Sign in to follow this  
Severin Brunold

[MOC] Claas Xerion 5000 with realistic functions and attachments

Hi

With my first post on eurobrickst I’d like to show my Claas Xerion 5000 track VC MOC (although it is more than one year old). Some Ideas are taken from the original Claas (steering system) and efferman (position and type of motors). The goal was to implement as many realistic functions as possible – for example a 3-point linkage system and hood with auto-lock function.

4a7e5e94a8_album.png

Motorized functions

• XL Motor for propulsion (4 wheel driving)
  • Servo-Motor for steering (with a linking system similar to the one in the original Claas)
  • L-Motor for linkage system (hoist up / down)
  • L-Motor for rear PTO (clockwise) and
  • hydraulic pump (against clockwise) – one motor drives two functions depending on direction of rotation
  • The motorized functions are powered by one sbrick in combination with a standard battery box (under the hood).

Pneumatic functions

• Motorized pump is connected to a hydraulic connection at front and rear to support attachments with hydraulic power (and a valve to switch between front and rear)

Manual functions

• 3 steering modes (4-wheel-steering, front-wheel-steering, crab-steering) with manual switch (similar as in the original Claas)
  • Openable hood with auto-lock system - meaning you can lift the tractor by the hood
  • 180° rotatable cabin (rotatable by a small black gear)
  • Easy-accessible power-on-of-switch (as in the original Claas)
  • Switch to change between front and rear linkage system (small gearbox)

Other functions

• Pendular front axle (with soft suspension springs for stabilization)
  • 3-point linkage system at front and rear with auto-lock connection (front: 1 mini LA, rear: 2 mini LA) which is quite robust
  • LED-lights on hood and cabin (2 pairs)
  • Trailer hitch (tow ball at rear)

Attachments

• beside the 3-point linkage system (front / rear) and the trailer hitch you can add weight on top of the rear wheels or you can add a gooseneck connection with working driveshaft
  • I already built a snow plow and a snow blower which I will portrait soon
  • d7935057b7_album.jpg

The functions work well as long as the resistance is not to strong.

Pictures [edit: new upload, bigger preview size]

d0140ddcae_album.jpg 4350a3ea83_album.jpg 6731bb95cf_album.jpg b7b8790840_album.jpg a7aeb54a69_album.jpg 99d4a9a504_album.jpg 

Video

Severin

Edited by Severin Brunold

Welcome @Severin Brunold, and in particular, welcome to our growing tractor moc sub-community!! 

I love this moc, its the subtle details in particular, like the 3-points.. nicely done. Would love see more of the internals. 4wd system etc.. but i'm a big fan!

15 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

not a big fan of no-Lego parts

I'm the opposite :grin: - i use 3rd party tyres and wheels! but each to their own! 

3 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

I'm the opposite :grin: - i use 3rd party tyres and wheels! but each to their own! 

Of course well said, I don´t like the use of them but I recognize a interesting internals which I would like to see too.

Snow plow

The first and rather simple attachment for my Claas Xerion MOC is a snow plow.

cd2320490a_album.jpg cf3b36c409_album.jpg 245b862099_album.jpg e6779b6a13_album.jpg 3d9e3e0c45_album.jpg 

Pneumatic function

• Independent adjustment of the two plow halves (|, /, \,<,>) by two short cylinders (Unimog type). The pneumatic system of the plow is connected to the pump of the tractor.

Manual function

• Height of the guide wheels

Other function

• The bottom part of the plow is connected to shock absorbers and can fold back in case of resistance

Severin

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:05 AM, TeamThrifty said:

Welcome @Severin Brunold, and in particular, welcome to our growing tractor moc sub-community!! 

I love this moc, its the subtle details in particular, like the 3-points.. nicely done. Would love see more of the internals. 4wd system etc.. but i'm a big fan!

The 4wd system is similar to the one in the original Claas but perhaps I can get some Pictures of the internals...

PS: Sorry for the Minion if you don't like it;-)

24 minutes ago, Severin Brunold said:

The 4wd system is similar to the one in the original Claas

Bit confused... the original didn't even have a diff on the axle's?! Look forward to seeing the internals :classic:  

On 1/13/2019 at 1:42 PM, jorgeopesi said:

Of course well said, I don´t like the use of them but I recognize a interesting internals which I would like to see too.

As the time passes by lot of 3rd party parts had broken due to much less stress that original LEGO, not to mention my search for tires that correspond treads on existing LEGO tires, I have decided (based of course on my experience) to use only LEGO parts. OK, sometimes I stretch tire, but it is still LEGO...

@Severin Brunold - about this Xerion, it would be nice to see how you managed to use 4 wheel drive and no fake engine; perhaps you were thinking about 4 wheel steering with 3 modes, but you mistyped it without bad intentions :wink:

At the end welcome to EB. :classic:

Edited by I_Igor

16 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

@Severin Brunold - about this Xerion, it would be nice to see how you managed to use 4 wheel drive and no fake engine; perhaps you were thinking about 4 wheel steering with 3 modes, but you mistyped it without bad intentions :wink:

Yes, i have confused 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering. Sorry.

I will post some pictures to show the 4 wheel drive and other internals soon (but don't expect too much, it's my first MOC). And perhaps some closeups of the 3-point linkage system and the auto-lock functions.

Snow blower (ZAUGG)

Hi

This attachment for my Claas Xerion is a realistic (two-stage) snow blower inspired by the swiss ZAUGG SF 90-100 HT. 

cafe54fe22_album.jpg

0ded0265ef_album.jpg 5cf452fd95_album.jpg 

01451f5ac9_album.jpg a6f8beddbb_album.jpg 33133255de_album.jpg 7ccd859159_album.jpg

Motorized functions (driven by the PTO on the rear of the tractor):

• Slow rotation of the (red) auger (which feeds snow to the impeller) – the slow rotation is realized by a worm gear
  • Fast rotation of the impeller (which directs snow out of the discharge chute)

Pneumatic functions (connected to the pump in the tractor):

• Rotation of the discharge chute (by long, thin cylinder from the Arcos)
  • Inclination of the cischarge chute (by small cylinder)

Manual function:

• Tilting the discharge chute (for a better view while driving)

Although the functions are realistic, the snow blower is by far not able to really blow snow… But for me, it looks good (and would even better with some small sticker). 

Severin

And, as promised, some internals of my Claas Xerion MOX (sorry for the bad quality)...

152c205905_album.jpg adbb2148e4_album.jpg 4d6879a7fc_album.jpg f136773251_album.jpg