I have an interest in those.

I kick myself regarding the old space sets. I'll continue grab some more of the old moonbase sets as I can. Trying to find them in great nick, at a reasonable price is challenging, but like most collectable hobbies, its the hunt that is fun.

Cheers Lads.