TheNerdyOne_

[MOC] Nexo Knights Fleet

Given Nexo Knight's status as a fun sci-fi theme, I thought it would be really fun to build some spaceships for the theme.  I have one finished, and plan on building one for each of the main characters.  First up is Captain Fox's Longbow Cruiser:

32774888608_cd69fb0da2_b.jpg

32768282868_7b24639236.jpg32768282888_54f6df9857.jpg32768282938_5c87079bea.jpg\

Hope you enjoy it!  I look forward to finishing the others.

Wow, it's a really unique looking spaceship! It does look very recognizable as something from Nexo Knights too.

This is cool!  I love how you take the base crossbow look of the original and make it look like something out of a sci-fi movie.  The little side-ships are great too.  I'm looking forward to seeing the others!

I like the angles sweeping back across the wings, and I think you've used brighter colors (blue/silver) very well, nice blocking and balance. I feel like the black along the leading edge isn't quite right--it seems out of place with the rest of the ship somehow--but that might just be because of the rendering.

Anyway, nice job :thumbup:

6 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

I like the angles sweeping back across the wings, and I think you've used brighter colors (blue/silver) very well, nice blocking and balance. I feel like the black along the leading edge isn't quite right--it seems out of place with the rest of the ship somehow--but that might just be because of the rendering.

Anyway, nice job :thumbup:

Thank you for the feedback!  It is intended to look a bit separate from the rest of the ship, but I tried recoloring the black to light grey and I think it might have helped, any thoughts?

camuzwg.png

12 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Needs more LIME GREEN :D

Make a Mace one next :D

Personally, I kinda really hate that they started introducing all sorts of colors in later seasons so I'm gonna try to stick to the blue/grey.  I am trying to figure out how a mace one would look though!

19 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

Wow, it's a really unique looking spaceship! It does look very recognizable as something from Nexo Knights too.

19 hours ago, Grey Magistrate said:

This is cool!  I love how you take the base crossbow look of the original and make it look like something out of a sci-fi movie.  The little side-ships are great too.  I'm looking forward to seeing the others!

Thanks for the feedback! :)

4 hours ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

I tried recoloring the black to light grey and I think it might have helped, any thoughts?

Yup, light grey fits much better with the first-year Nexo color scheme.  Good change!

On 1/7/2019 at 11:45 AM, TheNerdyOne_ said:

Given Nexo Knight's status as a fun sci-fi theme, I thought it would be really fun to build some spaceships for the theme.  I have one finished, and plan on building one for each of the main characters.  First up is Captain Fox's Longbow Cruiser:

HECK YEAH, NEXO SPACE!!! :moar:

I must say, I really dig this first entry of yours into this endeavor, though it makes lament the lack of fan creations we've seen so far since the theme was launched. Heck, it's even hard to come by builds that make predominate usage of all the cool parts it introduced, something I figured more people would at least be rushing to get their hands on to add to their building repository. :def_shrug:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

This is a great concept of a space fleet, nice use of parts for the smaller ships too.

Is the transparent orange meant to be regular or neon orange?

Just wondering because during year 1 both colors were used, neon for the Knights, and regular trans orange for the Lava Monsters. 

The change from black to grey certainly looks more year 1 Nexo Knights too in case of Aaron, black was mostly used for Robin.

Edited by TeriXeri

17 hours ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

I tried recoloring the black to light grey and I think it might have helped, any thoughts?

I think it works wonderfully! It definitely shows off the shape of the ship better and is more coherent color-wise. I love it.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

HECK YEAH, NEXO SPACE!!! :moar:

I must say, I really dig this first entry of yours into this endeavor, though it makes lament the lack of fan creations we've seen so far since the theme was launched.

Good point. While I don't have much of an opinion on NK's specific classification as far as theme goes (nor do I think we really need to go into it here), the look really pairs well with a deep space design, as seen here. Thanks again @TheNerdyOne_ for sharing your design here!

2 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

While I don't have much of an opinion on NK's specific classification as far as theme goes (nor do I think we really need to go into it here), the look really pairs well with a deep space design, as seen here.

