Capt Wolf

Weelond 2nd Battalion ready for duty

Recommended Posts

With settlements being raided, and altercations between Corrington and Oleon in the eastern islands, it was no time to relax on security. And Eslandolan troops were scattered all over the Brick Seas. But recruitment numbers had been up ever since the regimental soccer team went to the Soccer Cup finals. Finally, Weelond had a battalion of fresh troops ready for service to supplement the veterans already on duty.

The new battalion paraded through the main gate of Fort Weelond, reviewed by General Alonzo:

01.jpg

The traditional core of Eslandolan infantry were the pikeman:

02.jpg

But it had become apparent in the Eslando-Mardierian war that the musket needed to be featured in greater quantity:

03a.jpg

03b.jpg

 

A couple more pics:

Spoiler

 

04.jpg

99.jpg

 

 

All C&C welcome.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the elevation in the grass.   Originally I pictured them marching into the parade field...  Until I saw the full build and realized cannons would I get be pointed in lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat parade there! The difference between both troop types is well done (even though pikes are mighty useless in this age :pir-grin:). Where are those torsos from? And I assume the pikes are custom?

 

I aso wonder if we will see more of the fort in the background? A great start for a large fortress, or a proper sized medium one already. Weelond does not really need another fort, but status baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is happening?! Eslandola is mobilizing warships and raising troops, and Oleon is building forts, and... and... *huh*

Did I pull a Rip van Winklego and take a brick-years nap without realizing it? :pir-laugh:

Nice job on both the fort facade and the troops. Gotta love all those morons... er, morions, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an impressive quantity of conquistador hats Eslandian soldiers!  Great way to display them with the wall and arched fort exit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Great looking MOC! Nicely done battlements and good placing of the minifigs!

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I like the elevation in the grass.   Originally I pictured them marching into the parade field...  Until I saw the full build and realized cannons would I get be pointed in lol

Thanks. I thought about putting sheep on the grass slope, but it didn't work.

As for marching out rather than in, I built the bastion for viewing from the outside. Eventually I'll do the backside too for viewing from the interior. A very long-term project.

8 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Neat parade there! The difference between both troop types is well done (even though pikes are mighty useless in this age :pir-grin:). Where are those torsos from? And I assume the pikes are custom?

I aso wonder if we will see more of the fort in the background? A great start for a large fortress, or a proper sized medium one already. Weelond does not really need another fort, but status baby!

Thanks. While a lot of Lego army builders put their armies in the late 1700s or early 1800s, I prefer the late 1600s, at the start of the golden age of piracy. As such, the pike is still in use, but on the decline.

The green torsos are from the pirate in the Soldiers Fort set from the most recent Pirate releases. The pikemen's torso is from the Knights Kingdom I era of Castle. And the pikes are from BrickWarriors.

The left bastion has been seen in an earlier build of mine. I wanted to make sure these pictures focused on the new part of the fort build, the main gate. It's modular, and eventually I want to have the other bastion as well. And I never really thought about licensing it as a new fort; it simply represents one of the existing large forts.

6 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

What is happening?! Eslandola is mobilizing warships and raising troops, and Oleon is building forts, and... and... *huh*

Did I pull a Rip van Winklego and take a brick-years nap without realizing it? :pir-laugh:

Nice job on both the fort facade and the troops. Gotta love all those morons... er, morions, sorry.

Thanks. I have plenty of morions (some would say I have plenty of morons, too), but appropriate torsos are scarcer. And I think you need to trademark Rip van Winklego! :pir-grin:

5 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

What an impressive quantity of conquistador hats Eslandian soldiers!  Great way to display them with the wall and arched fort exit!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capt Wolf said:

And I think you need to trademark Rip van Winklego! :pir-grin:

Know, eye due knot. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Typical Eslandonian to invest in pikes and equip their soldiers with ketels for hats :pir_tong2:

But the fortress background is on point!

Edited by Bart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 4:30 PM, Kai NRG said:

What an impressive quantity of conquistador hats Eslandian soldiers! 

agreed!

19 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Thanks. While a lot of Lego army builders put their armies in the late 1700s or early 1800s, I prefer the late 1600s, at the start of the golden age of piracy.

me as well! Very nice army you got there. It is beginning to look like a cold war of imperialistic nations across the Brick Seas :innocent2:

 

19 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

The pikemen's torso is from the Knights Kingdom I era of Castle.

