DwalinF

[MOC] Steampunk Moon City

Two years passed since I've built it and now I can show you my old MOC at last...  Ehh, don't ask me why so long.

At first there was just an idea to build some houses inside a railway ring. The railway circle was the basis of all. And steam rocket should be there of course, because you can see rockets not very often in steampunk plots. When I started to build, the story wasn’t finally formed, and I only had a rough sketch of a project. So I thought: "If I have a rocket, then steampunk city on the Earth is too simple for lore", so it became the Colony on the Moon. And since the Moon is made of cheese ( I think you won't mind about this fact) it should be cheese-mining city. It’s all I knew, when I started to build. But to be true, when I finished it, I can't say I know much more now.

I don't know exactly what function of every building is. I think you can find here likely to alchemy laboratory, the old tower of the first colonist Kiba Azzoh, ticket office, observatory, pub, and some combination of post office and power station. There were plans to do a lot of movable mechanisms, but I left only turnable planets, elevator and a tram.Because too good isn't good, too.

Video included.

46675863672_4c10d1021c_c.jpg

46675866412_98cbb52fa7_c.jpg

46728572241_f84fbaf673_c.jpg

45812979655_b4e4411431_c.jpg

46728562891_105f2dc2a4_c.jpg

There's not really much to say since your MOC is so amazing. Your use of bulbous glass windows on the dark flesh building and in the blue elevator capsule are great. I love the gears and the ray-gun pantograph on the train, and I also like the rocket you've put inside the circle. It's really lovely and whimsical all over. Excellent work!

This is great.

This is also why I don't moc; for I can never hope to be this good at it.

What a lovely little lunar hamlet! :wub: The many various color choices for each of the buildings are what make this; particularly, I just love the tallest, three-story building constructed predominantly in Sand Green! :thumbup: :sweet:

Great! Good Steampunk is great, this is good Steampunk! The guy in the elevator reminds me of how I feel in wall climber elevators.

Andy D

@jamesn@Dr.Cogg, @kr1minal, @Andy D Thank you very much!

@J4ck I saw this movie. So in autumn I'm going to build somethin like that movable cities.

@leafan Don't say so. If you won't try you'll never get a result. So build, get feedback and do better.

@Digger of Bricks Thank you! That sand-green one I've built the last and didn't planned to add it to the city at first. Only after I finished it and see the result, I thought that it should fits good to others.

@Peppermint_M Thank you :) I doubt about the section, when created this topic.

Edited by DwalinF

Marvelous!

The only thing I perhaps miss is a sort of 'spacepunk' port. A lift-off platform (or launch cannon) and port building.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Whoa! That would be awesome, I saw one in the style of the first Ninjago Movie modular set, it looked stunning!

Yeah, I saw it too. Don't know about such great size, but I'll try

5 hours ago, DwalinF said:

Yeah, I saw it too. Don't know about such great size, but I'll try

Hahaha, I’d love to make something like that just the money needed is insane :cry_sad:

Great work. :thumbup:

I really like the houses and how you have managed to create total different houses that makes the city.

The mechanisms in the build worked out fine. :thumbup:

It's all so good, with enough details to fawn over in every corner.

One quibble though: why isn't anyone out with a picnic blanket, eating cheese Wallace and Gromit style?  :wink:

Fantastic. They may be few but I love the movable parts, works great with the expertly shot video!

@GeoBrick At first I thought about such platform, but I hadn't parts for it, to make it good looking. So I decided that nothing will be better than bad.
@sander1992 Thank you :)
@rodiziorobs No time for rest, everyone works hard! :D

@MoriboeThank you! I didn't want to make glut of mechanisms, because it would distract from details. Too much isn't good too

Edited by DwalinF