Sign in to follow this  
Jurss

[WIP] Riga-24 Delta

Another parallel project started. Hope it won't be so challenging, and I will finish it this month.

It is 50ccm motorcycle RMR 24 Delta. Produced in that time occupied Latvia, Riga. All young boys dreamed about it at that time, as it was almost the only option in this class at the time. It was produced little bit after gaining independence, but there was no demand anymore for such kind of vehicle anymore, because cars got much more available, gasoline was still cheap.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rmr24+delta&rlz=1C1GGRV_enLV751LV751&ei=gVU0XN2uMY-urgTAsIvgBQ&start=0&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwid8-_t2N3fAhUPl4sKHUDYAlw4ChDy0wMIdQ&biw=1920&bih=1054

640x360.jpg

Second preffered option was 

SaistÄ«ts attÄls

Or (harder to get, and was equipedd with JAWA engine)

SaistÄ«ts attÄls

As all these was pretty hard to buy, almost everybody was riding this thing (by some "tuning" could reach some 40+ km/h)

AttÄlu rezultÄti vaicÄjumam âmopÄds rÄ«ga 13â

Delta had 50ccm 2stroker engine was, with some 2HP. Some 2 speed gearbox. At the beginning on handle, later foot switch. All drumbrakes. Engines was from neighbouring country - Lithuania. Very rarely JAWA engine was available.

Some first draft of front fork. It won't have any suspension.

800x499.jpg

Then I wanted to color somehow front fork (yellow axles will be replaces by grey, when I'll get 11L axles in grey, now I only have one, and it is somewhere deep in Chiron), and also made first draft of frame.

800x458.jpg

Main color is defined by fork, as I had two triangles in red, also axle pin 180 connectors in red (other options was grey and black).

The first image looks for me similar to an former GDR bike "Simson S51".

Will follow for progress, looks promising so far.

Yes, there are similarities, because it is really hard to make very special simple motorcycle. Each of them have some significant design elements.

Some 5 years gone. Returned with new front shocks to this project. There are also new small panels which could help

800x415.jpg

This fork is disaster in fact. Why lego made those axle hole with offset from main axle?! I'm afraid, I will return to some of first options.

Experimenting also with engines, as it looks like it needs to be little bit shorter. Anyway, all of them look closer to 500ccm :)

Another option

800x677.jpg