Carsten Svendsen

I'm looking for solid ways of fixing power puller wheels

What I'm using now are these hubs

11950c01.png

And they are alright for smaller wheels, but for the big power pullers, there's like a full centimeter travel on the outer edge of the wheel. I tried putting an 8L axle through and hold it to the chassis. It sturdied it up without weight on it - with the weight of the vehicle on the wheels, the result is the same.

What are the alternatives for a proper fixing?

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

Most probably, some custom hub is the only solution.

I don't have powerpuller wheels, so can't try out something .

I'm looking at using a small turntable - search/look for my 1:12 tractor custom wheels thread

It never occured to me to use turntables. Thank you, I will be using the big turntable with teeth on the inside :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, kuuup said:

That looks something along the lines of what I was thinking. I never though about putting another tyre inside the tyre to stiffen it up. I'll do that, 'cause my MOC's a bit on the plus side

I see good solutions here, but some of you forget that the power puller rims only have 3 holes + the center, so fixing it is more complicated. I have however found a solid way to attach it, so thank you all for the help

Hi, a little update...

I installed the turntables as wheel hubs, and I'm not very impressed with the performance. Sure, the wheel is a bit more stable, however they turn horribly under pressure.

Is it recommended to grease them up? If that is the case, I have to get the two halves separated which proves impossible through trial and error, leaving me no choice than to buy the halves from bricklink.

Is this normal, and what are other peoples experiences regarding this matter?