KotZ

24: Mafia - Hour 2: 11am to 12pm

27 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

The jester thing came up in my last game when a player apparently went nuts.  Can they win if they are dead?

The Jester can only win if they deliberately play “bad” and suspiciously enough so the town lynches them at which point they win. They cannot win if they come out and ask to be lynched or exploit game mechanics by editing their posts, so no, I don’t think Officer Lewis is a jester. 

just chose to go out suicide by mob. So the decision to be made now is do we go for a double or even triple lynch. Or do we intentionally spread out our votes to avoid losing too many town players at once. With 14 players would could eliminate three today if we organized the votes correctly. One 8 man vote and two three votes for the penalty players. Has that ever happened?

56 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

just chose to go out suicide by mob. So the decision to be made now is do we go for a double or even triple lynch. Or do we intentionally spread out our votes to avoid losing too many town players at once. With 14 players would could eliminate three today if we organized the votes correctly. One 8 man vote and two three votes for the penalty players. Has that ever happened?

In all the games I have palyed, it has not. I'm not sure if it's the best idea either as if their all town that could really hurt us. I still don't know why Lewis gave up. I don't know if scum would allow something like that to happen. Which is why I'm not sure on lynching Lewis. What does everyone else think about this? 

14 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Lewis is town. Scum wouldn't dig themselves into a hole insisting I'm scum knowing that hole will be their grave once I flip town.

I'm nervous by how many people (you, and Dianne both) are defending Lewis. I agree that he's probably town, but that's different than openly defending him. 

2 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

I think he hammered himself. Jester?

Possibly, but I don't think suicide by edit counts. I'm thinking we have a security person drunk while on duty. DARN IT!

2 hours ago, jluck said:

Ok, he may be scum or he may be town, but either way he’s hurting us giving up like this. He’s got my vote. 

Vote: officer Lewis (Jameson)

Well, if he's scum and suiciding, that is GOOD for the town. 

56 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

I'm not sure that works - the rules talk about voting to lynch A person. Even if multiple had enough votes due to penalties, I think the highest vote count is the only one lynched. But we'd need clarification from Jack on that - he does tend to think like a GO TEAM member and say KILL THEM ALL! 

Vote: Lewis (jamesn)

Since he's made it easy... and I don't have a better target at the moment. 

And at this point, Lewis is a distraction and better to be gone.

25 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

In all the games I have palyed, it has not. I'm not sure if it's the best idea either as if their all town that could really hurt us. I still don't know why Lewis gave up. I don't know if scum would allow something like that to happen. Which is why I'm not sure on lynching Lewis. What does everyone else think about this? 

If a player quits are they modkilled? Because if so there's no point voting for him if that's going to happen anyway. I can't see a scum doing this in any scenario to be honest. For now I'm going to Vote: Lewis (jamesn)

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Advocating for a triple lynch? I don't think that's possible, but could you give us a reason why you believe Benson and Agent Moore should be lynched?

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Funny, I’ve played a lot but I don’t think I’ve been in a situation where we could have multiple lynches due to penalties. Probably not a good idea, but an interesting situation. 

Slept in after a very late board game night and.. uh... what the heck happened this morning? /head scratch

As a potential lynchee I don’t want go and honestly have been gripping a bit tighter since my bonehead move, but objectively I think it would be pretty hilarious if a triple lynch happened. :laugh:

I’m sticking on Tariq though.  Still only truly scummy behaviour we’ve seen.

14 hours ago, KotZ said:

Current vote tally
Benson (Legomonorailfan) - 2 votes (jamesn, bob)
Officer Lewis (jamesn) - 3 votes (Zepher, khscarymovie4, kintobor)
Agent Moore (Kwatchi) - 5 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty)
Alfred Drew (Zepher) - 1 vote (fhomess)
Dr. James (Tariq J) - 1 vote (Kwatchi)

With 14 players, a majority of 8 is needed to lynch. There are 35 hours left in the day.

Still trying to recover from being ill; and here is where we stand.

13 hours ago, jamesn said:

wow I guess I almost got it through your skull that I haven't defended Barry.

edit: cheers, I'm out

:wacko:  I have had previous work situations with him and this is not his typical playing style.

4 hours ago, jluck said:

Ok, he may be scum or he may be town, but either way he’s hurting us giving up like this. He’s got my vote. 

Vote: officer Lewis (Jameson)

1 hour ago, mostlytechnic said:

I'm nervous by how many people (you, and Dianne both) are defending Lewis. I agree that he's probably town, but that's different than openly defending him. 

Possibly, but I don't think suicide by edit counts. I'm thinking we have a security person drunk while on duty. DARN IT!

Well, if he's scum and suiciding, that is GOOD for the town. 

I'm not sure that works - the rules talk about voting to lynch A person. Even if multiple had enough votes due to penalties, I think the highest vote count is the only one lynched. But we'd need clarification from Jack on that - he does tend to think like a GO TEAM member and say KILL THEM ALL! 

Vote: Lewis (jamesn)

Since he's made it easy... and I don't have a better target at the moment. 

And at this point, Lewis is a distraction and better to be gone.

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

If a player quits are they modkilled? Because if so there's no point voting for him if that's going to happen anyway. I can't see a scum doing this in any scenario to be honest. For now I'm going to Vote: Lewis (jamesn)

Three more votes added . 

59 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Advocating for a triple lynch? I don't think that's possible, but could you give us a reason why you believe Benson and Agent Moore should be lynched?

*huh*  Ok, odd indeed.  I have never seen anyone even suggest multiple lynches.  I'll be keeping an eye on this.

33 minutes ago, jluck said:

Funny, I’ve played a lot but I don’t think I’ve been in a situation where we could have multiple lynches due to penalties. Probably not a good idea, but an interesting situation. 

Same here.

With the confusing posts popping up, and many standing out as suspicious, I have reviewed by brief conversation with our Officer Skinner and something stands out.

She was suggesting Officer Lewis was possibly  godfather or paranoid gun owner or other? She didn't think the actions were something a loyal townie would do.  She added that she wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis as the lynch choice for today, if the night actions don't turn up anything. I am paraphrasing her words here and my gut says she was on to something; so I will add my vote as well. Two more votes needed for a lynch.  

Vote:  Officer Lewis (jamesn)

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

I agree, I don't see a scum doing a deliberate suicide by edit. However, for the moment, I think this is more distracting than helpful townie behavior

Just now, Lady K said:

:wacko:  I have had previous work situations with him and this is not his typical playing style.

She was suggesting Officer Lewis was possibly  godfather or paranoid gun owner or other? She didn't think the actions were something a loyal townie would do.  She added that she wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis as the lynch choice for today, if the night actions don't turn up anything. I am paraphrasing her words here and my gut says she was on to something; so I will add my vote as well. Two more votes needed for a lynch.  

I snipped some irrelevant parts out of that quote. I agree, I've never seen Lewis act like this before and he's worked here for many years, so that's why I threw out the drunk on duty idea. Others have suggested jester, but that usually doesn't work unless it's a true lynch, not a suicide. A godfather would have zero reason to get lynched. Investigated, sure (which could explain some of the early crazy) but not lynched. (also note - there has not been a godfather in games recently where I was scum, and mafiascum changed godfather from normal to not-normal in 2016 since it's a lying role) Paranoid gun owner doesn't make sense either. Since they kill whoever targets them, they're WAY more likely to kill a town PR than a scum. I read through a bunch of other roles, and I can't find anything that would makes sense of a suicide by edit. 

Also, Inmate, note that we haven't gotten an official vote count since the edit, but Lewis should have 5 penalty votes from that and so he's got WAY more votes than needed to lynch.

I wasn't really advocating for it, just thinking out loud and wondering if there was ever a situation where something like that has happened before.  It would kinda be the Sharknado of voting outcomes.  

Vote Officer Lewis (JamesN)

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

And if we are going through the evidence log I can see no indication of guilt for either of those individuals.  

4 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Bad idea, unless we are confident we can nab at least a couple of scum.  As odd as this suggestion seems, what I found more interesting was people's reaction to it, especially those who quoted this without actually addressing the bit about the triple lynch - that would be the Dr James (Tariq J) and Jason (Kintobor).  Funny how these two names keep popping up.  

3 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I'm not sure if it's the best idea either as if their all town that could really hurt us. I still don't know why Lewis gave up. I don't know if scum would allow something like that to happen. Which is why I'm not sure on lynching Lewis. What does everyone else think about this? 

My thoughts exactly.  I find really interesting that everyone has jumped on this so quickly.  I can live with seeing Officer Lewis go if he is not going to be helpful, but I'm still not comfortable with voting for someone that is more than likely town.  I really don't think scum would allow him to be so erratic and bail in this way.

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Don't think he is scum, but happy to hide your vote in amongst the others?  For this, and every other reason I've mentioned previously, Vote: Dr James (Tariq J).

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I can see why you raised Agent Moore here, but why Benson?  I don't recall Wilson (Asphalt) bringing him up specifically?

1 hour ago, Lady K said:

With the confusing posts popping up, and many standing out as suspicious, I have reviewed by brief conversation with our Officer Skinner and something stands out.

Vote:  Officer Lewis (jamesn)

Skinner was dead before we started the day.  Why are you only bringing this up now?  Feels like clutching at straws for a reason, when you could probably just get away with jumping on the bandwagon like everyone else has done.   

51 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

I agree, I don't see a scum doing a deliberate suicide by edit. However, for the moment, I think this is more distracting than helpful townie behavior

I snipped some irrelevant parts out of that quote. I agree, I've never seen Lewis act like this before and he's worked here for many years, so that's why I threw out the drunk on duty idea. Others have suggested jester, but that usually doesn't work unless it's a true lynch, not a suicide. A godfather would have zero reason to get lynched. Investigated, sure (which could explain some of the early crazy) but not lynched. (also note - there has not been a godfather in games recently where I was scum, and mafiascum changed godfather from normal to not-normal in 2016 since it's a lying role) Paranoid gun owner doesn't make sense either. Since they kill whoever targets them, they're WAY more likely to kill a town PR than a scum. I read through a bunch of other roles, and I can't find anything that would makes sense of a suicide by edit. 

Also, Inmate, note that we haven't gotten an official vote count since the edit, but Lewis should have 5 penalty votes from that and so he's got WAY more votes than needed to lynch.

Agreed.  I have also had a quick look through our databases and can't identify a role that explains Officer Lewis' behaviour. 

Also, Officer Lewis had the eight votes needed for a lynch as soon as he edited his post.  With the number of people voting for Officer Lewis at the moment, I'm concerned we have given scum a free ride today on the voting patterns.  The numbers suggest there are more town votes on Officer Lewis than scum votes.

50 minutes ago, Kristel said:

Also, Officer Lewis had the eight votes needed for a lynch as soon as he edited his post.  With the number of people voting for Officer Lewis at the moment, I'm concerned we have given scum a free ride today on the voting patterns.  The numbers suggest there are more town votes on Officer Lewis than scum votes.

I highly suspect those who jumped on the Lewis wagon post-edit. (and yes, I know I'm in that group). THERE ARE SCUM there, DARN IT! I mean, what easier way for the scummos to get away with voting for a townie than jumping on a sealed bandwagon like that? And yes, the scum are also benefiting from the suicide-by-edit since they aren't getting scrutinized or voted for or anything else today. 

5 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Highest with votes will be lynched. I'll have an updated vote count soon.

This vote on Officer Lewis seems too odd to me if I'm honest. I can't think of a scum honestly giving up like this, especially not an experienced player like that. I'm not changing my vote. 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

This vote on Officer Lewis seems too odd to me if I'm honest. I can't think of a scum honestly giving up like this, especially not an experienced player like that. I'm not changing my vote. 

That's what I was trying to allude too earlier since I don't really know how we go about this, since Office Lewis doesn't seem to be returning. To be honest, I can't think of anyone scum or town, giving up like this, there's no logical sense as to why you would since you're not helping whatever team you're on. Looking back, Office Lewis's last post makes it sound like he quit out of anger than anything else.

4 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

I highly suspect those who jumped on the Lewis wagon post-edit. (and yes, I know I'm in that group). THERE ARE SCUM there, DARN IT! I mean, what easier way for the scummos to get away with voting for a townie than jumping on a sealed bandwagon like that? And yes, the scum are also benefiting from the suicide-by-edit since they aren't getting scrutinized or voted for or anything else today. 

There are most definitely scum in that group, as there always is in a bandwagon. Likely one voted for him early too. We’ll have a decent start to our discussion next hour when all this shakes out. 

5 hours ago, Kristel said:

I can see why you raised Agent Moore here, but why Benson?  I don't recall Wilson (Asphalt) bringing him up specifically?

Benson at the time was the only person with votes on him. When Wilson brought up a triple lynch, I assumed he was referring to Benson.

Well it seems the hour is almost up, and it's time for lunch. I sure do hope we all arive unscathed after a meal. You all should know.I don't have not picked a VP to run with me yet. You all are sure a mighty fine.group to pick from. 

Current vote tally
Officer Lewis (jamesn) - 14 votes (Zepher, khscarymovie4, kintobor, jluck, penatly, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, mostlytechnic, tariq j, kady k, legomonorailfan, asphalt)
Dr. James (Tariq J) - 1 vote (Kwatchi)

With 14 players, a majority of 8 is needed to lynch. Officer Lewis (jamesn) has been lynched. Please send in your night actions. Also, due to not voting today, Barry Andropov (Kristel) will be assigned five penalty votes tomorrow when voting opens.

8 hours ago, Kristel said:

Don't think he is scum, but happy to hide your vote in amongst the others?  For this, and every other reason I've mentioned previously, Vote: Dr James (Tariq J).

@KotZ, my vote was in my last post, shown above.

2 minutes ago, Kristel said:

@KotZ, my vote was in my last post, shown above.

Oh, my bad. Thanks for catching that.

Current vote tally
Officer Lewis (jamesn) - 14 votes (Zepher, khscarymovie4, kintobor, jluck, penatly, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, mostlytechnic, tariq j, kady k, legomonorailfan, asphalt)
Dr. James (Tariq J) - 2 votes (Kwatchi, Kristel)

With 14 players, a majority of 8 is needed to lynch. Officer Lewis (jamesn) has been lynched. Please send in your night actions.