Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] A new fort in Astrapi

The recent raids on Fatu Hiva and Acropolis have revealed the weakness of certain Oleander settlements, and la Royale can't send a squadron of warships to each settlement. The colonial government, after thorough deliberation, has decided to build more forts. Astrapi, where seats the Royal Arsenal, was prompt to react, and a new fort was erected in no time.

1546852705m_DISPLAY.jpg

The gate lifted slowly, producing a sound of metal creaking, a man rushed out the fort, and ran madly to the pier.

There, he interpelled the captain of the nearest ship, "quick, lift anchor and set sail, I have a letter to deliver."

The captain glanced at the officer, and answered lazily, "Impossible, I have received no such order."

The officer grown impatient, raised his voice,"I'm the commodore Lagaufre, commanding the Eltina squadron." It was indeed Lagaufre, who has planned to spend his weekend in Astrapi.

15468527061_DISPLAY.jpg

The captain retorted "and here is Astrapi, not Eltina.

- "And I'm your superior, and stand at attention when I speak to you, now I requistion your ship, service du Roi!" Lagaufre growled.

15468527062_DISPLAY.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

C&C are welcome.

Indeed superb angling for the towers. It gives the right feeling without being a Minecraft fort.

Although the battlements should be a bit more higher I think. There is not really much place to hide :cannon:

Ah snap!  Guess I'll have to be raiding the Corries this time around... :pir_tong2: :pir_laugh2:  A neat little fort, Bodi, though as Maxim mentioned, there doesn't seem to be much room to hide!  (And, of course, that's what everybody tries to do when Captain Nordau comes riding in to harbor, :pir-grin:)

Overall this fort is a neat arrangement and I like the use of tan on grey. Certain aspects look a little light but the angle of the two cannon towers is nice. The way the base is arranged I get the feeling the water is shallow on each side and deeper in the middle?

Nicely done fort Bodi! While I agree with the others about the battlement height, I quite like what you've come up with.

4 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Ah snap!  Guess I'll have to be raiding the Corries this time around... :pir_tong2: :pir_laugh2: 

Lol... :laugh:

What's all this talk of "Hiding in Battle"?  One does not play hide and seek with cannon balls lol

I like the fort simple yet effective ... Good fig poses and great addition of the ships orders. 

On 1/7/2019 at 8:54 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice fort... the Brick Seas are prepapring for war as it seems...

Clever angles for the towers and pretty good collection of bricked bricks

A fort is purely defensive, we just want to keep our fellow minifigs unharmed from villainous raiders.:angel_sing:

You are at my all collection of brick bricks here, and a large part of my grey bricks.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:51 PM, Maxim I said:

Indeed superb angling for the towers. It gives the right feeling without being a Minecraft fort.

Although the battlements should be a bit more higher I think. There is not really much place to hide :cannon:

A true Oleander don't need to hide in a battefield.:grin:

On 1/7/2019 at 10:50 PM, Garmadon said:

Ah snap!  Guess I'll have to be raiding the Corries this time around... :pir_tong2: :pir_laugh2:  A neat little fort, Bodi, though as Maxim mentioned, there doesn't seem to be much room to hide!  (And, of course, that's what everybody tries to do when Captain Nordau comes riding in to harbor, :pir-grin:)

That's exactly why I've built this fort, from now on, captain Nordau better thinks twice before setting his foot on Olean soil. :pir-angry::pir_laugh2:

On 1/7/2019 at 11:09 PM, Captain Dee said:

Overall this fort is a neat arrangement and I like the use of tan on grey. Certain aspects look a little light but the angle of the two cannon towers is nice. The way the base is arranged I get the feeling the water is shallow on each side and deeper in the middle?

Thanks captain Dee. The middle part looks deeper because it's a 16x32 baseplate, and I've used 16x16 baseplates for the two cannon towers. In the beginning, I just wanted to build a gate, but then I thought why not add some walls, a brige too, and things went a little bit out of control.:pir-grin:

On 1/8/2019 at 3:07 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

Nicely done fort Bodi! While I agree with the others about the battlement height, I quite like what you've come up with.

Lol... :laugh:

Thanks LM, I'll build the battlement higher next time.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:23 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

What's all this talk of "Hiding in Battle"?  One does not play hide and seek with cannon balls lol

I like the fort simple yet effective ... Good fig poses and great addition of the ships orders. 

Well said. Glad you like my fort.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:23 AM, Kwatchi said:

I like those the corner towers.  Nicely done.

Thanks Kwatchi, glad you like it.