Review: 7626 Indiana Jones - Jungle Cutter

Set ref: 7626

Name: Jungle Cutter

Number of minifigs: 4

Number of pieces: unknown

Price: 39,99€

A general view of the set:

7626_01.jpg

We’ve got 5 giant ants, two Russian soldiers, a General, Indy of course, 3 trees, a small entrance of a cave, and the debroussaillor vehicle (I don’t know the English name of it…).

You can’t enter into the cave, because there is a spider web with its spider…Unless…

7626_02.jpg

Unless you know how the mechanism works and the spider web go up…

7626_03.jpg

And reveals a case with diamonds and accessories.

7626_04.jpg

A closer view on the mechanism (which is simple but works well), and you can also see the difference, or maybe the same, size of a spider and a giant ant!

7626_05.jpg

And I’ve always thought that those spiders were very big compared to the minifigs! So those ants are really giant! Poor small frog!

The three trees with the entrance make a nice jungle layout! Don’t speak too loud, you will wake up the soldier…

7626_06.jpg

Don’t worry for him, he will be waken up by the vehicle before being eaten by those giant ants!

7626_07.jpg

7626_08.jpg

A front view, making the vehicle really menacing!

7626_09.jpg

A back view:

7626_10.jpg

Push the red part from the back and there are two parts that fall down from the vehicle. I don’t know why… The movie will clarify this I think…

7626_11.jpg

And here you can see how the two big circular blades turn when you push the vehicle… Simple but effective!

7626_12.jpg

Run Indy, run!

7626_13.jpg

This set is really nice. The playability of the different elements is great, the colour scheme is nice too (I like those dark green tree parts!). The vehicle is really impressive without being too big and its very well details!

In general the designers of the Indy sets have made a really nice works, with a lot of efforts in all those details everywhere!

I’ve got some project for this set, to integrate it in my city...

I’m a city mocer, and not an Indy fan.

So I don’t have bought the temple, the bigger set of the series, because it has nothing special for me in term of part selections or in the design, in relation with the town theme, and because my supermarket doesn’t have it yet!

So, we are waiting for a member to review it and make the part 4…

I like the creatures in this very much, and it is good to see the vehicle from different angles. Thank you :laugh: I think I shall buy this.

:skull:

Oh, man, thanks for the review! IMO, this looks like the best set in the new Indy line! :thumbup:

Do you have any better pics of the Colonel? :classic:

Excellent review Alex. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to buy this set once available. I really like the dark green leaf pieces. I like the cave/temple which will look great in my Jungle Diorama. Blending the dark green and light green works well for the vehicle. Overall, a neat little set.

Great review, thanks for that. I love almost everything about this set. The ants, commies, general (can we please get a shot of his face?), dark green, treads, foliage and other creatures. Great stuff, i'll have to get it on sale though.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

This is a great set!!!!!! It is probably my favourite Indy so so far! :wub: Great reveiw!

Although the set is great the price is greater :sadnew: have to get it on sale..

Wow

in the protype pics I kept thinking this thing looked lame; a boat on treads with saw blades?

But this is definetly something I want now.

lots of great plant and animal parts. And looks like plenty of wheels with those treads; its just begging to be made into a propor tank.

Great review, thanks a lot for all the pics.

I agree that this is probably the nicest set of the Indy 4 wave. So much dark green and I love all the plant pieces. It's been ages since we've had enough pieces in a regular release to build nice forests so it's great to see 11 of the dark green leaves in one set and all the vines! The design of the cutter looks very solid and brick built as well. Giant ants are great looking too.

A great, detailed review for an excellent set! I love the Jungle Cutter vehicle itself, and all the dark green! :wub: It's great to have the trees and cave entrance; you can never have enough extras! The figs are nice too; two Russian soldiers, the cool-looking general (I think his name is Dovchenko or something) and the repeated-but-still-nice Indy with RPG. Thanks again, looks like I'll be picking this up along with Jungle Duel. (By the way, I think this set is called Jungle Cutter).

Wow those trees look so weak compared to those *huh* enormous *huh* blades.

Anyway, a high-possibility-and-appeal-to-us-compulsive-LEGO-shoppers set, so, I'll try to get it, which means I'll obsesively look until i find.

:jollyroger: Deforestation of puny trees, ON! :jollyroger:

Thanks for this fantastic review, Alex! Those trees are a neat add on to any jungle, as is that sweet cave. But the main part of this set, the Jungle Cutter, man, that is wicked! Packed with that awesome dark green and with those wonderful treads, not to mention the smoothly spinning buzz saws. However, this set's a tad overpriced in my opinion, and looking through the instructions they have that crazy colour syndrome again, using blue, yellow and red parts in the internal build.

Still, thanks for this sweet review with neat pics! *thumbup*

~Peace

Thanks for the review alex :classic: I agree that this is the best set of KotCS sets (although the airplane comes quite close..). Although I'm not too fond of the trees, the cave is good, and the jungle cutter is brilliant. Plenty of great features, and very detailed, with much of the engine showing and a decent cockpit (if that's the right word..). The general and the two Soviets are great too (could we have a close-up pic of them please? :blush: ), good to see that neither torso has exposed fleshy skin like the Nazis. As said though, it is quite a pricy set, I was expecting it to be just over the price of Race for the Stolen Treasure.

Great set, thanks again, alex!

Here some close-up pics of the Russian soldiers and the General :

7626_14.jpg

7626_15.jpg

And I know that you have seen that I don't have put the stickers on...

