PaddyBricksplitter

There's a sci-fi building comp on Flickr

Hey all.

Did you guys see there is a sci-fi building competition group over on Flickr?

https://www.flickr.com/groups/4053104@N23/

There are some pretty cool categories mircoscale city, Star fighter, space lab, alien life form, drones and robots.

Being a lover of all things Lego sci-fi I thought it was pretty cool. Anyone going to enter a build?

Just finished my build yesterday; had a WIP laying around & this contest finally gave me the push to finish it.Totally something out of my comfort zone, but it was fun to build something different.:thumbup:
Still have to take some pic's of it though, it's been very dark/lowlight weather the past few days... :hmpf_bad:

11 hours ago, Scene said:

Thanks for the heads up. I just entered my starfighter.

:thumbup:

3 hours ago, -zenn said:

Just finished my build yesterday; had a WIP laying around & this contest finally gave me the push to finish it.Totally something out of my comfort zone, but it was fun to build something different.:thumbup:
Still have to take some pic's of it though, it's been very dark/lowlight weather the past few days... :hmpf_bad:

Can't wait to see it.

Due to the often poor light during winter (and summer :cry2:) in Ireland, I got myself some photography lights from Amazon. They are well worth the investment. It sure beats making something good then needing to wait for the weather to change to get a good photograph.

18 hours ago, PaddyBricksplitter said:

:thumbup:

Can't wait to see it.

Due to the often poor light during winter (and summer :cry2:) in Ireland, I got myself some photography lights from Amazon. They are well worth the investment. It sure beats making something good then needing to wait for the weather to change to get a good photograph.

Yeah, I actually got one of those foldable light tents + lights, but the bulbs died on me past year. So I've put in 'regular' halogen lamps in them, hope it will work. :look:
Ugh, sometimes this gloomy greyish diffused weather bugs me... 1 day of sunshine this week, happened to be the day I was hanging out with my kid nephew building duplo... :grin:

The giant flower you made btw scares me, I wouldn't dare to sniff it... let alone try to pick it. :tongue::snicker:

*Edit: the 'regular' halogen lamps didn't work, they gave a yellowish tint... So I've ordered some new ones with a higher lightcolortemp (daylight) close to the original ones. Can't wait! :drool:

Edited by -zenn

18 hours ago, -zenn said:

Yeah, I actually got one of those foldable light tents + lights, but the bulbs died on me past year. So I've put in 'regular' halogen lamps in them, hope it will work. :look:
Ugh, sometimes this gloomy greyish diffused weather bugs me... 1 day of sunshine this week, happened to be the day I was hanging out with my kid nephew building duplo... :grin:

The giant flower you made btw scares me, I wouldn't dare to sniff it... let alone try to pick it. :tongue::snicker:

*Edit: the 'regular' halogen lamps didn't work, they gave a yellowish tint... So I've ordered some new ones with a higher lightcolortemp (daylight) close to the original ones. Can't wait! :drool:

Glad you liked the alien flower :thumbup:

Daylight bulbs with their white light are what you want to use. I find they produce a nice result.