After seeking out the Olean consul, Montoya now had to find conveyance back to King's Harbour and had made his way to the Jameston docks, where he had found a midshipman of a Royal Navy vessel.

31491435137_f8e94e25d3_c.jpg

"Aye sir, we're off a brig lying in the roads, which will be going west as soon as we've watered and resupplied" the midshipman reported. "And unless new orders have arrived, we are indeed heading for King's Harbour"

Turning to a sailor, he barked: "Take care with those barrels, Johnson - we don't want them spilling good rum now, do we?" and back to Montoya: "Beggin' yer pardon, sir. Requirements of the service and all that... We can find room for you, your assistant and limited dunnage in the boat. I am sure the capt'n 'll accommodate you shipboard, sir."

"Just be back here this at 2 this afternoon, and I'll take you out"

Overall shot of the build. I think this warehouse/dock will be licensed as a commerce in Jameston, while I might license the boat as a class 1. C&C is, as always, welcome.

45518393775_6b05a28597_c.jpg

Nice vessel. :thumbup: Those curve-slope pieces work great once again. The warehouse is rather uniquely styled, though I wonder if some black across the top-center might balance it off. And there ain't near enough black on that carriage. It needs black wheels. :tongue:

Good to see the story of Montoya's return unfolding.

There's some great details in this for a rather  "un-eventful" dockside.

I like the window treatment and the archways. 

While it's well build it's very dark and hard to make out some details between the boat/carrige and building.  A plate of tan between the roof line might have helped. 

I would have liked to see a few more characters on the dock as your story makes it seem as if the ship is being loaded with lots of action.

Over all its a great dock scene.   Let's hope Montoya has a safer travel then the last time he was at Sea! 

Any chance to get the sulkie cart pictured by itself?

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

A very nice dock scene! I particularly like the warehouse door, it's always fun to see everybody's different custom ones!

A comment on presentation: keeping the blue plate on both sides of the dock makes it seem as if it is right in the water. You have even built some waves on the side.

I really like the pointed arches of this build!  Tan and black work surprisingly well together too.  Great architectural design with the tower sticking out the middle of a rectangular building, not something I've seen too often in LEGO builds!

nice build, both the ship and the building. 
It's because others mentioned the cart otherwise I would've missed it, being black on black (on black)

A classic Bregir MOC! Very nice :)

The water effect you created looks amazing!

Very nice little scene, Breg; lovely vessel, and an excellent building (those arches are great!) to set the backdrop :thumbup:  Your waves always look really good despite being so simple, but my favorite thing here's probably that carriage :wub:  As Captain Dee pointed out, it's a bit hard to spot and make out the details - but I'm loving what I can see!