Calunca

Ideas 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

I created this topic because I did not see any topic where people can discuss about ALL Ideas sets.

The 2019 Ideas sets are ... (more can coming)

Spoiler

21316 lego 21316 – ideas 2019 1 – 748 pieces – 10+: THE FLINTSTONES

https://www.joueclub.fr/lego-21316-ideas-2019-1.html

21317 lego 21317 – project hoot v29 – 751 pieces – 10+: TREE HOUSE

https://www.joueclub.fr/lego-21317-project-hoot-v29.html

21318 lego 21318 – 21318 ideas 2019 3 v29 – TBA pieces – 16+: UNKNOWN

https://www.joueclub.fr/lego-21318-21318-ideas-2019-3-v29.html 

https://www.hothbricks.com/lego-ideas-cinq-projets-qualifies-pour-la-prochaine-phase-devaluation/

Edited by Calunca

Thank you very much for this list, @Calunca! :classic:

I'm neither interested in the Flintstones set nor in the treehouse.

But an Ideas set whith for the age 16+ sounds heavily to me like the realization of the piano since it's building technic for sure will afford some good building experience. The piano would be amazing!

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

56 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

But an Ideas set whith for the age 16+ sounds heavily to me like the realization of the piano since it's building technic for sure will afford some good building experience. The piano would be amazing!

It couldn't be the piano, as that project is within the review coming right after they wrap up the Second 2018 LEGO Ideas Review. They should be announcing the results for that latter one sometime very soon here, which is pictured below:

5998804-5722536-Projects_in_Review-thumb

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, I see. So 21317 (a.k.a. "project hoot") is the upcoming Treehouse project. :thumbup:

Going from 2643 down to 751 pieces seems alot however, that's 1900 less pieces, but then again, the original model uses a lot of plates and small pieces.

Either way, still looking forward to the design even if it actually ends up with 751 pieces and smaller or simplified, if anything, it'll be a better price point, not complaining.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Is it for certain or just your guess? In the LEGO Creator topic you have not specified the set's name and replied to @Digger of Bricks that it's unknown. I demand clarification :devil:

It is certain. In Creator topic, I thought it on 21318.

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Going from 2643 down to 751 pieces seems alot however, that's 1900 less pieces

Have they ever made that big a change in number of pieces? In the ghostbusters set they only included the car I think, but it is not like they could skip the tree in this set :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Calunca said:

It is certain. In Creator topic, I thought it on 21318.

What makes you so certain? The site in the link doesn't say anything. I think you assume that Ideas sets are released in the same order as they were announced, which is not always the case, especially with bigger projects. For all we know, the Treehouse may still be 21318.

2 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

What makes you so certain? The site in the link doesn't say anything. I think you assume that Ideas sets are released in the same order as they were announced, which is not always the case, especially with bigger projects. For all we know, the Treehouse may still be 21318.

Actually do think the 16+ set might still be the Tree House as well, because going from 2600 to 750 pieces is a huge reduction, however still not 100% out of the question, seeing how many small plates, tiles and 1x1 parts are on the original.

Only way is to wait and see.

As for age ratings: 

Ideas Voltron set was 16+ Saturn V was 14+ as far as more recent Ideas large sets go.

Creator Expert Modulars and many other sets in that line have 16+ as well. 

I am not 100% sure what determines the age, it's not directly related to piece count (old fishing shack being 12+ with 2000+ parts), but it seems to have to do with complexity of the builds as well. 

Edited by TeriXeri

My guess is 21317 is the steamboat willie and they are going to release it before tree house. The leaked minifigures suggest the boat is already in production.

No way that treehouse could be 10+. Building the old fishing store is so easy but still 12+ and the treehouse is apparently much more complicated.

The Hothbricks link had an updated in regards to the number of pieces they had listed for the Tree house.  The creator of the set said it would be the largest Idea's set (piece count) to date.  I'd imagine the updated was based on this article:

https://www.estrepublicain.fr/edition-de-nancy-ville/2018/12/22/kevin-feeser-le-nanceien-virtuose-des-petites-briques#0_1

Hope it's true because the Tree House set is one I'm really looking forward to this year!

This is all great news, if true! Faithful to the original, over 3000 parts, plant pieces from sugarcane like Vestas. The article also places probable release date in spring, a bit doubtful since we're still waiting for Steamboat which should - in theory - come first. Although the fact that this article with such details was even allowed to be published may indicate an earlier release than expected - June maybe? Either way, it's a definite must buy (well, it already was when I supported it, but with all this good info, it's even more so!)

Not surprised at the Disney but a little surprised at the Friends set making it.  I had heard the Mexico set was taken out of consideration, so maybe they will just make that one as part of the Architecture skyline series.  Interesting choices.

Apparently @StoneWarsDE has confirmed the upcoming Treehouse for August at $279.99:

StoneWars.de - LEGO 75810 Stranger Things: Joyce Byers Home Confirmed by Toy Retailer

EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN LIMITED RELEASE LEGO ITEMS COMING SOON!

Exciting News for Lego Fans!

Claremont Toyworld - Your Local Lego Experts - is pleased to announce the following limited release releases later this year.

BEFORE MONDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER ON 9385 1220 or office@claremonttoyworld.com.au

• 21045 LEGO Architecture Trafalgar Square $ 119.99
  • 21046 LEGO Architecture Empire State Building $ 149.99
  • 21316 LEGO Ideas Flintstones House $ 99.99
  • 10265 LEGO Creator Expert Mustang $ 199.99
  • 70840 LEGO Movie 2 Welcome to Apocalypseburg $ 499.99
  • 21317 LEGO Ideas Mickey Mouse Steam Boat $ 129.99
  • 42100 LEGO Technic LEGO Technic Liebherr R9800 Excavator $ 749.99
  • 75244 LEGO Star Wars Princess Leia's Ship $ 329.99
  • 75810 LEGO Stranger Things $ 349.99
  • 21318 LEGO Ideas Tree House $ 279.99

Some of these sets are so new we do not even have photos!

49 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Apparently @StoneWarsDE has confirmed the upcoming Treehouse for August at $279.99:

That list might be confusing, but it's Australian Dollars.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Except that list is not so accurate, considering the 75244 Tantive IV is actually $199.99 and not $329.99.

However, since the original IDEAS tree house had 2643 parts, this price might be more accurate at least.

That list is from australia.

11 minutes ago, incognito said:

That list is from australia.

I edited it , and indeed the Tantive IV on the AU Lego store does show $329.99. (US $199.99)

Corner Garage on Australia is listed at AU $299.99 / US $199.99 / EU €189.99 NL / €179.99 DE around a similar ~2500-2600 parts count of the Tree House (2643 parts on the original IDEA)

Edited by TeriXeri

Wow, looks much better than the ideas version imho. 

Didn't care about that set until just now ;)

And it even has autumn leaves included. *oh2*

200€ für over 3000 pieces, seems like a must buy.

Edited by incognito

Hope to see some more detailed pics soon. I love the concept, but I'm not sold yet on the box art. It's interesting, but I want to see the interior. The idea of changing the leaves to vary the season is cool. White leaves for winter with some added 'snow' elsewhere would probably look great too.

Looks like they shortened the tree quite a bit and "optimized" a few parts that likely didn't need it like the arched railing. I'll reserve final judgment until I see it for real, though.

Mylenium