Sign in to follow this  
Horace T

Bricks for you city mocs

I'm from the technic forum. I'm interested to know how do the town/city forum builders obtain their bricks/parts. Do you buy sets or individual bricks ?

I'm keen to do a bit of city building. It's been a while.

H

Depends on what you'd like to build. But it is more cost effective to get individual parts for me :)

Typically if you're doing a big layout it'll be best to figure out which parts you are going to use a lot of and then purchase them on Bricklink. Personally I have a large collection of parts to use in any project but if you've mostly only used technic before and don't have many system bricks to use then you would probably want to pick up a few city or creator sets to scrap for parts so you have some variety. Since these are pretty much just parts packs try to find sets that are on deep discount or being sold used on Bricklink. If you have a used lego store anywhere near you they are one of the best places to get some bulk bricks to start you off.

Also, just a bit of personal preference, never underestimate snot bricks, you'll probably need more than you think you will and they are usually the key to taking a straightforward or boring build and making it feel three dimensional and visually interesting.

Edited by Nick Wolfe

Thanks for the reply. The creator sets do look interesting. I want to build an interesting building of some description.

H