PaddyBricksplitter

[MOC] A Tale of Two Cities

Hey all.

Here is my latest MOC. It is a microscale sci-fi city, or rather two cities bound together as one.

It was Inspired by some of my sci-fi favourites like "Things to Come",  "Battle Angel Alita" and as Digger of Bricks pointed out to me “Metropolis”.

Hope you like it :classic:

45982064364_86862e0763_c.jpg

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This is just bound to be frontpaged... :thumbup: :grin:

5 hours ago, deraven said:

A classic concept very nicely executed.  That's a delightful build - well done!  :classic:

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun building it.

also looks like the city in the netflix series Altered Carbon, cool idea for the base and the smoke from the chimneys is very well shaped!

14 hours ago, Salvo said:

also looks like the city in the netflix series Altered Carbon, cool idea for the base and the smoke from the chimneys is very well shaped!

Thanks, I wasn’t quite sure about how to do smoke. I guess it turned out ok :grin:

Altered Carbon was pretty good. I’ve not seen any Lego Mocs based on it now you mention it.

I like the contrast of the skyline above with the bright colors and composed shapes versus the dark hard-edged hellscape below. I've seen similar kind of things before with minifigs and such but I think the microscale is a smarter choice--it really focuses the build around the concept better and centers it.

Great work all around :thumbup:

20 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Superb ...the base of the twin cities ia amazing :wub:

Glad you like it, it must have taken me a hour to sort out all my bley technic pieces with a few handle bars thrown in to fill it up *huh*

3 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

I like the contrast of the skyline above with the bright colors and composed shapes versus the dark hard-edged hellscape below. I've seen similar kind of things before with minifigs and such but I think the microscale is a smarter choice--it really focuses the build around the concept better and centers it.

Great work all around :thumbup:

Thank you very much :grin_wub:

When I was building this moc I had in mind modernist architecture from the early 20th century. I thought it would be a good way to do contrasting styles utopian versus industrial, but still keep the whole thing consistent.

I could go on and on about all the cool features, but I LOVE the contrast between the graceful swoops of the white towers and the clunky, brutal feel of the "Other half" below. Really brings out the feeling of dystopia.

14 hours ago, EVE said:

I could go on and on about all the cool features, but I LOVE the contrast between the graceful swoops of the white towers and the clunky, brutal feel of the "Other half" below. Really brings out the feeling of dystopia.

Thanks EVE, I wasn’t sure if people would get or even like this build, you described what I had in mind so I’m very pleased you like it :grin: