Sign in to follow this  
Permo

(WIP) "A Muscle Car" (stage 1, engine)

Hello,

It has been a while due to being too occupied on the job (landed a new engineering project) to build anything substantial, but this christmas I started another MOC concept "A Muscle Car" as I am not shure what it is going to end up like.

The first finnished stage is the Supercharged V8 engine, it will be front mouted between the wheels, I allready have a concept chassis going on and it fits nicely and I did not have to compromise the steering angle and pneumatic suspension system.

The engine is mounted in a way that will make it quite easy to swap for a replacement engine and will run on it's own, not mounted to the drivetrain which will consist of two pairs of hard coupled L motors driving the rear wheels only...

enjoy;

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Next stage, chassis...

Lol,... yeah, not shure about the stickers as the engine design is based on a old school supercharged hemi V8 big block with nitro injection, Porsche don't make those :sceptic:

But they give a nice detail to the cillinderheads...

I think they will go at some point...

At first I was disappointed the main fan has no axle + connection but a round hole instead, but it runs just fine and the cool thing is,  when the engine stops the fan keeps on running for a bit, just like the real thing. Also the supercharger is mounted quite loosely on purpose so it shakes and rattles a bit when the engine is running.

Back to the chassis now...

this looks really interesting and strange in details!. I think a few more photos would be great, to show some of your building/chassis etc.

I just got a new camera (Fuji XF10) and loving it....

So I will....

I'm not really happy with the looks of the back and roofline... performance wise it's doing great, solid rear axle with 4 L motors on V2 receivers fed by a 11.1V Lipo,.... it's fast. Suspension is very smooth and bouncy, steering is pretty sharp.

I've been driving it in a parking garage as my livingroom is simply too small for this thing.

So it's actually still a WIP, and I'll love some input on the design of this thing...

Okay... Cool engine, and very...different body styling.

I myself miss a nice pair of eyes in front, so please add some proper headlights. Futuristic or oldscool headlights, both would probably fit well :thumbup:

For those who wanted to see some more pictures...

And it does have headlights, made from transparant black bricks, so they "disappear" when not in use, I will have to solder some LED's for this as using Lego lights will introduce too much wiring and bulky connectors to make a fit (and they are overly expensive and too blue for my taste)

So there it is;

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

:wacko:

Wow, I take it back, these Headlights look pretty good, but I did not even notice them. But when they are on they look very mean, NICE