Brilliant modular, I just love the angled window the foliage growing on the building and the color scheme of the whole MOC! As always, the presentation is top notch and you keep improving! Best of luck on Ideas, supported without thinking! :classic:

On 1/14/2019 at 12:19 PM, essel said:

What a stunning modular! It's detailed, colourful, original… Of course I supported it right away on Lego Ideas :wink:

If it were on sale I'd buy it right away! (Let's hope this becomes the first Ideas modular building!)

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thanks very much for the kind comments. Really pleased you like it and thanks very much for supporting it on Ideas! :classic:

17 hours ago, Reaper said:

Great work! :thumbup:

Thanks! :classic:

8 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is a great modular, excellent choice of colors and I'm impressed by the detail inside and out!

Thanks a lot. Glad you like the colours and the details.

6 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

Wow, this is really something! I'm not familiar with your other modulars, so I'll just comment on this one. I love the colors, it looks bright and inviting. The greenhouse on the back is a nice touch that I hadn't expected.

Thank you very much. If you want to have a look at my other mocs you can find them over on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/140122416@N02/albums

6 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

I really like the angled window, it's one of my favorite parts. I do feel like it seems a bit out of place, though, probably because of the rounded balcony and steps in the same vertical space.

To be honest I wasn't sure whether or not to include the angled window. In the end I decided to keep it in as it's a new technique I hadn't seen anyone try before. I also felt the building would benefit from having a window jutting out above the balcony below it.

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Brilliant modular, I just love the angled window the foliage growing on the building and the color scheme of the whole MOC! As always, the presentation is top notch and you keep improving! Best of luck on Ideas, supported without thinking! :classic:

Many thanks @LegoModularFan I'm pleased you like it and glad you think I am improving. It was good to get back to doing an architecture model after working on vehicles and steam engine mocs for the past few months.

Thanks also for supporting it on LEGO Ideas. :thumbup:

Edited by Bricked1980

18 hours ago, Unfinished_Projects said:

Amazing build! Great photography (or renderings) as well! Supported on ideas :classic:

Thanks very much for your support. :classic: I'm glad you like the images.

Wanted to comment again as I was a bit rushed before but felt I had to say something. The use of the 'afro' hairpiece for bushes is perfect; with the other hairpieces recolored in green I'm surprised that one hasn't been done yet. I hope we get that. And the SNOT'd fez hat piece as small plant pottery is again excellent parts usage. So many beautifully executed parts and color choices. The construction and finish is very much in keeping with the official set's styles. Great work Bricked1980.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:24 PM, Retroshift said:

I want this moc. It is amazing. Let me buy and build, please. I voted this on the Lego Ideas site.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:26 PM, mato said:

Beautiful. Of course, supported on Ideas ;)

Thanks very much for supporting the project on Ideas @mato and @Retroshift:classic:

23 hours ago, koalayummies said:

The use of the 'afro' hairpiece for bushes is perfect; with the other hairpieces recolored in green I'm surprised that one hasn't been done yet. I hope we get that. And the SNOT'd fez hat piece as small plant pottery is again excellent parts usage. So many beautifully executed parts and color choices. The construction and finish is very much in keeping with the official set's styles. Great work Bricked1980.

Thanks. Glad you spotted the fez hat plant pots. Those pots and the tables they're standing on are positioned upside down as I felt that gave the perfect shape for a plant pot.

Thanks a lot for the positive comments. I'm pleased you like it. ?

31884265867_5214ee4a38_z.jpg

Thanks very much indeed to everyone who has supported my project on LEGO Ideas over the past week. It has now passed the 1000 milestone in 9 days so a massive thanks to anyone from EB who has voted for it. :sweet:

Edited by Bricked1980

23 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Thanks very much indeed to everyone who has supported my project on LEGO Ideas over the past week. It has now passed the 1000 milestone in 9 days so a massive thanks to anyone from EB who has voted for it. :sweet:

Dang, that's lightning fast! :oh: 

Congratulations once again @Bricked1980, I wish you the best of luck in your journey towards 10,000 supporters! :grin:

You should submit this to LEGO IDEAS *finishes reading post* :blush:

Beautiful, and yes, supporter 1,632!  The design elements really say "garden/plants/flowers/life!"  For the Modular theme, it's fitting and refreshing at the same time.  The dark orange(?) fruit and veg stall - the entire right side - also adds a really nice contrast, which is always helpful in placement.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:16 PM, TurboBrick said:

You should submit this to LEGO IDEAS *finishes reading post* :blush:

Beautiful, and yes, supporter 1,632!  The design elements really say "garden/plants/flowers/life!"  For the Modular theme, it's fitting and refreshing at the same time.  The dark orange(?) fruit and veg stall - the entire right side - also adds a really nice contrast, which is always helpful in placement.

