Ayrlego

For the Glory of Corrington! An Enduring Free Build Challenge

I didn't really expect it, but this whole thing has really rekindled by building spirits - and those of purchasing Lego as well! Not only did I finally start assembling Ninjago City Docks, but also got me the Dragon Boat Race today. :innocent:

What does any of this have to do with GoC you ask? Well there is this Lotii task, and I want to do some builds that fit both BotBS as well as the Ninjago City look. I want them to permanently stand next to the Docks once all of them are done. And the Docks should be a nice background for some BotBS shots too.

So yeah, while I will of course not use bought builds as entries for anything in BotBS that is to be licensed, I will make heavy use of these sets and some others from the Ninjago line. Really looking forward to what it ends up to be - as usual I have more ideas than is good for me. :pir-grin:

On 9/10/2019 at 9:56 PM, Darnok said:

as usual I have more ideas than is good for me.

Don't confuse yourself with your wallet:P

I'm in the same boat though.

1 hour ago, Wellesley said:

Don't confuse yourself with your wallet

This is funny, sad and true, all at the same time. Hats off to you, sir. :pir-grin:

Here is a little preview of the upcoming Gunboat for the Oaken Shield task:

48790409022_ba97292f9c_n.jpg48790408692_fd5290c307_m.jpg48790409342_307299cd27_n.jpg48790408167_07eabd9756_n.jpg

I will add a spanker and maybe a gaff topsail. The gun is a prototype, I will try to build a turnable sledge.

Hey,

I've taken some photos of this fortification for the "Redcoats Rule!" task.

48798326356_ce498b6883_n.jpg

It is supposed to be more like a camp or base than an armed fort. Sitting deep in the jungle, it serves as a safe resting place for troops and a supply station.

My question is where to best put it? I need a (preferably rather uncharted) region with a lot of tropical jungle. I included a Myzec scout, but that doesn't mean it have to be on Cascadia. Also I would like to know, if it will be accepted before making its own entry.

Lovely fort, the "real world presentation" works well. :thumbup:

This jungle scene would work for any settlement other than Mesabi Landing. Maybe Stormhaven, for it only has a small fort so far?

Thanks for the recommendation. Perhaps it works, if I put the fort more into the middle of the island, near the mountains, for it is not built on stilts. It was supposed to stand alone anyways, just being under the administration of the nearest city.

But now I'm keen on building on stilts!

A new gunboat from the King's Harbour shipyards, the Colonial Gunboat Mk II.

And my first entry to 2. The Oaken Shield.

48828501961_5c3fef842e.jpg

I've had a few hours ashore with decent internet, so I've updated the second post, let me know if I have missed your build. A couple of builds are listed as approved that dont have two :thumbup: yet. This probably is because I approve them but haven't had time to properly comment.

@Mesabi Can you let me know what task this build was for, I assume it was for the Merchant Marine, but just want to check - thanks!

Congratulations to @LM71Blackbird for completing the Redcoats Rule task and earning the title 'Patron of the Army'!

I just want to chime in with some general praise for this whole thing! It is great to see how much activity and enthusiasm this has sparked already, and I feel like we are just scratching the surface for now.

Many thanks to all who help making this possible, most of all to @Ayrlego for kicking it off and keeping it on track. :thumbup: