Sign in to follow this  
Systemtech

[MOC] Ebon Hawk. minifig scale

So this year i have set a new build in progress. A full minifig, as accurate as possible EBON HAWK. Using the scale of 1:42 (seems to be the most accurate and accepted minifig scale).

640?cb=20060312075325

This will be a fairly big ship, definitely not dwarfed by the USC Millennium Falcon, but will be slightly smaller.

Size :

Length : 24meters ~ 74 studs long

Width : 22.5meters ~ 68 studs wide

Height : No Official measurements. Excluding landing gear, calculated, i am looking at approximately 18 studs from lowest point to highest point.

Some may recognize the image underneath, and i have just overlayed it with studs. This will be the overall size and dimensions of the build.

TPRYyvP.jpg

Another thing that bothers me about mot USC sets, is the lack of power functions. The falcon is huge, detailed and to scale, but where are the power functions?

I intend to have the following functions :

• Raise and lower landing gear
  • raise and lower ramp
  • rotate the central turret
  • Lights
  • possibly rotate the side cannons

Thats the start. I intend to create instructions for it to but will see how i go time wise.

Edited by Systemtech

Construction is officially underway.

Landing Gear structurally complete and the frame is underway.

ExkpGMN.jpg

U3oVhUp.jpg

Waiting for a few BrickLink orders to arrive with more technic blocks.

I hope ive ordered enough haha.

Edited by Systemtech

If I may suggest something, try building from outside in. The way you have it now, you will be caught by surprise by places where due to SNOT you have to have some space inside, but you have the frame there. Making the frame first forces some compromises on the external detailing due to that. So you could for example start with cockpit interior, then make outside armor and windows, and then make a frame for this region. This way, your interior won't be limited by exterior plating, and neither of these will be limited by frame.

Thanks for the tip.

I am going to do somewhat of a hybrid approach. I am going to complete the frame with what i have there (Ie basically connecting the legs) and add in the power functions, and then start working from the outside to the frame.The entire frame is going to be below the floor of the interior spaces, and there are also fairly large gaps inside if you look at the blueprint. Also, to give you a reference, there will be approx 8 studs between the frame and the outer edge of the ship at minimum.

Edited by Systemtech

Inspiration perhaps? https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/138036-mocwip-ebon-hawk/