Those work fantastic

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice scene, like it! I love how you are staying true to the greyish Weelond-style. Nice. :-) 

May I hope that there is - or will be - a full version of Fort Weelond?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 1:23 PM, Drunknok said:

Neat parade there! The difference between both troop types is well done (even though pikes are mighty useless in this age :pir-grin:). Where are those torsos from? And I assume the pikes are custom?

That kind of depends. I think it was the Swedish army that used the pike relatively long (into the 1720's or 50's) because the Swedish army relied on highly aggressive tactics of quickly closing the gap between lines and charging the enemy instead standing there and shooting volleys to whittle down the enemy. Then again, they were the exception and most "normal" armies just went with bayonets at the start of the 18th century :tongue: .

 

That being said, cool array of soldiers you got there! I like the use of the KKI torso for the pikemen. The soldiers definitely feel Eslandian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a bunch of vile sellswords group of noble Eslandolan soldiers! Everybody wishes to see them all slaughtered in action as soon as possible, for the good of all the civilized countries  glory of Eslandola! :pir_tong2:

OOC Very nice scene, both minifigure choice and  the fortress in background are very nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bart said:

Typical Eslandonian to invest in pikes and equip their soldiers with ketels for hats :pir_tong2:

But the fortress background is on point!

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very nice army you got there

On 1/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, Capt Wolf said:

The pikemen's torso is from the Knights Kingdom I era of Castle.

Those work fantastic

Thanks! It took awhile to hit on the right torso.

9 hours ago, Elostirion said:

May I hope that there is - or will be - a full version of Fort Weelond?

That is the long-term plan. Currently with the front of one bastion and the gate, it is 28 x 89, and with the frontage of another bastion added it should be around 145-150 studs across. After that I'll start to work on the flanks and flesh out the bastions. and that would still really only be about half of the full fort. As I said, modular build, and a long-term plan (dream?).

7 hours ago, Khorne said:

That kind of depends. I think it was the Swedish army that used the pike relatively long (into the 1720's or 50's) because the Swedish army relied on highly aggressive tactics of quickly closing the gap between lines and charging the enemy instead standing there and shooting volleys to whittle down the enemy. Then again, they were the exception and most "normal" armies just went with bayonets at the start of the 18th century :tongue: .

That being said, cool array of soldiers you got there! I like the use of the KKI torso for the pikemen. The soldiers definitely feel Eslandian.

With the vague Spanish feel to Eslandola, it always seemed like a homage to the tercios was required.

6 hours ago, Keymonus said:

What a bunch of vile sellswords group of noble Eslandolan soldiers! Everybody wishes to see them all slaughtered in action as soon as possible, for the good of all the civilized countries  glory of Eslandola! :pir_tong2:

OOC Very nice scene, both minifigure choice and  the fortress in background are very nice!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice scene! They look very organised and a good force to be reckoned with :sweet:

Especially cudo's for the pikeman. The combo body and legs is super!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice terrain, the fortress looks good too, and I've noticed the purse hanging on the belt of every soldier, very Eslandian.:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Nice terrain, the fortress looks good too, and I've noticed the purse hanging on the belt of every soldier, very Eslandian.:laugh:

That's to bribe the enemy on the battlefield :pir-laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

That's to bribe the enemy on the battlefield :pir-laugh:

Typical Eslandolan tactic, typical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bodi said:

Typical Eslandolan tactic, typical.

You really thought that during the Eslandolan-Mardier war, we fought with Mardier? Nope, our brave soldiers stormed the beach, targeted the enemy and one by one, bribed the enemy :laugh: It was one big Wallstreet experience :pir_laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

You really thought that during the Eslandolan-Mardier war, we fought with Mardier? Nope, our brave soldiers stormed the beach, targeted the enemy and one by one, bribed the enemy :laugh: It was one big Wallstreet experience :pir_laugh2:

Interesting, have you considered to elaborate a plan to bribe invade Oleon?  :head_back:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bodi said:

Interesting, have you considered to elaborate a plan to bribe invade Oleon?  :head_back:

Popcorn get your popcorn !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.