Thanks very much. Yes the fruit and veg stall is mostly dark orange. That whole section on the right is my favourite part of the building I think, glad you like it too.

Thanks a lot for supporting the model on Ideas. :classic:

Here's a new image I've created showing how Bricks & Blooms would look alongside a couple of the official Modulars, Parisian restaurant and Corner Garage.

46954928422_1246dd12ca_b.jpg

On 2/6/2019 at 5:18 PM, ControlAltBrick said:

It looks great, not sure why but i want to eat the white pieces on the left :DDD

Thanks very much. Funny you say that, as someone else mentioned the left side of the building looks a bit like a gingerbread house with the thick white detailing on the walls. :laugh:

Edited by Bricked1980

On 3/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, notarealperson said:

i love this moc 

Thanks very much. Glad you like it. I've recently added a new modular as well.

Been looking at your Modular creations for some time and I finally have to leave a reply. :grin:   

The Bricks and Blooms does look really nice, it has a fairly unique footprint and nice detailing throughout. Really love that side building, especially with the second level, the use of parts there is just :thumbup:.

The design of the main building still feels pretty cluttered though, (even though you already tried to make it cleaner :laugh:). The use of parts and colors (in my humble opinion)  isn't really the best. The white colors are too jarring (but maybe that's just the render, white in real life is yellowish and slightly muted), the Earth Blue awnings in front of the Dark Green is a weird choice. Some details just feels like they are there for the sake of adding details rather than adding something substantial to the build. The colors, details and design should flow together in a cohesive manner for a aesthetically pleasing Modular Building, which is why I personally think that's where the Downtown Diner and the Corner Garage succeeds in.

But then again, I would also say that your way of designing Modular Buildings makes it very unique, with your odd color and design choices. Without seeing your name I can pretty much tell which Modular Building is designed by you.

Welp, that's my two cents. Keep up the awesome work! (Darn, those images where you displayed all your Modular Buildings side by side really makes you forget about their flaws. It's absolutely stunning!) 

On 6/20/2019 at 6:36 PM, ExeSandbox said:

The Bricks and Blooms does look really nice, it has a fairly unique footprint and nice detailing throughout. Really love that side building, especially with the second level, the use of parts there is just :thumbup:.

Thanks very much! :classic:

On 6/20/2019 at 6:36 PM, ExeSandbox said:

The design of the main building still feels pretty cluttered though, (even though you already tried to make it cleaner :laugh:). The use of parts and colors (in my humble opinion)  isn't really the best. The white colors are too jarring (but maybe that's just the render, white in real life is yellowish and slightly muted), the Earth Blue awnings in front of the Dark Green is a weird choice. Some details just feels like they are there for the sake of adding details rather than adding something substantial to the build. The colors, details and design should flow together in a cohesive manner for a aesthetically pleasing Modular Building, which is why I personally think that's where the Downtown Diner and the Corner Garage succeeds in.

The white detailing on the main building certainly seems to have divided opinions on this one. Quite a few people have commented that it looks a bit too much with somebody even comparing it to a gingerbread house. :laugh: Regarding the colours used. I was trying to go for earthy colours with greens as well to reflect the "gardening" theme. Thanks for the comments though, I'll take it all on board for my next creations. 

In the meantime here is a microscale version of "Bricks & Blooms" I created recently.

48126493581_42f28a09d1_c.jpg

And also a big thanks to everyone who is supporting the model on LEGO IDEAS  It only needs just over 200 votes now until it reaches 5,000.

LEGO IDEAS - Halfway There

A massive thanks to everyone who has supported the model on LEGO IDEAS. It has now passed the halfway stage of 5000 votes. :sweet:

Your set is amazing, so sad it wasn’t approved. 

I really love your set, so I would love if you could upload the instructions or the LDD file?