Ayrlego

For the Glory of Corrington! An Enduring Free Build Challenge

Bastion of the East - Task 3: Grenadier Barracks

52435493047_71d4383c60_q.jpg

Front Page updated.

Congratulations to the following:

@Legonaut  and @Bregir for both completing Task 1 - Redcoats Rule and being awarded the title "Patron of the Army"

@evancelt for completing Task 2 - The Oaken Shield and being awarded "Master Naval Shipwright"

As evancelt has completed three tasks in their entirety (the first person to have done so), he is awarded a knighthood in the Order of Corrington. Arise Sir Jonathan Brickleton.

Bastion of the East - Task 2: Corner Townhouse

52532749621_96e0cd9f0c_m.jpg

Edit: On re-reading the task I see that I actually need to build a sugar plantation for task 2 - woops! I will discount this one and build a sugar plantation!

Front page updated.

I also have the somewhat dubious honour of awarding myself the title of 'Friend of the Myzec' for completing Task 10. Which also means I have now completed three whole tasks and have been awarded a second knight-ship, this time joining @evancelt as a Knight in the Order of Corrington (OC). Inching closer to joining @Mesabi in the ranks of the nobility!!!

Also the Queenston temporary task has been extended until 1 Jul 23

On 1/13/2019 at 9:11 PM, Ayrlego said:

1. Build a scene showing some aspect of education for children of the colonies. The build must be licensable as an educational property under the EGS rules.

I've build a digital version of this task, a primary school. But I'm new here (haven't post a MOC, besides my sigfig-post), so I'm not sure if I'm able to post this one. I'm not fully understand the EGS rules yet... Are there any restrictions for me to finish this task (in relation to the EGS system)?

Size: 82 x 66 studs.

Edited by Bricksbypidy

It's clearly large enough, you have now joined the faction, and it seems to meet the subject matter. So I do not see why it wouldn't qualify :pir-classic:

You would need to figure out where to place it. There is a wealth of options, but can you perhaps describe whether it is frontier like or more established colony in style? And where do you want to start your journey? Builds are generally more fun and interesting when they play into your/our larger story.

Perhaps start in Arlinsport on Tiberia, our very first and most Western colony?

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

It's clearly large enough, you have now joined the faction, and it seems to meet the subject matter. So I do not see why it wouldn't qualify :pir-classic:

You would need to figure out where to place it. There is a wealth of options, but can you perhaps describe whether it is frontier like or more established colony in style? And where do you want to start your journey? Builds are generally more fun and interesting when they play into your/our larger story.

Perhaps start in Arlinsport on Tiberia, our very first and most Western colony?

I think its more frontier style, but I havent figured out what kind of architecture fits to the different regions in the world. 

The architecture of the school is yellow and white walls, terracotta roof and also some wood elements. Look and feel is based on a earlier design from @Ayrlego (the barracks). [EDIT:] It's placed in Queenston, Arlintina.

How can I see if there's space somewhere? Placing a (free build) MOC is free? 

And last question... If I place the MOC, should I make a new topic for it? Or just post in is this topic? (Or both - and link it...)?

Edited by Bricksbypidy

1 hour ago, Bricksbypidy said:

I havent figured out what kind of architecture fits to the different regions in the world. 

Have a look at the relevant settlement thread and see if they have an architecture guide, or see what other people have built there. 

How can I see if there's space somewhere?

There's always space for more, but some places need it more than others. 

Placing a (free build) MOC is free?

Your first one is free. Everything else costs a small amount of money. You don't have to engage with the economic game system (EGS) if you don't want to. Your nation will probably help you get money to license builds, or will license them for you if you want. It can be a bit of effort to go through all this, but your teammates will appreciate it.

If I place the MOC, should I make a new topic for it?

Yep, start a new thread. People will have lots of positive feedback for you. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

4 hours ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Placing a (free build) MOC is free?  

It is always free to place a moc. But if you want to active in the EGS (economic game system) it has a licensing cost.

You have, as a new player, one free small property license and one free license for a class 1 or 2 vessel.

Since this is probably a medium or large property by your description, the faction may be willing to buy it off you for licensing.

As for the style, sounds to me like you may want to look at Jameston, for location.

On 1/11/2023 at 10:43 PM, Bricksbypidy said:

Is it allowed to completed two tasks with one single build?

Hi and welcome to Corrington! Unfortunately no, each task must have it's own individual build.

On 1/13/2023 at 4:40 AM, Ayrlego said:

Hi and welcome to Corrington! Unfortunately no, each task must have it's own individual build.

Thanks @Ayrlego, I will edit my post to just task 14 - 1. I've heard it makes me a lot of money.

14. Bastion of the East - Task 2 - Royal Sugar Cane Plantation Queenston

Will be licensed to the Crown by @Ayrlego. Getting 2x the licensing fee of the purchase of this build does not apply (because the Royal size). @Ayrlego will pay me 'some' DBs to license this build to the Crown. :pir-huzzah2:

52647081704_1db1f28ec0_w.jpg

Edited by Bricksbypidy