obijon

[MOD] MINI AT-Hauler (Solo)

Hello again everyone

This time I present a MOD rather than a full MOC – a mod of the 30498 AT-Hauler polybag which I tinkered with over the Christmas break.

51vHjyhadzL._SX355_.jpg.391a00c79962b9a7ce552c3c205fa065.jpg

I quite liked the overall design and construction of this but there were a few things that I felt needed changing:

·         Changed it from white to grey.  Think grey is better fitting for a cargo vessel and for most vessels in Star Wars.

·         Added the gantry underneath.  A simple addition with 4 extra parts which I am surprised were not included in the original.

·         Beefed up the lifting arms as they looked too thin.

·         The big one – the cockpit.  This is what made me want to MOD the polybag in the first place.  The use of the slope in the polybag is a bit lazy so I have built this using bricks with studs on the side and wedge plates.

·         And like all my other models a display stand with Rio Durant minifig.

More new and original stuff soon.

Jon

athauler1.jpegathauler2.jpegathauler3.jpegathauler4.jpegathauler5.jpegathaulerdisplay.jpeg

Edited by obijon

Looks great! The grey looks much more accurate to what’s in the movie. The gantry adds a lot of accuracy, and the cockpit looks so much better. I was trying to think of a way to cover the top of that transparent cheese slope, maybe one of the new 1x1 brackets, or a 1x3 tile down the entire cockpit, but both of those would stick up too high. Your model looks great as is, though, and really improves the original polybag set, which I thought was good to begin with (other than that plain slope for the cockpit)!

WOW! I was not expecting a lot but that is superb. Ingenious idea for the walkway below! The fence creates a great effect.