Well, someone else in particular did see that connection and put two and two together... :wink:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, someone else in particular did see that connection and put two and two together... :wink:

Don't want to steal the thread, but I'm certainly planning to build some "Classic Space" inspired Nexo build if I take apart my sets sometime.

Maybe a thread for alternate Nexo Knight builds could be better suited for that, because I have seen some amazing original alternate models from single sets.

Don't know the best policy to handle other people's MOCs on this forum, because I absolutely do not want to take their credit.

Edited by TeriXeri

54 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Don't know the best policy to handle other people's MOCs on this forum, because I absolutely do not want to take their credit.

Take a page from @danth and @LegoModularFan and start a "Favorite/Inspirational Nexo Knights MOCs" topic that all EB members can contribute to! :sweet:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I hadn't seen that, I love their take on it a lot!

7 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

I think it works wonderfully! It definitely shows off the shape of the ship better and is more coherent color-wise. I love it.

Good point. While I don't have much of an opinion on NK's specific classification as far as theme goes (nor do I think we really need to go into it here), the look really pairs well with a deep space design, as seen here. Thanks again @TheNerdyOne_ for sharing your design here!

Thanks for the suggestion, I think it works much better!

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

This is a great concept of a space fleet, nice use of parts for the smaller ships too.

Is the transparent orange meant to be regular or neon orange?

Just wondering because during year 1 both colors were used, neon for the Knights, and regular trans orange for the Lava Monsters. 

The change from black to grey certainly looks more year 1 Nexo Knights too in case of Aaron, black was mostly used for Robin.

It's supposed to be neon orange, it just looks very red in LDD so I've been using regular orange to build.

Also, speaking of Robin, I finished another ship!

The Sword of the Black Knight

45766966555_d7f3854a97_b.jpg

Commanded by Captain Underwood, the Sword of the Black Knight is a highly customized Claymore-class Battlecruiser.

46682106121_d64888f36f.jpg45766966575_e313c9925c.jpg45766966585_621438d389.jpg

And here's one of the fleet so far:

45957330514_48893bd6c1_b.jpg

12 hours ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

Also, speaking of Robin, I finished another ship!

The Sword of the Black Knight

Sweet Mother of King Halbert... :thumbup: :oh:

Are you aware of Andrew Lee's Sword Cruiser creation for Clay? They're so strikingly similar... :wub:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Sweet Mother of King Halbert... :thumbup: :oh:

Are you aware of Andrew Lee's Sword Cruiser creation for Clay? They're so strikingly similar... :wub:

Yes I remember seeing that a little while ago!  Definitely a really cool model!  Originally I wasn't even going to do a sword ship cause I didn't want it to end up just being similar to that one, but the Black Knight Mech's sword looked too much like a spaceship for me not to recreate it haha.

70326_alt3.jpg

4 hours ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

Originally I wasn't even going to do a sword ship cause I didn't want it to end up just being similar to that one, but the Black Knight Mech's sword looked too much like a spaceship for me not to recreate it haha.

Good for you! We need Swordships to become a thing!!! :thumbup: :grin:

6 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Wow these are pretty sweet! Do they have space inside for minifigures?

Not really.  I supposed the sword ship can fit some, but they're really designed to just be mini-scale.

One more completed, Captain Richmond's Lancer-class Destroyer.

32882919588_0f6a8ff458_b.jpg

32882916758_9740e0a4ca.jpg 31816657757_091a03d2b7.jpg

While it lacks a hangar or any sort of fighter compliment, the entire ship is essentially one giant gun.  It is capable of incredible firepower.

1 hour ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

One more completed, Captain Richmond's Lancer-class Destroyer.

Nice! :thumbup: :sweet:

I must say though, the lack of angular "Nexo" parts in this one makes it look a little less characteristic with the theme compared to the others; but, I guess that's just consequently due to all the circular parts used instead to emphasize the "lance" look of the destroyer-craft. :shrug_oh_well: