CorvusA

LDD 4.3.12 update could be possible??

Something else a bit odd: On the LDD download page for the Windows side, it makes it clear that the version number is 4.3.12. However, upon looking at the "About" info within the actual software, the version read 4.3.11...confusing.

Edited by Jason C. Hand

For anyone who wants to install LDD on Windows 10 version 1809 or later, until Lego releases a new LDD version, you can use the custom batch file I've created.

What it does, is automatically do the procedure mentioned by yedda_2000 in THIS post.

All the necessary files and instructions can be found on my LUGs website :

https://breeks.gr/index.php/en/menu-en-main-forum/general-discussion-english/183-installing-ldd-on-windows-10.html

On 8/10/2019 at 1:32 AM, BoBKiD said:

For anyone who wants to install LDD on Windows 10 version 1809 or later, until Lego releases a new LDD version, you can use the custom batch file I've created.

What it does, is automatically do the procedure mentioned by yedda_2000 in THIS post.

All the necessary files and instructions can be found on my LUGs website :

https://breeks.gr/index.php/en/menu-en-main-forum/general-discussion-english/183-installing-ldd-on-windows-10.html

It says I dont have permission to download the .bat? Whats that about

On 8/12/2019 at 7:24 AM, Magmafrost said:

It says I dont have permission to download the .bat? Whats that about

Right click the file and select "Save target as..." or your browser's equivelant.

Just a side note, LEGO released LDD version 4.3.12 a few days after I posted my batch file. The new version can be installed without problems (no flash player) BUT the library version (the parts) is OLD!! My suggestion is to stay in 4.3.11

5 hours ago, BoBKiD said:

Right click the file and select "Save target as..." or your browser's equivelant.

Just a side note, LEGO released LDD version 4.3.12 a few days after I posted my batch file. The new version can be installed without problems (no flash player) BUT the library version (the parts) is OLD!! My suggestion is to stay in 4.3.11

Did someone inform LEGO about that ?

2 hours ago, M2m said:

Did someone inform LEGO about that ?

Yes. We are waiting for an official answer or, even better, a new version of LDD.

2 hours ago, BoBKiD said:

Yes. We are waiting for an official answer or, even better, a new version of LDD.

We look forward to hearing what LEGO has to say regarding this matter.

I have installed it and when I launch it, a message appears "cant connect to internet blablablabla", this didnt happen to me with the 4.3.11, but aparently is the same verion. In the "about" info everything is the same than in the 4.3.11.

Could be maybe a fix and the big update (withe all the new parts) is coming? Would be the happiest day of the year for me... lol

Just reinstalled my windows and downloaded the latest version of LDD only to find out there are lots of bricks missing.

Anyone got the 4.3.11 version?

4 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Just reinstalled my windows and downloaded the latest version of LDD only to find out there are lots of bricks missing.

Anyone got the 4.3.11 version?

If you trust a random stranger from the internet I have put 4.3.11 here:

windows:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qzIoAAUBAcaHVe8gVwXxLl1s0P76o0_D/view?usp=drivesdk

mac:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oXpQ1bJhErr5gEiR-PkHv2-jHZ9Yvzuv/view?usp=drivesdk

I also urge/ suggest to contact LEGO support to look into this. The more report the more likely it is they fix it - and maybe even release a new version

Edited by M2m

1 hour ago, M2m said:

If you trust a random stranger from the internet I have put 4.3.11 here:

windows:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qzIoAAUBAcaHVe8gVwXxLl1s0P76o0_D/view?usp=drivesdk

mac:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oXpQ1bJhErr5gEiR-PkHv2-jHZ9Yvzuv/view?usp=drivesdk

I also urge/ suggest to contact LEGO support to look into this. The more report the more likely it is they fix it - and maybe even release a new version

Thank you. Also had to use the trick with Flash player and Winrar to make it install.

Having only found out that 4.3.12 was available to download, to find that it couldn't access the internet (when I had a perfectly fine connection) and said in "About" it was Version 4.3.11, I was pretty disappointed about that. On the other hand, I did contact Lego about this and am currently waiting for a response myself, while I went back to 4.3.11 after keeping a Compressed Folder I downloaded back in June. It seems as though it may only be resolving the issue which didn't allow Windows users to install LDD using Version 1809, as I had no troubles installing this update...

I have to mention something that maybe some of you have missed. In the activities of LEGO Ideas or the contest, in the info appears LDD as a tool to make "legit designs".

So I think that the program is not totally abandoned. Maybe they are making a new version, with a modern interface, physics, etc, but it goes slowly because will be free ( no benefits, the developing goes slow obviously, its not a priority of market )

9 hours ago, CorvusA said:

I have to mention something that maybe some of you have missed. In the activities of LEGO Ideas or the contest, in the info appears LDD as a tool to make "legit designs".

So I think that the program is not totally abandoned. Maybe they are making a new version, with a modern interface, physics, etc, but it goes slowly because will be free ( no benefits, the developing goes slow obviously, its not a priority of market )

i'm agree with you... they go slowly because is a free program... i not understand why some people regularly say "ldd is abandoned"... they continue to give us update, incredible slowly, right, but Lego have not abandoned the software...

for the 4.3.12 version... icontinue to use the 4.3.11 and wait a fix for the latest... i got the installing version i use if someone is interested

Edited by Rustinidiel

I’d like to see a 64-bit update! This fall, I don’t want to chose between upgrading my MacOS or keeping LDD! :angry:

32 minutes ago, RoxYourBlox said:

I’d like to see a 64-bit update! This fall, I don’t want to chose between upgrading my MacOS or keeping LDD! :angry:

I’m on the same ship. Currently I won’t upgrade macOS however. Keeping iTunes ain’t too bad. 

12 hours ago, M2m said:

I’m on the same ship. Currently I won’t upgrade macOS however. Keeping iTunes ain’t too bad. 

Will Catalina change iTunes? I hadn't heard. Edit: Oh, god... can't tech companies just stick with something for good?

I hope TLG realizes that LDD is still the go-to program for AFOLs and its own employees.  Stud.io feels cumbersome in terms of controls/control options/item selection, and it fails to recognize perfectly Lego-legal SNOT connections from .lxf--making it necessary to rebuild after import.  The Bricklink team has had a lot of time to optimize their software, but it still is not yet a good replacement.  I could write up a long list of needed improvements (Studio) / complaints (LDD), but would anyone listen?

On 9/4/2019 at 5:57 AM, CorvusA said:

I'm hoping that the new version is coming soon for all of this.

20 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

i'm agree with you... they go slowly because is a free program... i not understand why some people regularly say "ldd is abandoned"... they continue to give us update, incredible slowly, right, but Lego have not abandoned the software...

for the 4.3.12 version... icontinue to use the 4.3.11 and wait a fix for the latest... i got the installing version i use if someone is interested

Same here, given the 4.3.12 status for the PC download ;)

1 hour ago, Jason C. Hand said:

Same here, given the 4.3.12 status for the PC download ;)

wait... all the 4.3.12 problems are only for the MAC version? the PC version works and got all the eventually new parts?