Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR JAN FB1] RSNP Scientific Lodgings, Camp Isaac (LDD)

The somewhat sleepy settlement of Camp Isaac is maintained by the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy primarily as a base camp for Corlander scientific expeditions on the island of Cascadia. Although some major land clearing has occurred, notably around the fort and WTC store, the Royal Society has decreed that developments must have as little impact on the natural surroundings as possible. How else can pure scientific study be conducted? The river is used as the primary method of transport, with rope walks erected as trails through the jungle. The Post Office was one of the first structures built on the banks of the river and since then, this trend as continued, especially for those who have no wish to be confined within the walls of the fort.

32823708298_1073eb5472_c.jpg

The Royal Society itself has constructed some lodgings along the banks to house visiting scientists. A network of board-walks has been established linking properties along the riverbank which serve to allow transport between buildings without a boat or without risking one's life to the jaguars, panthers and tigers of Cascadia (although loaded muskets are usually stored on the front verandas just in case!). Here a visiting scientist enjoys the cool evening breeze on the veranda, while a pair of Royal Pioneers patrol the board-walks.

Another digital from me while I am still on summer holidays, last day today! I wanted to do something with some greenery (which I usually struggle a bit with in LDD). Also the RSNP and Camp Isaac needed the love! Will be licensed as a large residence for the RSNP. I have tentative plans to do an adjoining property and to link the builds (and board-walks) up. Could be a while away though.... :pir_laugh2:

That. Vegetation... Daaaaaamn... I already struggle with it with real bricks...

You did an amazing job sir!

So much green frustration!  It really has a great effect I will use your cat tail method sometime.   The water didn't render very well but other that that great build

Wow, wonderful !!!

28 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

That. Vegetation... Daaaaaamn... I already struggle with it with real bricks...

You did an amazing job sir!

I can only second !!! What a greenery display !!!

Fantastic looking build Ayrlego! The vegetation is outstanding and the uplifted cabin is great!

27 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

The water didn't render very well but other that that great build

Unfortunately, that is usually what happens with the trans pieces...