Ross Fisher

[FB - OL] Chateau D'Ouennes - a fort for Acropolis

Chateau D'Ouennes

Chateau D'Ouennes is a medium fort just off the coast of Acropolis.

It is inspired by the Chateau D'If from the Count of Monte Cristo, and the St Mary's Tower in Comino, which stood in for the real fort in the film. It will be functioning as a prison for heretics, criminals, political malcontents and debtors. If you'd like to imprison someone here, please let me know!

I will be working this fort into the Padré's storyline, but only when his AMRCA is over.

Interior:

Chateau D'Ouennes

I am going to keep making changes to it, so comments are appreciated.

@Kwatchi I've included Robin the cabin boy in that cage. It's only a small hop from Infero Pordejon, so it makes sense that he might end up here. Are you still ok with that?

Edited by Ross Fisher

How nice of you to put a giant lion on the side of your target! 

I actually really like this one...  The pirate cage and the shield work well.   Although I would like to see more guns on a fort the effect is quite well achieved.  I like that there is an interior as well.   Should make for some good stories!

@Roadmonkeytj more cannons; understood. Although there are multiple ways to help defend a location. I was also thinking of adding a signal fire, so that the fort could warn the town of danger. It would also mean I could fire hot-shot! You could also put chains across the town harbour like in GoT. Or they could use local reefs and shoals tactically. Move boays and markers if an enemy fleet is sighted... I'm just spitballing though.

I see the Padre has built himself a new summer residence...

Nice looking build with some cool details!

51 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

How nice of you to put a giant lion on the side of your target! 

Ha! 

Nice fortress/prison! At first I didn't get why the top was flat and had no crenellations, but then I checked out your references and I can definitely see the inspiration reflected in your MOC. The tan works great. Are there more pictures of the interior itself, like the prison on the sublevel?

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Kwatchi I've included Robin the cabin boy in that cage. It's only a small hop from Infero Pordejon, so it makes sense that he might end up here. Are you still ok with that?

What?! This is an outrage!!!!  Oleon has gone to far! :damn:

Ya, I am fine with you locking him up Robin, as long as I can bust him out of jail if/when I ever get back to my story line.  I'll need him to act as a transition POV since my remaining two story introduced Captain's managed to themselves sunk and killed last month. :wall:

1 hour ago, Kwatchi said:

I am fine with you locking him up Robin, as long as I can bust him out

That's fine. Give me a heads up so that I can question him first. In the mean time I'll keep him safe and sound...

@Khorne there are!

Chateau D'Ouennes Oubliette

Chateau D'Ouennes gibbet

Chateau D'Ouennes barracks

Chateau D'Ouennes Battery

A CHILD IN A CAGE !!! THIS IS SCANDAL !!!

Nice fort, and this Lion :thumbup:

I, DOCTOR OLIVER THAUM, COMMAND OLEON TO PUT A STOP TO THIS OUTRAGE OR BE PREPARED TO THE WORST !

9 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Man, you are not going to like 1930s New York.

That wasn't a cage...  That was so your baby could properly air himself because that's important for child development.  Besides what's safer then a crib hanging from a window in a skyscraper? 

Nice fort, although its a while (maybe even a decade) since I've seen the Count of Monte Christo, but I can see the resemblance. 
nice detail of the track for the gun.
But booze on watch?

21 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

That's fine. Give me a heads up so that I can question him first. In the mean time I'll keep him safe and sound...

@Khorne there are!

Thanks for the extra shots! Where is the tea cup and saucer part from? I can't say I've seen that before. I like how you gave all the soldiers legs with "shoe printing". Nice detail :thumbup: .

On 1/7/2019 at 3:42 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Chateau D'Ouennes barracks

I just realized your trying to get Intel on a certain Captain Nordau's where abouts lol

An impressive fort, I like how tall it looks like, should be hard to climb, the interior looks good too. And I share others' concern about the living condition of that poor cabin boy.:pir-grin:

Great job with including that shield in the wall of the fort!

As expert on big smooth walls (check this out), I think you did a great job :sweet: But some brick-bricks and other colours (dark tan or medium flesh or grey) to break it, would make it even better.

56 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

But some brick-bricks and other colours (dark tan or medium flesh or grey) to break it, would make it even better

I know what you mean. It's a bit Wall of Colour right now. I have a couple of unused stickers from the Hogwarts Great Hall that I haven't used yet. Might just throw a couple of them on there as a cheat...

With the rule change, I have had to sell this property to the nation of Oleon. I will no longer be updating the build to incorporate it into Padré François' story. Instead, I will probably do a smaller build in Acropolis proper.

It seems I am still paying for the upkeep of this fort. I have submitted a transaction form and the details included. Hopefully that will help to transfer ownership.