Ahhhhh now this swamp vehicle looks great to me, when i first heard lego were making it i was worried that it would be a poor version. However im pleased to see that it's not, even though i'm not a great fan of those treads.

The trees don't really add anything to the set which is a shame, still the parts are welcome at least.

The entrance is good though it could do with being bigger, but i guess we can moc that.

I really like the commie general, he looks like a real bad megablocks :laugh:

Great review again Alex !!

Same question (in case you didn't se it in my reply to the other set): where did you get those new sets ??

I really love that set !!

Its called Jungle Cutter :wink:

The trees are really cool and make a great adition to it IMO.

That temple entrance or monument is really cool !! Those Bionicle parts do make fantastic vegetation !!

I totally forgot about that green frog !! Thats cool , those are so cute !!

5 more ants is great !!

The vehicle look really sharp (ah ah ah).

2 more commies yeay !!

That officer is really freaky actually !! Could have been a high rank under Pol Pot's regime in the S21... Yeay looks more asian than russian IMO

Now its time for my grips:

* same bloody rant about Indy !!

* I haven't read the instructions before but once again there are so many parts in crap colours that need to be changed :angry: Look at all the crap red and yellow in there !! I will need to look for those parts before buying the set like I always do !! Mod while building On !!

I am really soimpressed with that Indy line !! I sincerely hope it will have a long and healthy life !!

:yoda:

Great review again Alex !!

Same question (in case you didn't se it in my reply to the other set): where did you get those new sets ??

I really love that set !!

Its called Jungle Cutter :wink:

The trees are really cool and make a great adition to it IMO.

That temple entrance or monument is really cool !! Those Bionicle parts do make fantastic vegetation !!

You mean the spiny dk. green things that hang from the holes around the secret entrance? They were in the Indy: Temple Escape. :wink:

I totally forgot about that green frog !! Thats cool , those are so cute !!

5 more ants is great !!

The vehicle look really sharp (ah ah ah).

2 more commies yeay !!

That officer is really freaky actually !! Could have been a high rank under Pol Pot's regime in the S21... Yeay looks more asian than russian IMO

Yeah, TLC's really cranking out the new molds for both food and wildlife! :devil: So let's see... If I get all five sets... I get... 11 Russians! And six are basic soldiers, although two are duplicates and triplicates. :wink: Yes, that officer definitely has an Italian look to him; those cheekbones are a little too high.

Now its time for my gripes:

* same bloody rant about Indy !!

* I haven't read the instructions before but once again there are so many parts in crap colours that need to be changed :angry: Look at all the crap red and yellow in there !! I will need to look for those parts before buying the set like I always do !! Mod while building On !!

Same rant! :sing: Any chance we could see the RPG? :look:

I am really soimpressed with that Indy line !! I sincerely hope it will have a long and healthy life !!

Agreed! :sweet:

Responses to the Yodameister's review of Alex54's review of the Jungle Cutter are in red. :sweet:

Now to my opinion: Great review! More reviews ON! :sweet:

Responses to the Yodameister's review of Alex54's review of the Jungle Cutter are in red. :sweet:

Whats that funky name :tongue:

You mean the spiny dk. green things that hang from the holes around the secret entrance? They were in the Indy: Temple Escape.

Yep indeed and I have that set :classic:

If I remember correctly the first line to use it as vegetation is Aqua Raiders Tiger Shark Attack (7773) :wink:

Any chance we could see the RPG?

Why, its just a flick fire missile in a wrench :tongue: I'll use my BrickArms RGP which is way better :wink:

OK so I just finished reviewing the instructions and look at the parts you need to just change the horrendous colours !! Damn its really getting worse and worse :hmpf_bad:

7626_replacements.jpg

Whats that funky name :tongue:

Lol! :tongue: Just making sure your Yoda-ee awesomeness is known. :yoda:

Yep indeed and I have that set :classic:

If I remember correctly the first line to use it as vegetation is Aqua Raiders Tiger Shark Attack (7773) :wink:

A-ha; it was in Aquaraiders! It was also the squid's intestines, or whatever lays inside his baggy head. :tongue:

Why, its just a flick fire missile in a wrench :tongue: I'll use my BrickArms RGP which is way better :wink:

Oh yeah, I forgot that. :laugh:

OK so I just finished reviewing the instructions and look at the parts you need to just change the horrendous colours !! Damn its really getting worse and worse :hmpf_bad:

7626_replacements.jpg

Ahh, thanks! I'm definitely changing them; they may be bearers of the Red Star but they don't need red lining inside their vehicles. :tongue:

What a lovely set! :wub:

I think I have to put this on my wishlist,just for that beautiful woodcutting tank thingie. :wub:

2008 is gonna get expensive for me :look:

the thing and the set is called jungle cutter and the reason the front pops off is because indy blows it up with a bazooka incase you wanted to know.

thanks for the nice review

What a marvelous diversity of plant parts, very nice MFs and a cool and detailed harvester. That conventionalized cave

with its neat opening feature´s also very well done. Thanks for that fine review of a pretty cool set, alex. :cry_happy:

This is the 3rd review, that i had read. It's very tempting to fly over and get those sets from there. Because, i may need to wait for some months before it arrived. It seemed we will have a new small little creature to add into the ranks. These "Red Ants" is cute and of course looks nasty too. Haha. :tongue: I love those trees, foilage and plants very very much. It can be used for my MOC and is good for any "Green" project related expansion. I love it. About the vehicle, i find it abit wierd. It seemed too big in the set-up. Hehe, but still i love this set. Mainly, i will get it for the green parts :laugh: