32841888468_49ab1a6f5d_c.jpg8 Billboards so far... by Humble Bricksmith, on Flickr

Over the past year, I've been working on making city billboards, depicting classic LEGO themes. Billboards are a great way to add unique flair and character to any LEGO city or diorama. Without using any printed bricks, it becomes very difficult to create small details without scaling up your creation. I figured that billboards are a good compromise between detail and scale.

For anyone interested, check out my Flickr, or support me on LEGO Ideas!
Also, you're welcome to download LDD or Studio files of these projects Here.

Really nice.  My favorites are the Ideas one (NPU and came out great), and the use of those triangle elements for the sign being painted is awesome!  Great use of the rounded corner 1x1 tiles for the fire logo, too.

Very nice job and really great idea. I would say that a building kit that allows to build one or two billboards and adding four options for the adds would do it even better on Ideas.

These are very well-designed, and I love the LEGO Universe billboard. It must have been quite tricky to get the logos' geometry right in such a small package. What a good addition to any town or train layout.

Love these - thank you for sharing the files! I'm going to build several for my train layout once I can get back to working on that.

Thanks for posting these! I've always thought that the billboard from Grand Emporium was a clever idea and it's great to see how you've taken that idea and run with it.