Hi All,

Here are some photos of a classic castle build I made last year. It is my take on the Village Mill raid set from a few years back but with classic castle factions (Crusaders and Wolfpack).

Cheers.

39696786483_39f3d853dd_c.jpg

39696792173_9478ef52d7_c.jpg

39696782673_d69e75c015_c.jpg

46609144922_8efc49f9c0_c.jpg

My two favorite parts are the horse reared up and the way you did the fire on the roof

Overall so much going on so much to look at...  You display the action well. 

12 hours ago, Aine said:

Lovely build, and really detailed!

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

53 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

My two favorite parts are the horse reared up and the way you did the fire on the roof

Overall so much going on so much to look at...  You display the action well. 

Thank you. It was one of my first builds to feature a lot of action so I'm happy that it worked.

Great build with lots of nice details. The mill looks fantastic. I don't think it's possible to build it any better with this size.

I really like the understated look of the mill. The walls and roof have great textures (and angles) but aren't falling down or busy looking. The whole building, with the sails and the railing fits together really well.

The rest is also great--minifig positioning especially--the the mill really caught my eye. :thumbup:

Great scene.  I like the pathway and the landscaping especially the way you placed the trees.  Is that a forestman in the bottom corner by the water feature which is a nice touch.  The mill is great, the roof is great and the colors work really well.  The action with the figs is wonderful.  Great job.  

19 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Great build with lots of nice details. The mill looks fantastic. I don't think it's possible to build it any better with this size.

Thank you very much.

13 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

I really like the understated look of the mill. The walls and roof have great textures (and angles) but aren't falling down or busy looking. The whole building, with the sails and the railing fits together really well.

The rest is also great--minifig positioning especially--the the mill really caught my eye. :thumbup:

Thank you. I've now got to work on putting a motor in the mill as it is going to be used in a much larger display I'm building for some shows this year.

7 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Absolutely stunning! Great attention to detail and overall a nice a busy looking scene!

Thanks. Glad you liked it.

26 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Great scene.  I like the pathway and the landscaping especially the way you placed the trees.  Is that a forestman in the bottom corner by the water feature which is a nice touch.  The mill is great, the roof is great and the colors work really well.  The action with the figs is wonderful.  Great job.  

Lol, yes there are two forestmen hiding near that tree watching the scene unfold. Perhaps they'll join in :)

Great build. Reminds me of the old Lego catalogues. There must be some sweet flour in that mill for it to be attacked by both factions at the same time! 

On 1/11/2019 at 1:16 AM, AntiZombie said:

Absolutley great and lovley build! Well done! :)

Thanks.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:30 AM, Hobbythom said:

Great build. Reminds me of the old Lego catalogues. There must be some sweet flour in that mill for it to be attacked by both factions at the same time! 

Yes, the old catalogues were awesome with the scenes they set up. Much better than the current ones (or maybe it was just because I was a kid).

On 1/11/2019 at 11:43 PM, ControlAltBrick said:

Awesome display, very inspiring!

But... i think you are even better with city/space themes!

Thank you. Might be a while before I get a chance to build space again. Who knows :)

On 1/12/2019 at 9:04 PM, badboytje88 said:

Love the mix of classic fig parts and newer figs. Great moc!

Thanks. I really love the old factions so always looking to use them where I can.

Amazing scene, great landscape and buildings. I like the fact that farmers try to defend themselves.