alex54

Review: 7624 Indiana Jones - Jungle Duel

Set ref: 7624

Name: Jungle Duel

Number of minifigs: 3

Number of pieces: 78

Price: 11,90€

It’s the smaller set from the last Indy movie, “the kingdom of the crystal skull”.

Here we go!

A general view of the set:

7624_01.jpg

We have a tent, some food ( a chicken leg is always welcome!), a fireplace, the things with all the swords, a bench with a broken table, 3 ants, a map (printed tile) and other accessories.

Don’t make that girl hungry or...

7624_02.jpg

YYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

7624_03.jpg

Ho no! Our diner, a giant ant, has gone away!

7624_04.jpg

Those giant ants are made in a smooth plastic, in dark red and trans black colour:

7624_05.jpg

And here a closer view on the two new hairpieces:

7624_06.jpg

7624_07.jpg

The new girl hairpiece is really cute, and I’m a bit disappointed by the new man hairpiece…Those hair lake some volume… But I’m really happy to see that TLC has made some new moulds for hairpieces! It’s the good part of the theatre lines!

So, it’s a really interesting set because you’ve got a lot of useful pieces for a city Mocers, with the two new hairpieces without spending a lot of money!

Edited by imperialshadows
Updated Stats/Title

Funny review :thumbup:

Just a question though: did your set come with three cutlasses?

Also your food crate seems to be missing...

Edited by sir dano

Those giant ants are made in a smooth plastic, in dark red and trans black colour:

7624_05.jpg

I'm pretty sure those 'ants' are actually spiders. :classic:

I really wanted an in detail review of this set with opinions as well as pictures- and you provided the goods alex54!

I really need another tent (i can later use it for rebel troopers), and I love the selection of minifigs.

The new spiders are freakin' awesome. Why didn't Lego make them before :sceptic:

This set is a must buy for me (I guess in the UK it will be £8.99)

EDIT: Where did you get this set alex54? I really want to know!

Edited by The Rancor

Actually they are ants. Spiders have 8 legs while ants have only 6 like these. The two thing that look like legs in the front are the antennae. Back on topic, I think this set looks great and I can't wait until I can get my hands on it and the other new IJ sets. :thumbup::classic:

Edited by Erdbeereis1

I'm pretty sure those 'ants' are actually spiders. :classic:

I thought they were spiders before, but when I saw them mentioned as ants, I realised that they are definately ants! Being a big ant fan, I recognise that they are not spiders - they look like ants too, and they could be lifesize to some larger species. :alien:

Yay ants! And new hairpieces! And accessories!

:skull:

Anger the Woman in charge and thou shall have no dinner. :tongue:

Great review, the sets looks good, and the retunr of the tent is something to be very happy about. And also, those giant camp-attacking ants look really great, they can be use as bugs in a ToD spike and bug room diorama. :thumbup:

Actually they are ants. Spiders have 8 legs while ants have only 6 like these. The two thing that look like legs in the front are the antennae. Back on topic, I think this set looks great and I can't wait until I can get my hands on it and the other new IJ sets. :thumbup::classic:

They must be ants, but I'm pretty convinced that what you think are the antennae, are the ants mandibles.

A neat little set.

Front

Thanks for this review alex54, this looks like a great set. I love the new hair molds and faces, plus al those extra pieces are fantastic!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Can't wait to get this one (ANTS!!!)

I don't have a tent either, so that'll be a great pickup.

I'm surprised, though, that it includes the gold Exo-Force sword. I didn't expect this to come in any other sets besides the tower.

<Faramir-<

I have no idea why they dont use that female hair piece on Trixie in Speed Racer. It would be PERFECT! Greta Review!

They must be ants, but I'm pretty convinced that what you think are the antennae, are the ants mandibles.

Or not. There are six legs, 2 antennae, and 2 mandible. And they most definately are ants, to those still in doubt. :wink:

Thanks for this great review, Alex, this is most definately (well, in my opinion anyway) the best set.

Lets face it, in motorcycle chase you really only got 2 bikes and 2 crates as the big parts of the set. In this one, which is the same price, you get those ants, a neat tent (Hurray!), a printed[/i] map, a chicken leg, a Castle sword, EF sword, and Pirates sword, a dagger (now in light bley) and a silver frying pan. This set is packed with useful pieces, I'm definately getting this one. And I for one love Mutt's hair piece. I sense my sig-fig will soon have a new hair style. :grin:

Thanks again Alex for the sweet review! :thumbup:

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Thanks for the excellent review Alex! :thumbup:

This is so far my favorite Crystal skull set (released) the cargo plane is however the best

I love the small accessories like turkey leg, banana, golden sword and GIANT ants!

Mutt's torso is very nice! I love the leather jacket print :wub:

Irina is just a another Hottie, but I would like to see her smile :grin:

Oh and another Indy...........

I was already thinking of buying this set, and you've totally convinced me. Thanks for the review, Alex :thumbup:

Btw, I think they are ants, having that shape; moreover, we already have spider molds, and they have already been used in Theatre themes (see Spiderman :wink: ).

LuxorV

OK! I think, it''s a no-brainer that this is a must-have for pretty much anyone who likes LEGO! :tongue: It's cheap and a great minifigs & parts pack! I'll be getting at least 1 of these!

Here is what I like about it:

1. Great minifigs with nice torsos, sweet faces, and awesome hair! (Gotta ask 'em where they get it done! :laugh: )

2. Golden katana! :wub:

3. Chicken leg! YUM! :grin:

4. Nice campfire! :sweet:

And this is what I don't like about it:

1. Dark bley knife! :angry: Seriously, they could have at least made it silver like the sword, if not chrome! :hmpf_bad:

2. Rehashed tent. :hmpf:

3. Spiders with 6 legs!!! :tongue:

I actually don't really care about the tent and the multi-legged creatures. Those go straight into the sorting boxes. Perhaps I might use the tent someday for a steampunk MOC of some kind, or a stop-motion film, or maybe some kind of contest... :look:

Anyway, what's up with that thing that holds the katana, the sword, and the saber? It's in the airplane set too! Is it perhaps one of the treasures of the new movie or is it something Indy takes with him everywhere in this film? :wacko:

44However, nice pics, nice review! Thanks, dude! :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Mhm...I really need this set! There are various things I’m interested in: the minifigs (hey, I still have no Indiana Jones figs!), the new hairpieces, a gold katana, a dark bley pirate cutlass (is this the first one?), a dark bley knife (could be useful..), those giant ants, yet another silver broad sword (you never have enough of those).....great parts pack indeed.

Shakar

nice review indeed thanks for review all these new indianna sets

just wondering did your set have a crate as im sure the prims has a crat with a banana in.

I simply :wub: that tent! I guess I´ll have to buy three of these just to make a proper expedition MOC somewhen....

A great little set indeed, with marvelous new MF torsos and that new black feminine hairpiece´s also great and very useable

for creating some characters related to the sixties and seventies. And finally a pan that´s not black and a knife in grey.

That´s very handy indeed, the chrome one always looked a bit too shiny to me.... Thanks for that sweet review, alex! :sweet:

Thanks for that great review! This is a very interesting set filled with nice parts for customisation. Somemore, the price is not that steep. :tongue: I will need to get ready for the second wave!